Author Topic: National League Week 1  (Read 3444 times)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
National League Week 1
« on: March 07, 2010, 21:28:39 PM »
I am sucking out on everyone left, right and centre.

Some people are genuinely getting narked - you"d think it was for more than $10!
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: National League Week 1
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 21:31:14 PM »

I am sucking out on everyone left, right and centre.

Some people are genuinely getting narked - you"d think it was for more than $10!

Excellent. Keep up the good work.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 00:25:00 AM »
A great start for Solent and nearly a fantastic one.

Thirteen players turned out for the team and there were a couple of tables with three and four Solent players. Don"t know whether that helped or hindered you. We came really close to getting three players on the final table, with Keith Bartholomew finishing 11th and David Grimsdale 10th. The bubble went on for ages before David was the unlucky one. As often happens, Dave Howard was the star of the show, building a very big stack early through some careful play (cough). He finished 3rd and in the end was unlucky when he was knocked out.

Overall, a really good start. As always in poker, we were really close to it being so much better, as Bart and Dave G could easily have made the FT and Dave H could easily have won the whole thing. Plenty to be optimistic about for future weeks!

For those who finished further down the list, that"s just the way it goes. As you know, poker is weird like that. You could be 99th one week and 1st the following one. I know what it"s like to have your name way down the list - last year I didn"t score a single point in this league - but it means nothing and it is usually better to risk going out early while giving yourself a chance of a high finish than to struggle along and end up disappearing out in, erm, 15th place for the same points. So see you all next week - same time, same channel.

Finishing Positions:
3 Dave Howard     T6isbest
10 David Grimsdale     Vaughan1978
11 Keith Bartholomew     GoldnEagle8
15 John Murray     Mint Trav
23 James Bagley     bagface
25 Andy Heath     each it
36 Maggie Holt      Raggy Maggie
39 Scott Kinnear     KardKlub1
41 Leigh Efford     TPTKMav  
42 Doug Winborn     SpongeDoug
57 Ben Justice     Leo9
63 Harry Brownsdon     AitchBB
67 Bruce Shannon     BIGERSHAN

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 18:33:21 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Grimstar30

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 18:00:12 PM »
Had good fun in this. Looking forward to networking and making some new poker buddies.

Bit of a cooler for me going out AQ v. KK.. but if the structure changes to be a bit flatter I think we can push for more places at the next final table.

Dave

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:32:42 AM »
Best way to play this imho is to just play for the win when it"s deep (that"s if you can"t rely on getting lucky like me!). If the structure is this bad again, then I"d recommend shoving every SB and Button regardless of cards if folded to you (I did). Choose your opponent to bully carefully ;)

As soon as I chose to play poker I got knocked out, there"s a lesson there somewhere I"m sure..

Fingers crossed it gets sorted though and we get a slightly better game next week!

TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

Mayfair

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 20:34:24 PM »
Well done in round 1 Dave.

I shall be luckboxing my way to a final table on saturday hopefully.