Author Topic: Chris Filus....  (Read 3785 times)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Chris Filus....
« on: October 28, 2007, 00:59:45 AM »
Anybody else watching him play on challenge at the mo?

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
Re: Chris Filus....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 01:30:46 AM »
I am now thanks. Met Chris in Dublin - very nice bloke.

asarge

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 01:48:43 AM »
im on challenge +1 so dont tell me whats happening ;D

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 01:35:58 AM »
 i wanna comment but i dont wanna spoil it now for anyone whos still watching :(

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 20:14:20 PM »
I saw a bit of this.  How did he get on?

I know Chris as well from Dublin, and more recently the BlondeBash in Cardiff
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 20:53:50 PM »
Chris is a really good guy and he eventually went out 4th, despite being chipleader for long periods.  Unfortunately it seems the blinds had reached a stage when every move each of the final 4 made, was committing them for all of their chips.  It must have been an awfull structure and I hope Chris comes on to give us some insight.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 00:06:59 AM »
The comment i was going to make was that if his pocket threes had held up against dan carters two overs who knows where he would have finnished?  If the structures are that fast then surely the buy in is too high amount for what will turn into a crapshoot... but then if it was lower the pros wouldnt play and the prize pool wouldnt get that high  (i forget what the buy in was but it wasnt chump change)

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 18:10:37 PM »
Thanks for the interest in me.

The whole experience was excellant, true the cards turned against me in the end, but I have no complaints as my $6000 ticket was won through The Daily Telegraph freeroll.

The comment i was going to make was that if his pocket threes had held up against dan carters two overs who knows where he would have finnished?  If the structures are that fast then surely the buy in is too high amount for what will turn into a crapshoot... but then if it was lower the pros wouldnt play and the prize pool wouldnt get that high  (i forget what the buy in was but it wasnt chump change)

If only, I knew he was making a move, and that seemed to change the tourney for me. The eventual winner had come over the top of my reasonable starting hand 3 times in sucession ( not shown on the potted highlights) and with  kh qh I decided to make a stand. This did not hold up to :as: ad

Then every time I had a marginal hand he had a slightly better one.

The structure has changed this year, last year it was 30 mins blinds, this year it was 21 hands, similar, but the others that played seemed to prefer this years structure.

Anyway once again thanks for the interest, see you all at Walsall. I"ll be the one in the 888.com fianalists teeshirt.......lol

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 19:40:17 PM »
Great stuff Chris.  I"m sure we"ll see you again on telly soon.  See you on Saturday.

(not sure who everyone"s talking about though -  "good guy" & "nice bloke" - maybe they"re thinking about someone else ???).

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason