Author Topic: BCPC SEASON 3, WEEK FIVE......IT'S GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE  (Read 3540 times)

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
BCPC SEASON 3, WEEK FIVE......IT'S GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE
« on: March 17, 2010, 00:24:46 AM »
With one week left of Season Three there are just 7 players in with a chance of lifting the Title after a night in which just 3 of the previous top 10 made the Final Table.
Tony Trippier was almost first out but clung on and so that honour went to Clive Padden.....who then took the card round and promptly won it !!

Steve Freer went next before Tony finally departed and was quickly followed by League leader Nathan Harris who tasted the disappointment of not making a Final Table for the first time since joining the League in Week 2.
 That took us down to 20 players on 2 tables and when Debjani Duncan pushed all-in with   tc   td   Andy Overton followed suit with   qh   qs  and that prompted Marc Ward to pass his ace.......which would have won on the ace-high board that followed.

Deb"s other half Andy Duncan quickly followed his wife when running   ad   tc  into Matt Mc"Kinlay"s   ah   :as:  and so that was 4 players from the top 10 down.

Out in 18th went Richard Davis but in very unfortunate fashion as his   ah   kc   matched up well against Mick Wells with    kd   td   but a board of   :2h:   8d   7c   9d    jd  killed Richard"s hopes.

The next elimination was a big one. Tod Wood shoved with his   9c   9d  and got called by Mark "Card-Rack" Eagles with the monster that is   ah   6h  (Though he was chipped-up and hitting everything, in his defence !). Marc Ward then also got involved with   td   kd  and that prompted Ant "The Rock" Williams to pass his pocket Jacks.

The flop of   kh   7c   5h was great for Mark and the    ac  on the turn even more so before the   5d  on the river sealed the double-elimination and left Ant congratulating himself on being able to pass a monster !

Soon afterwards, Ant picked up the biggest monster of them all in   ad1   ac  and was delighted to see short-stack Mick wells shove all-in ahead of him with just  :2d:   5d   .  Marcel Furet, who had been steadily accumulating chips, also came along for the ride with his   th    9s   and was delighted  to see a flop of   6h   8s   tc   the turn came the   :3c:  to keep Mick interested also, but the killer card was the   7h  on the river, completing Marcel"s straight and eliminating Ant and Mick.

Matt and Maxine McKinlay were then eliminated in 13th and 12th respectively before Brian Yates made an ill-timed shove with    th    8h   and got called by Marcel with    ah    9d   and that turned into trip aces by the turn to take us to the Final Table.

At this stage only Malcolm Howell, Will Young and Paul Foy were left from the starting top 10 and so they had a great chance to steal a march on their rivals, but for Season Two Champion Andy Overton, the dream of repeating ended when he pushed   ah   js  into Marcel"s   9c   9d  and got no help from the board and exited in 10th place.  

Steve Bayliff returned to BCPC action after a two-game break and maintained his 100% Final Table appearance record but then got crippled when his   kd   qs  ran into Harry Ward"s   ac   kh   before Will Young finished him off.

"Shirt Of Shame" wearer Joey Williams ensured that he wont be wearing it next month with an 8th place finish before Rob Hewlitt exited in 7th and that meant that all 3 of the players in the Top 10 at this Final Table were still in.

Will Young looked to be done for when he made a move with   :2d:    4d   only to get called by Marcel with    ac    tc   only to see a   :2c:   on the flop and a    :2h:  on the turn to bail him out.  But just 2 hands later Marcel shoved with   ad1    qh   and an ace on the flop got him all of those chips back against Will with    8h     8c  .

Will quickly got them all-in once again with   9c    9d   and got a caller in Paul Foy with   kh    ah   but a blank board saw Paul exit in 6th place and sees him going into the final week as the only player to make 4 Final Tables in Season Three and yet mathematically, he cannot now win the Title whereas people below him in the League can !

Malcolm Howell had become the first player in BCPC history to make ten Final Tables tonight but looked in trouble when his all-in shove with    ad    8h   got THREE callers, yet amazingly the Poker Gods were with him and he quadrupled up !

He then got all his gains in the middle with   tc    td   against Marcel"s   th    js   but this was Marcel"s night and he made a straight on the river to knock Malcolm out in 5th place.

That put him one point ahead of Nathan Harris at the top of the table but a 2nd place finish for Will Young would see him take over that spot. However, when Will shoved on a board of   kh    5c    :3c:   Mark Eagles made a big call with      4c    4d   and Will sheepishly turned over   qh    jd   and left in 4th place.

That left Harry Ward to fight for the spoils with Mark Eagles and Marcel Furet and it was a two very strange hands that saw Harry"s 3rd place exits as he pushed with   4h    5h   and Mark Eagles"   8s    :2h:   took him out !

Mark became the first player to take the "Shirt Of Shame" onto the Final Table in week 4 and tonight he showed that was no fluke. But Marcel recently cashed in the GUKPT at Walsall and he showed THAT was no fluke by being the first player to win three times at the BCPC when his   ad    qs   saw off Mark"s    qd    js   .

Victory catapulted Marcel up 9 places in the League to 4th and he, along with Tony Trippier, Andy Duncan, Marc Ward, Will Young and Nathan Harris will all be trying to win that coverted trophy and Title when Season Three ends on April 16th. 

TABLE AFTER WEEK FIVE
POS                                PTS
1   MALCOLM HOWELL        31
2   NATHAN HARRIS           30
3   WILL YOUNG                27
4   MARCEL FURET             23
5   MARC WARD                23
6   ANDY DUNCAN             21
7   PAUL FOY                   18
8   TONY TRIPPIER            16
9   HARRY WARD               16
10   MATT McKINLAY          15
11   MARK EAGLES              14
12   TOD WOOD                 12
13= CLIVE PADDEN             10
13= MICK WELLS                10
15   ROB HEWLITT               9
16   STEVE FREER                9
17   BRIAN YATES                8
18   DEBJANI DUNCAN          7
19= RICHARD DAVIS            5
19= MAXINE McKINLAY        5
21   ANDY OVERTON           5
22   STEVE BAYLIFF            5
23   ANT WILLIAMS            4
24= STEVE REDFERN           3
24= JOEY WILLIAMS           3
26 BRETT SINCLAIR            0

LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
Re: BCPC SEASON 3, WEEK FIVE......IT'S GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:58:33 AM »
You must have made a mistake Brian, Steve Redfern 3 points! That can"t be right! ;)
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 10:24:45 AM »
lol he is really shocking just a luckbox 3 pts is about right
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 12:30:17 PM »
Given that I"ve only actually played 2 games from the 5 rounds so far, made a final table in one of those, and got my chips in as a 75% fave after the flop in the other.... I"m not overly worried :D

WYoung83

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 16:59:56 PM »
 I will have you know that i Proudly, not sheepishly turned over six outs, and a backdoor straight draw, not just QJ.
Anyway, on reflection i did shoot myself in the foot here, had a great chance to get heads up with the reletive stacks on the table. But as usual i was going for the win and willing to sacrefice a few point to try and do so.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 17:22:45 PM »

I will have you know that i Proudly, not sheepishly turned over six outs, and a backdoor straight draw, not just QJ.
Anyway, on reflection i did shoot myself in the foot here, had a great chance to get heads up with the reletive stacks on the table. But as usual i was going for the win and willing to sacrefice a few point to try and do so.

not on about that - was thinking of my exit hand in round 3 - had 94 on a 94J flop.... managed to get all in with a caller who had J2. turn 6, river 6.