Author Topic: Able to get away from this Omaha hand/misplayed - Tourney at HU stage  (Read 2564 times)

LongshanksED

• Gold Member

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
Re: Able to get away from this Omaha hand/misplayed - Tourney at HU stage
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2010, 22:28:02 PM »

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 09:43:05 AM »
Just a few thoughts on what I was thinking as each street played out

villian would jump on any sign of weakness throughout the game big anyone bet pre then checked flop he would bet big and take it down. I managed to get alot if hips through him when I flopped strong flushs or straights by checking and waiting for his "move". Unfortunetly I rarely got to see his holdings as he would either auto muck or fold to a re raise!

pre flop - didn"t want to let opponent in cheap or play a poor hand oop post flop so thought a pot bet pre would be best to scare villain off. Should he call I think in done with the hand unless I flop a strong hand (set or a straight draw)

flop - well I hit my flop but I don"t like the 2 hearts on board and think a pot sized bet will define my hand as a set or strong flush draw

turn - doesn"t change much and again think a pot bet would/should scare off any flush draw. If he has a stronger set then nice hand. Neither one if us is getting away from the hand it seems. I can only put him on a flush draw Or 77 in his hand. He had history of re raising pre with paired face cards and didn"t do it this time. He unlikely has 4 5 for a straight as I hold 2 of the 4s. Pot bet should scare him away!

River - well if he has flush draw he hit but if he has a good flush draw wouldt he have raised the flop to extract value then if he hits. I reckon I"m behind but I don"t think I can check fold. If I get my chips in now then it may look like I"ve been the one drawing to nut flush and he may fold. Esecially now that king hearts has appeared. If he had flush draw he could be worried that it"s behind to my flush!    

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 11:44:52 AM »
check pre for starters, in omaha the button is likely to play a huge % of hands with position on you and your hand plays awfully postflop if you don"t flop a set/straight.

obviously postflop you are golden and betting strongly is good, river is meh but i don"t think i would want to fold, he is never folding any sort of flush so dont mind either line on river tbh.
Looking forward to making my first day 2