Author Topic: National League Week 3  (Read 4108 times)

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
National League Week 3
« on: March 28, 2010, 21:01:10 PM »
Well, I"ve done bugger all this weekend - aside from forget to play either APAT online tournie! Naturally remember about 30 secs too late for the PLO too :@
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
Re: National League Week 3
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 22:02:16 PM »

Well, I"ve done bugger all this weekend - aside from forget to play either APAT online tournie! Naturally remember about 30 secs too late for the PLO too :@

Saved $20  ;D
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 23:27:16 PM »
4 Solent on FT. Thought we had won it, but 3 Newcastle there as well. Keep going guys.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 23:44:29 PM »

Saved $20  ;D

>:( :D
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 00:06:54 AM »
Yee-ha! Another great tournament for Solent. 4 on the FT - Andy Hall 3rd, Maggie Holt 4th, Leigh Efford 7th & Carl Lawton 8th. Second in the team competition as Newcastle came 1st, 2nd & 6th. I think its fair to say that Andy could have folded his way to 2nd place but he was in a position where that would still give the team win to Newcastle so he put the team first and went for win or bust.

Our second successive 2nd place and another 2 points means we are now TOP of the league. In fact it"s been 3 good tournaments as we were incredibly close in Week 1 also.

Right - on to Week 4 in great shape.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 00:08:49 AM »
I notice we score points in the matchdays I forget to play.

Statistically significant sample size I believe...maybe I should stay away!

Congrats guys :D
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

lizzimba

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 00:25:13 AM »
Seems a shame we didnt win this week, we were in a really strong position, just wrong cards at the wrong moment I guess. Still were top - so lets not moan too much!!

Well done Leigh on two FTs, I will get one soon!

EDIT - Oh and Benway! Theres two ways, the high way....OR THE BEEENNNNWAAAAYYYY!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 00:27:34 AM by lizzimba »

Raggie Maggie

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 23:42:46 PM »
Enjoyed playing in this and looking forward to playing in the future.  Great support on the FT  :)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 01:31:51 AM »

Enjoyed playing in this and looking forward to playing in the future.  Great support on the FT  :)

Well played Maggie, down to 2k early and fought back for 4th place. I didn"t mention that both Carl & Leigh have made successive FTs, showing it was no fluke. And well done to Hallstar, already a legend in other circles, who debuted by emulating Dave"s 3rd place in Week 1.

With 2 & 4 players on the FT in the last two weeks and 3 in the top 11 on Week 1, we have been a bit unlucky to be just edged out of the next position each time, finishing 4th, 2nd & 2nd when we thought we were going to win in both the last two weeks and looked like a minimum of 3rd the first week. Our performances have merited us having at least 6 points by now but that"s how it goes - we have 4 and are top of the league and our consistency suggests that we should score well most weeks and, indeed, pick up a couple of wins. A word of caution though is that 2 Newcastle players also made successive FTs in the last two games, so they are also going well.

There are several players (including myself) who have yet to score in the league. Please continue to play though. This league is all about getting numbers onto the FT and that is achieved by having enough starters. This is a winning team and there is plenty of opportunity for any player to win an entry to a big tournament by playing for us.