Author Topic: National League - Week 4  (Read 4818 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
National League - Week 4
« on: April 11, 2010, 20:08:50 PM »
Well, we might be a bit short tonight after Portsmouth"s heroics today in the FA Cup. I think some of our players are still missing in action. Just home from London myself with minutes to spare, though I wasn"t at the football. Those of us here will just have to keep the momentum going for this game until the others are back next time. I make it that we have seven, including two new players, Rob & Steve, lining out for us for the first time, so here"s to continuing the glory from earlier today!
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: National League - Week 4
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 20:27:40 PM »
Well, I"ve been Rio"d, so the team might soon be playing without me. Huge amounts in pre, my AA against his junk and of course he flops a straight. 700 left guys, so I"ll be make or break before long. Good luck to the rest of the team.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 00:38:42 AM »
Yeah Baby, we am da best! Our first win, following on from successive second places in the last two games. 11 points each for Dublin & us, both with 2 players on the FT, but as our highest finisher was above theirs, we get the 3 points.

A tough start for us, as a number of us got bad beats - I saw both Leigh (twice?) & Doug get outdrawn but I missed Andy"s significant hands. Rob was playing his first game for us and featured prominently before getting unlucky and going out 23rd, leaving just Steve & Maggie, but what a pair to leave. Steve, also in his first game, laid waste all around him, raising every hand and outdrawing merrily. Southampton players seem to have a certain devil-may-care style, his play being reminiscent of Dave H at his worst best.

Both Maggie & Steve made the final table, but that was far from the end of things. Two Dublin and two Birmingham players also there meant the points could still go anywhere. Ultimately Steve finished 7th and Maggie 2nd (losing to yet another horrible outdraw), so we take the 3 points and have extended our lead at the top. Successive FTs for Maggie - played 2, 1 x 4th place & 1 x 2nd place.

Our consistency is doing it for us - in the 4 games so far we have been 4th, 2nd, 2nd & 1st. Let"s keep it going for the next game!

Playing tonight:
Maggie Holt - RaggyMaggie, Steve Lacey - Steves007, Robert Droy - RobDroy, Leigh Efford - TPTKMav, Andy Heath - each it, Doug Winborn - SpongeDoug, John Murray - MintTrav
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 03:17:54 AM by MintTrav »

showdown

• Bronze Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 12:57:40 PM »
Another great team effort guys!

John I"m certain you"re going to go on the sickest run ever in this league.  Getting AA cracked by J9 so early is brutal.

Yeah it was twice for me being outdrawn, 66 vs AJ, J coming on the river.  And then when short-stacked that"s to the previous hand, got it all in pre with 33 when down to 1800 at 400/200, get called by AQ clubs, only for him to flop the flush.  Ah well, always next week :)  

Our team should be back to full strength numbers wise I reckon what with no Pompey game to act as a handicap!

Well done Steve and Mags, great showing.  Long may it continue

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 13:51:37 PM »

Getting AA cracked by J9 so early is brutal.

Well, I guess it was my own fault for slow-playing them - we only got 850 each in preflop (blinds 10/20). Gotta say I love how he plays though - it makes for such an entertaining game. He did exactly the same to his own team-mate shortly after, cracking his AA with junk despite big raises (and knocking him out) and the knockoutee then lambasted him from the sidelines for the remainder of the game and complained to their captain - lol. He then went from big chip-leader to out in a couple of hands trying to pull some other stunts. Don"t change your game Alan, I"m sure you"ll win something big one day (oops - too late).

Mayfair

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 15:17:03 PM »

Well done guys.

Hope to be back on the virtual felt for the next league game. Cant make the vic so do enjoy yourselves and win.

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 16:19:48 PM »

Getting AA cracked by J9 so early is brutal.

Well, I guess it was my own fault for slow-playing them...

Exactly, if you come back over the top PF, then I fold. And you were lucky the board paired on the end, I was going to put you all-in but I think you may have been able to find a fold.

He did exactly the same to his own team-mate shortly after, cracking his AA with junk despite big raises...

No big raises... I made it 263 (at 50/100) UTG+1, folded to him in SB and he just called... then bet out the pot (625) on a J-high flop.

Apparently I was supposed to interpret that as "a huge hand"??? (I obviously missed that part of the team talk!!). Strange, because when I pushed over the top, he didn"t give me credit for a "huge hand"... he called for all his chips with just ONE [over]PAIR. Why couldn"t I have had a set? I did have TPlk, a backdoor flush draw and a backdoor straight draw plus, plus 2 jacks and 3 sevens!!! How huge is that??  ;D

Again, a re-raise PF gets me to fold!

He then went from big chip-leader to out in a couple of hands trying to pull some other stunts.

He lost interest, after getting a text from his Cap"n asking him not to upset his team-mates!  >:(

Don"t change your game Alan, I"m sure you"ll win something big one day (oops - too late).

I enjoy poker the way I play it... it works for me.  8)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 16:34:41 PM by RioRodent »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2010, 16:56:43 PM »

I enjoy poker the way I play it... it works for me.  8)

It"s always fun to play against you Al  ;)                                      

showdown

• Bronze Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2010, 21:35:00 PM »
Pretty sure I watched the videos Rio posted about a 1st place not long ago for 34k or something?  Was very entertaining actually and loved the effort to get the hands posted on a replayer. 

So MagicAl is Rio, mental note :)

robd1973

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 17:30:06 PM »
Sorry I couldn"t get higher on Sunday. Was card dead for most of the tourney with not much opportunity to steal blinds.
Fun to watch Maggie weave her poker magic though.
Roll on the next game.

Raggie Maggie

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2010, 23:23:01 PM »
Have been away all week, so first chance I have had to comment.  Enjoyed Sunday game again, great support once more on final table.  Looking forward to the next game  :)