Author Topic: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.  (Read 50011 times)

jimienddtrx

• That is not the flop you are looking for...
APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.
« on: May 08, 2010, 15:46:05 PM »
I have noticed that the said APAT members only freeroll scheduled for this evening at 7pm on Betfair is full of non-apat members (alot of Russian and Eastern European players) and becoming more by the second. Obviously the password was too easy to find and has been leaked making a bit of a mockery of the freeroll. I myself was able to find the password on a Russian password site so obviously the gates are pretty much open to all and sundry now and would not be surprised if we end up with a few hundred or more non-eligible players playing tonight.
I have notified APAT via E:Mail about the said situation and hopefully they can act on this matter a.s.a.p. Either cancelling the freeroll and moving to another date (notifying us all individually by e:mail with the password next time) or adding a banner to the current freeroll page stating that ONLY APAT members will be eligible to win said prizes was my suggestion.

Your thoughts on this matter please?

Jefferson Vandike (APAT MEMBER).

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:40:23 AM by Paulie_D »

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: APAT FREEROLL on Betfair & non-apat members.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 16:02:14 PM »
The password is freely available on this site - anyone trying to log in to an APAT tournament would be referred here, and can come and find the password.  Just because the entrants are from Eastern Europe, doesn"t mean that they aren"t APAT memebers...... APAT isn"t exclusive to the UK!!

mary07

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 16:06:44 PM »
So if any European person cashes are they checked to see if they are APAT forum member?

I know for sure that some reg"ed aren"t.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 16:07:44 PM »

So if any European person cashes are they checked to see if they are APAT forum member?

Unless I"m mistaken, there is no rule that says a member of APAT has to post on the forum.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 16:10:25 PM »
APAT has 6,342 registered members on the forum maybe they are all members  ;D ;D ;D

Jon MW

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 16:18:46 PM »

Unless I"m mistaken, there is no rule that says a member of APAT has to post on the forum.

That as well

Basically anybody who plays in an APAT tournament is an APAT member.

The freeroll is for APAT members but if they play the freeroll they become members.

It would be better if the person who wins it actually plays the WCOAP, but I don"t think it"s a huge deal if they don"t.
Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - Razz 2007 Champion
2007 WSOP Razz 13/341

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 16:20:10 PM »
As I stated in another thread, the password is now public domain on the password trawling sites...  As the game was given a password to make it so APAT people play, it may as well not have a password now..
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 17:23:11 PM »
And before anyone else asks,

Yes it is capped at 750 runners

No, I can"t get that increased

Yes I am an APAT member, and no, I didn"t register in time

Yes, I am going for a lie down.

;D

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 17:42:57 PM »

I have noticed that the said APAT members only freeroll scheduled for this evening at 7pm on Betfair is full of non-apat members (alot of Russian and Eastern European players) and becoming more by the second. Obviously the password was too easy to find and has been leaked making a bit of a mockery of the freeroll. I myself was able to find the password on a Russian password site so obviously the gates are pretty much open to all and sundry now and would not be surprised if we end up with a few hundred or more non-eligible players playing tonight.
I have notified APAT via E:Mail about the said situation and hopefully they can act on this matter a.s.a.p. Either cancelling the freeroll and moving to another date (notifying us all individually by e:mail with the password next time) or adding a banner to the current freeroll page stating that ONLY APAT members will be eligible to win said prizes was my suggestion.

Your thoughts on this matter please?

Jefferson Vandike (APAT MEMBER).

I think one of them maybe mistook the Luton member page for this freeroll, as he / ( or she) registered their interest there!!...Or maybe our club has gone global!  ;D
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2010, 17:44:54 PM »

Yes I am an APAT member, and no, I didn"t register in time

Pity - oh well there are enough fish in it anyway  ::) ::) ::)

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2010, 17:51:16 PM »
Yep and its usually the fish that take you out LOLOL :-\ :-\

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2010, 18:18:37 PM »
firstly,,thanks to betfair for putting this on,,,secondly,,more the merrier,,i believe the prize is a wcoap token,,so would assume the winners will have to use this to play at dtd....job done !!!

sharky_uk

• Bronze Member
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 18:23:50 PM »

I am just looking at a massive influx of russian names into that freeroll..  Gotta be thinking someone has posted the password to another place and we are getting people entering a freeroll because they can... How many of them really gonna plan to go to Nottingham..!!!  If that is the case, really spoiling it a little for the genuine APATers..

Yes this is such a shame. Tournament is full now. Looks like I have missed out  >:(

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 18:24:02 PM »

firstly,,thanks to betfair for putting this on,,,secondly,,more the merrier,,i believe the prize is a wcoap token,,so would assume the winners will have to use this to play at dtd....job done !!!

Unfortunately not.

"WCOAP Side Event Freeroll

The top 20 players will receive $77.50, which coincidentally is enough to enter one of the side events at this seasons WCOAP."
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

daveyb147

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 18:36:14 PM »

Unfortunately not.

"WCOAP Side Event Freeroll

The top 20 players will receive $77.50, which coincidentally is enough to enter one of the side events at this seasons WCOAP."
Oh !!!  have i made that up lol,,,thought i saw wcoap token,,,did i see it on betfair ??? maybe im just talking rubbish,,,which is very likely lol,,,,if its not a token for wcoap,i agree with everyone else ok lolol