Author Topic: Round 6  (Read 5786 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Round 6
« on: May 09, 2010, 22:36:58 PM »
Stick in there Charles - probably need to win to get us anything though.

Me? rode my luck twice and came from behind early on..... only to run A2 into KQ on a A hi flop and lose, then lose the rest in next hand with QQ v AK.  

B"ham runs so good this season.

Ant1966

• Gold Member
Re: Round 6
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 23:25:18 PM »
VWP Charles, nice win.

i forgot to register,my bad
"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 23:30:14 PM »
cheers guys how many points do we get, will it save us from a relegation battle?

I did run pretty good, obv my  ad1 jh was going to dominate the  ah qd on the final :P

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 23:43:45 PM »

i forgot to register,my bad

ummmmmm gg skipper!!

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 13:58:04 PM »
Congrats on the win Charles, but as you can see, although winning we only recieve 1 point.

Perhaps next time you will not try to pinch my blind every revolution and we may have 2 on the final table next time

i.e It"s a team game

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 14:16:41 PM »

Congrats on the win Charles, but as you can see, although winning we only recieve 1 point.

Perhaps next time you will not try to pinch my blind every revolution and we may have 2 on the final table next time

i.e It"s a team game

Thing is Chris, you gotta realise that if your team-mate doesn"t steal your blind, someone else will..... isn"t it usually best to keep your chips within your own team?  Also, if one guy raises the blind of his team-mate, all others are likely to assume he has a monster and will get out of the way.

Just another angle....

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2010, 14:54:00 PM »

i.e It"s a team game

I understand, I really hope it wasn"t every orbit, not my usual style. Its a tricky one this team play as I was typically min raising when I had decent hand ( < AT, decent pairs etc.), my feeling was if you re-raised it signaled you had a good hand and I was defo letting go.

I guess we"d have a greater probability if we had more team runners (capt - tut tut).

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2010, 15:11:49 PM »
Well done on the win Charles.

It"s an interesting discussion as to how to play these team games.  As a neutral observer who has watched nearly all (okay, I"ve watched them all  ::) ), I"m still not sure what the best strategy is to win these.  All I do know is that you will nearly always need more than one player on the final table to get in the top two team places.

They are great tournaments to observe though.  Good Luck for the rest of the season guys.

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2010, 15:56:25 PM »

Well done on the win Charles.

It"s an interesting discussion as to how to play these team games.  As a neutral observer who has watched nearly all (okay, I"ve watched them all  ::) ), I"m still not sure what the best strategy is to win these.  All I do know is that you will nearly always need more than one player on the final table to get in the top two team places.

They are great tournaments to observe though.  Good Luck for the rest of the season guys.

NATIONAL MEDALS ????? MMMMMMM
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 15:36:12 PM »

i.e It"s a team game

Thing is Chris, you gotta realise that if your team-mate doesn"t steal your blind, someone else will..... isn"t it usually best to keep your chips within your own team?  Also, if one guy raises the blind of his team-mate, all others are likely to assume he has a monster and will get out of the way.

Just another angle....

I can see the logic in that, but, there is always a but, Charles was in the top 3 with chips at this part of the tournament, plus had raised 3 times from 4 revolutions!!

Do I stick them in, thus taking chips from a team mate or gently remind him that he is on the same team. A strategy I adopted.

The monster he revealed was in fact Ace -10 off suit, Charles normal ace rag or semi rag

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 20:09:53 PM »

i.e It"s a team game

Just another angle....

I can see the logic in that, but, there is always a but, Charles was in the top 3 with chips at this part of the tournament, plus had raised 3 times from 4 revolutions!!

Do I stick them in, thus taking chips from a team mate or gently remind him that he is on the same team. A strategy I adopted.

The monster he revealed was in fact Ace -10 off suit, Charles normal ace rag or semi rag

I maintain my point though - if he folds cos it"s your BB, someone else will nick it anyway (assuming the table isn"t full if limpers).