Author Topic: Season 4 League 1 Round 7  (Read 3343 times)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
Season 4 League 1 Round 7
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »
Matchday 7 tomorrow people - 8pm on Betfair Sunday 30th May.

Well we appear to be at the crossroads of our season. We had a poor turnout last time and failed to score any league points which has led to us dropping to fourth in the league and, crucially, out of the top 3 promotion spots.

I know it"s going to be tough to get a decent turnout this time too as the Blonde Bash is on at DTD and several of our players will probably be there enjoying themselves far too much!  :o

So, those of you that can, please, please, please get registered for tomorrow"s game and if there"s anyone you know who you can get to play for us as well, all the better. Let"s get back on track for Division 2!

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
Re: Season 4 League 1 Round 7
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 17:25:39 PM »
Hi all, less than 3 hours to go and we"ve only got 2 players registered for tonight"s game. We really, really need the bodies playing tonight to try to get some points and get us back on track for promotion.

Please play  :"(

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 20:01:18 PM »
Only managed to get 4 Notts players in this out of a total of 27. We really need to get at least two of those to the final table to score any points.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 20:07:42 PM »
Wow - out 2nd hand; managed to run AA into QQ & KK on a Q high flop. Me & KK man out and Waz, the Luton captain trebles up.

Come on Bainn, Smithsj1 & Shozboy - you"ve all got to get to the final table!

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 20:15:19 PM »
apologies!.. :-[

was ahead post flop!   ::)
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 21:19:23 PM »
No need to apologise Waz, you did nothing wrong and I thought you played it well - it was fairly obvious there were some big hands out and you were likely to get at least one call of your shove. One day I might be good enough to fold there but I doubt it and not sure I should anyway.

redsimon

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 22:00:59 PM »
Finally got connected 7.58pm but missed reg as closed as I pressed pay $10 button :(

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 23:02:29 PM »
Well we were well and truly decimated tonight!

Despite Luton having over half of the runners, Sunderland"s 4 players pulled off a real David & Goliath feat to steal the 3 pts for the win from under Luton"s noses. Absolutely amazing effort Sunderland and very well done.

Sunderland extend their lead over Luton at the top of the table to 4 points. Kent remain in 3rd with us now 2 points adrift of that coveted last promotion spot.

We really, really need to get the numbers in the last 3 games if we"re not going to blow this.