Author Topic: Match 9 - the aftermath  (Read 2186 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Match 9 - the aftermath
« on: June 28, 2010, 17:32:51 PM »
Well our fight is done, we are now settling for mediocre middle table status. It is disappointing not to be in the final shake up, but a big thank you to all the guys who turned up week after week slugging it out to try and win the league. Mike Rainsford added another 4 points to his individual total (16 now) TABLE HERE to increase his lead at the top of the Liverpool ladder. We started the campaign well but faltered as the numbers dwindled. This type of game really requires numbers to counteract the variance. We have only scored team points in 3 of the 9 weeks and that was never going to be good enough to challenge for the title.

However, I for one, will be playing next Sunday if only to rattle a few cages of the ones that can win this. Bristol, Cardiff & Walsall (who can only win if Bristol & Cardiff get no points and one of their team wins the game) are the only teams that can now win this league. It would not be fair if all the other teams did not play, if only to keep the other teams honest. I hope as many of you can join me for the last game in this series.

The new league starts on the 8th August and I am still mulling around with the Idea of a home game for the Liverpool players at my house on Friday/Saturday 6th/7th  or 13th /14th   August . I need to know if it is a viable idea so could you please PM me if you are thinking of attending and which day of the 4 is best for you.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 17:38:19 PM by duke3016 »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Match 9 - the aftermath
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 17:52:44 PM »
table is not updtaed on the website at the moment as I have no internet connection and am on 3G and the page won"t publish for some reason..  ???