Author Topic: APAT Irish Amateur Championship - Dublin  (Read 25928 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: APAT Irish Amateur Championship - Dublin
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 16:12:51 PM »

cheers for the replys guys.

what is the capacity for the tournament? surely its more than the 62 stated in the betfair lobby?

As I said, the numbers are on the low side...I THINK capacity is 100 but I"ll have to root around for definite numbers.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 16:51:35 PM »
Capacity is 150, as in prior years

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 16:53:06 PM »

Capacity is 150, as in prior years

Beat me too it...got distracted by work...pah!

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 17:04:52 PM »
Been checking with Betfair but I believe we set capacity online for starters at 100, 38 were sold prior to them migrating, showing 62 left in the new holding tank

that"s the reason for 62, the odd capacity figure

So 38+8=46 sold to date

I think.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 17:15:25 PM »
How do the numbers sold so far compare with say last year? Are we looking at a possible poor turnout or is this just "normal" at this stage? Will there be locals to fill the spare capacity?

I"m considering going but not if it"s looking like <100 runners.
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 17:22:36 PM »

How do the numbers sold so far compare with say last year? Are we looking at a possible poor turnout or is this just "normal" at this stage? Will there be locals to fill the spare capacity?

I"m considering going but not if it"s looking like <100 runners.

I haven"t been for a couple of years (Vegas usually gets in the way) but I believe that this has ALWAYS sold out...the locals will snap up any remaining seats if you don"t.

The structure is MILES better than anything they will generally see at the Fitz.

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 17:23:32 PM »
UK turnout to date is poor compared to last year. In the first three seasons we"ve always travelled across with 100+. However there is still time.

Local demand should be high (we usually have 20-30 alternates in Dublin, local players who leave it to the last minute) , always is to ensure that...

Will be over 100 runners, imo

UK turnout? there was a problem with the venue, that delayed "on sale"/caused confusion, then WCOAP before and Luton/Coventry coming up so perhaps people don"t feel the need to travel/spend this year with so many events around the Dublin one.

Unless anyone knows of any other reasons

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 17:46:34 PM »

I haven"t been for a couple of years (Vegas usually gets in the way) but I believe that this has ALWAYS sold out...the locals will snap up any remaining seats if you don"t.

don"t think it sold out last year.

UK turnout? there was a problem with the venue, that delayed "on sale"/caused confusion, then WCOAP before and Luton/Coventry coming up so perhaps people don"t feel the need to travel/spend this year with so many events around the Dublin one.

Think this has a significant bearing - it certainly does for me. Dublin is just so expensive for food and drink that it takes the trip beyond low stakes poker..... am looking forward to Barcelona, and reckon the weekend will be overall cheaper than Dublin.

That said though, the trip last year was excellent - the Dublinners are just the most fantastic bunch of people.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 18:09:02 PM »

don"t think it sold out last year.

Sorry...by "Sold Out" I meant" Ran with Max Runners"...not that they were all sold through APAT. I think that"s true...but I could be wrong.

I agree that Dublin CAN be expensive in terms of food & drink but it all depends on one"s...erm...tendencies. We"re not there for long and cheapish pub food can be found within easy walking distance of the Fitz. Of course, if you"re Ger, then your drinks bill is going to be mahoosive...and then there"s Laxie and the "extra"s to consider.

Finally, and believe me, whatever you spend you will make back playing cash in short order. The Fitz regulars have been ripped to pieces for 3 years running by the APAT crew...why do you think Tighty had so much hassle in locking them down?

I...me personally, made money there and I can"t play cash for toffee.  ;D

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 18:24:03 PM »

Think this has a significant bearing - it certainly does for me. Dublin is just so expensive for food and drink that it takes the trip beyond low stakes poker..... am looking forward to Barcelona, and reckon the weekend will be overall cheaper than Dublin.

That said though, the trip last year was excellent - the Dublinners are just the most fantastic bunch of people.

Cmon Steve, pull yer finger out..!!  There are 133 players on the ranking scoreboard.. :-)
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 18:25:01 PM »
Do APAT realise that there is a holding tank for the Pro event on the betfair client?
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 18:44:14 PM »
maybe the Dublin APAT is less popular because there are several other poker events in Dublin all within the same month, the UKIPT and short handed championships (which are in successive weeks).

Granted they are bigger buy ins but with all being in such a short timescale it could slightly affect numbers.

Also there has been quite alot of travelling involved with the APAT tour and the comps towards the end of the schedule are the ones that will suffer numbers wise as people use up holidays etc
Looking forward to making my first day 2

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 18:55:13 PM »

Do APAT realise that there is a holding tank for the Pro event on the betfair client?

thanks.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 16:24:37 PM »
We recommend that all players travelling to Dublin bring a passport with them. Irish and British citizens do not strictly require a passport to travel between the two countries - some form of identification is however required.

You will also need Photo ID to register at the Fitz

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2010, 16:18:11 PM »
When is the list of players going to be published?

Still not showing on Betfair. How hard can it be for them to resolve this?