Author Topic: Phase one complete  (Read 1962 times)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Phase one complete
« on: July 05, 2010, 14:07:28 PM »
Well the first part of the on-line league is complete and we finished fourth. We started the season well but tailed off. I have been banging on about it but I firmly believe that in order to win this league we must have consistent numbers. We had a hard core of players that turned up mostly every week and my thanks to them. If we are to challenge for the title in part 2 we really must keep consistency of numbers.

Weeks 1-3 we had 18, 16, 16
Weeks 8-10 we had 7,  7,  6

Congratulation to Andy K who's valiant 3rd last night propelled him to the top of the Liverpool table.

Andy Kingan 17
Mike Rainsford 16
Carl Lybert 9
Andrew Bailey 5
Gerard Smyth Jnr 4
Gerard Smyth 3
Steve Bayliff 3
Chris Kelly 3
Andrew Hawkins 2

Congratulations to Bristol who won the league and commiserations to South London, Leeds & Glasgow who were relegated. Next session we welcome Solent (Div 2 winners), Stockton-on-tees & Birmingham. It will be a tough league but we can win it if we have consistency of numbers.

The final day was exciting when Bristol finished 8 & 9 and had to chew their finger nails as the drama unfolded. 7 different teams were then represented and that meant they were fighting for position on their own. If Cardiff (rudders) could come 2nd they would win the league regardless of any other results, Manchester (Swinebag) had to come 2nd to avoid relegation, and Walsall (Thinker) could tie with Bristol at the top ,  if Cardiff failed to come second.and he got the three points.

It was a great final table to watch with the play going back and forth until Edinburgh went out in 7th followed by South London in 5th. Cardiff left the fray in 4th and then when the fly in the ointment, our very own Andy K went out in 3rd. It left Manchester & Walsall to fight it out, which effectively relegated South London at this point.

At this point Manchester were safe (Well done Rob) but the league was still in the balance. If Walsall won it would be a tie for the top I believe with players countback coming into the frame. But Manchester won through and Bristol were champions....

I look forward to the next round of matches and hope to see all who have registered interest at the tables so that we can have a decent shot at the title.

Ger