Author Topic: Online Poker Sites  (Read 4439 times)

H-Man81

• Silver Member
Online Poker Sites
« on: May 31, 2007, 15:50:07 PM »
Hey all,

Just wondering what everyone"s views are on the million (wait, I think another one"s just started up) the million and 1 online poker sites out there.  I nearly always play on Pokerstars (which is obviously great, wouldn"t want to bad mouth the sponsors ;-) but I was thinking about opening up another account for bit of variation. Any views?

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Online Poker Sites
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 16:21:48 PM »
For myself, I play on 3 sites although I have played many others.

PokerStars...natch.

Arguably the best interface/platform with the best variety of games/levels. I like the filter option especially.

Customer Service is 2nd to none in my opinion too!

Full Tilt

Coming on strong after PokerStar"s crown. Nice stable interface/platform and a good mix.
Their game/tourney filter is good but not as strong as Stars.

PKR

OK, I heard you all moan but, say what you like (I will in a minute) but, IMHO, it"s the future of online poker.

Sure, they"re only spreading two games (HE & Omaha). Omaha Hi/Lo disappeared more"s the pity.

With their latest software release, it"s less PC resource hungry than before and the new features are a blast.

PKR need to invest in adding more poker variations to attract the more serious players and some improved marketing/sponsorships wouldn"t hurt in getting the word out.

Still a long way to go to challenge the more established market players and Yes, it"s for the PlayStation generation but (or because of that).....it"s full of fish!

If you can"t make money there...you ARE doing something wrong!
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Divitts.

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 18:50:06 PM »
Not many sites left i`m not a member of  :D but the two i use now are Pokerstars and Pokerroom. Tried that PKR but it was too gimicky and slowed my PC down something rotten. Each to their own though. :)
Remember.....its just a game!!!!

TartanDevil

• www.timeforpoker.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 14:23:13 PM »
i use PKR also, i find its more for fun that anything serious .... the payouts are pretty rotten i think, they spread the prize fund over like 30 or 60 people sometimes. i prefer it if the payouts are more but not as many, if u know what i mean.
we are aflliliates for pkr on our own website www.timeforpoker.co.uk and we give rake back too :o)

i used to play on getminted but that has recently died to about 20 players lol so dont use that one anymore.

laura

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 15:52:04 PM »
As anybody tried the new software on Pacific Poker (888), I play on this site all the time but have not instilled the new software. Is it up to scratch? I like it as it is; it's easy on the eye

Any views     ???

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 23:09:14 PM »
am really not keen on pacific for the same reason a few other people ive spoken to dont, the software seems to disconnect way too often and throws away ur hands, downloaded the new software but still the same problem. Maybe its just certain computers it has a problem with? Easy games on pacific tho :D

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 09:44:35 AM »

As anybody tried the new software on Pacific Poker (888), I play on this site all the time but have not instilled the new software. Is it up to scratch? I like it as it is; it's easy on the eye

Any views     ???

I downloaded 888"s new software the other day, it seemed awful...I like 888, esepcially for the 75k and the 10k.. They also have some great cheap sats for the big live comps.... But the new software is not great,, I am looking on my PC"s for the old software to install again on my laptop...

"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 10:06:04 AM »
I like 888 as it is, can you keep the present version? Or when you download it, will it over ride it?

I play in the $75k if I can get in by a qualifier