Author Topic: Solent Club - New League - Division 1 - Tonight!  (Read 4929 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Solent Club - New League - Division 1 - Tonight!
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:09:33 AM »
Hi Guys

It"s a new season - and we are now in Div 1 after smashing up Div 2 last time.

The new league starts tonight - so let"s have a full turnout for a good start.

For winning Div 2, 4 of our players have received free seats in the APAT £250 entry tournament later this month. In Div 1 the prize is seats to a £1,000 entry GUKPT tournament and we definitely have the ability in our team to do it again.

8pm tonight, but register early in case of issues having to change username on the new Betfair software. Remember to join the right game  - we are in Div 1 now!

John
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: Solent Club - New League - Division 1 - Tonight!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 11:11:03 AM »
GL tonight John (and team)  - see you at the table  ;D

lizzimba

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 19:24:14 PM »
I"m in tonight with a slightly altered name "Leo9Justice" - but I"m ready for action.

Raggie Maggie

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 19:57:03 PM »
John can you post the name of our players on here so we know  whose in please?

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 20:01:14 PM »
It"s the Big Time!

We have 10 runners tonight in a field of 94, so about average.

Look out for our team and avoid getting into wars with them - this is good advice for our team members but also for the rest of the pack if they want to survive................

Playing tonight: -Hallstar, Addicted88, CHRISMN71, each_it, GoldnEagle8, Leo9Justice, MintTravX, RaggyMaggie, SpannaHands, TPTKMav.

EnglandBart

• Bronze Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 21:07:59 PM »
Gl everybody & many congrats to last seasons team, awesome job by everyone, in particular but by no means only Leigh E.

I will try to make a few of these events to help the Solent team as a whole, but can"t guarantee attending them all I"m afraid, due to the usual constraints of lack of funds, moderatoring duties etc.

I won"t be using the chat-box at all either due to... well let"s not go there again. Sorry if this causes any problems i.e. when up against a fellow Solent player, I"ll just try to play my normal game, hopefully not sucking out any club member in the process and who knows, may just bink a cash here and there for the team.

My thanks and respect to John, Dave H, Leigh E and people like furness, Debs & of course Duke-y boy for reviving my faith in the APAT comaraderie, team spirit and banter and for their understanding over what have been very difficult months.

Solent ftw  ;)

Bart
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 21:14:13 PM by EnglandBart »
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost"

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 21:21:40 PM »
At the first break in the first game in the Premier League we had 3 players down, On the other hand, a couple were flying high, so it depends on your point of view I suppose. Mags had AA busted and Hallstar lost with AQ v 77 on a Q7x flop. Both out, along with CHRISMN71, whose exit I missed.

Positions at the break: 4,7,8,18,44,45,65. Definitely holding our own so far and all still to play for.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 21:31:50 PM »

I will try to make a few of these events to help the Solent team as a whole, but can"t guarantee attending them all I"m afraid

Welcome back Bart.

If anyone can"t play all the games, don"t worry. Even if you can only play a couple, please do so - any points you might score for the team could be crucial at the end of the season.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 21:46:42 PM »
Good luck all, only just back from London so couldn"t play.

And good to have you back Bart :)
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 22:15:00 PM »
2 hours in, second break. "each it" is gone and, guess what, so am I - my consistent run continues in the league.

We have 5 of the 33 remaining and OMG, 3 of the top 6.

Remaining players - 3 SpannaHands, 4 GoldnEagle8, 6 Addicted88, 19 TPTKMav (FT guaranteed though) and, ahem, 33 Leo9Justice.

Remember guys - this league is all about how many players a team gets onto the FT.

lizzimba

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 22:42:36 PM »
That was the most brutal beat in ages!

It all went in on the flop.

7c 6c vs kh th

jc qc kc T -  js R -  kh

That was for a huge stack as well!

:-\

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 01:55:59 AM »
Solent marches on - our first match in Div 1 and we finished 3rd, mainly due to Mark Douglas (Addicted_88), playing his first Solent game, having just joined the team and APAT earlier today, who smashed the FT to win the tournament. We were one of only two teams to have 3 scoring players, which was crucial as the points scored by Dave Singleton (SpannaHands) and Leigh Efford (TPTKMav) were needed to secure 3rd place by a single point. Dave was also playing his first match for us.

We took a few beats deep into the tournament, just when things had looked really good, with GoldnEagle8 and Leo9Justice being particularly unlucky. SpannaHands also took heavy blows in quick succession to go from near the top to middle to out in no time. However, it came good at the end. Although he had most of the chips, Mark still had to win his HU or we would have had no team points.

We have shown that we can hold our own in this Division, particularly by having 3 players scoring. So well done team and well done Mark in particular.

showdown

• Bronze Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 15:01:42 PM »
I was a little gutted last night, managed to go first 45 minutes without playing a hand, and after 1.5 hours my best hand had been KQo.  Nursed it and got a valued double up not long after with 1010 vs 99.  Got my stack back to OK and then went out to  9c 8c, with my holding  ac ts.

Flop was  5c 7c tc

Turn  ah

River was a brick, no club, no ace, no 10.  He may have just had about the right price to call me pre-flop.  I had about 4.8k when I pushed and he had about 1300 invested in the pot from a MP raise.  He was also nursing about 18k when he called.

Hopefully my solitary point contributed to that 3rd place in it"s own right, although I think Mark may have helped a bit ;)

Addicted88

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 20:52:40 PM »
Awesome game! Thanks for all being welcoming guys! first game first win! hopefully many more to come!!

Onwards and upwards!

Mark.