Author Topic: Evoking a New Spirit  (Read 2397 times)

VBlue

• Silver Member
    • Northern Poker Stars
Evoking a New Spirit
« on: August 08, 2010, 11:49:00 AM »
Well, the Spartans cry did not do it for Carlisle last season, and I myself was guilty of missing the run-in of games.

So, I evoke the spirit of possibly our greatest leader, Churchill (oh, yes!): (amended and abridged)

I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves.

At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of Carlisle Poker Club -every man (and woman) of them. That is our will.

The whole of Cumbria, linked together in their cause and in their need, will fight to the death, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength.

We shall not flag or fail.

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight on betfair,
we shall fight on the tables and at the felt,
we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, whatever the cost may be,
we shall fight on the baize,
we shall fight in the chat box,
we shall fight on the forum pages,
we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this poker club or a large part of it were beaten then our remaining players, would carry on the struggle, until, in God"s good time, Carlisle Poker Club, with all its power and might, steps forth.

I"ll see you online at 8pm.  I"m having a curry with Roy Walker beforehand.