Author Topic: Duffs Full House  (Read 4487 times)

EnglandBart

• Bronze Member
Duffs Full House
« on: August 16, 2010, 13:28:01 PM »
Hey guys/girls,

Does anyone know what has happened to Duffs in Waterlooville?

I joined a few weeks ago (as part of my recovery from a long illness) and was loving their free league to gain live experience with a view to taking part in a few of their £15 & £20"s in a short while. Managing to get out of the house was a big achievement for me and I really want to keep that momentum going. 

The club was closed on Saturday when I went down there, have heard nothing by email and now the website suggests that it"s closed down? Anyone know if this is permanent? Was it me? lol am I just a jinx  ;D

If it is permanent, can anyone recommend a decent poker playing venue in the Portsmouth, Havant, Waterlooville, Fareham, (even Petersfield) area?

Thanks in advance,

Bart
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 13:33:56 PM by EnglandBart »
"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost"

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Duffs Full House
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 14:52:12 PM »
No surprise given the way attendances fell off.

Try Big Slick on Fratton Road (almost opposite ASDA) or Grosvenor in Gunwharf.

I can introduce you to a free pub league that plays in different venues every night, if you"re into that kind of thing.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 15:26:39 PM by MintTrav »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 15:41:11 PM »
From the website..dated a week ago!

WE ARE VERY SORRY TO HAVE TO ANNOUNCE THAT DUFFS FULL HOUSE IN WATERLOOVILLE HAS CEASED TO TRADE.WE ARE VERY SORRY FOR THIS SAD NEWS BUT BASINGSTOKE IS UNAFFECTED AND WILL CONTINUE AS USUAL. DUFFS FULL HOUSE IS NOW LOOKING FOR ANOTHER VENUE AND WILL HOPEFULLY ANNOUNCE DETAILS OF THIS VERY SHORTLY.

Hi all,

Been a very busy time here at Duffs and we are pleased to say we are now fully up and running at Duffs Basingstoke.

We are based in The Academy Snooker Centre and as well as satelittes to a massive Bahamas event we have now just launched live satelittes to The WSOPE 2010. Please take the time to look at our website www.duffscardroom.co.uk for all details.

We have loads of other good events running at both clubs so please pay us a visit and we look forward to seeing you soon

Duffs

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Raggie Maggie

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2010, 11:15:02 AM »
Also in the apology letter that Duffs sent members was this:
we shall be opening up another Poker room very shortly approximately 12 miles from Waterlooville within the next 3 weeks. The opening date will be Friday 10th September and we will be announcing all details of this very soon.