Author Topic: Return of the Cat  (Read 176119 times)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: The road to a title defence...
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 09:38:06 AM »
We shall look after him!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 09:18:12 AM »
Just got back from a wonderful weekend in leeds!!!

Wow, just wow. Some great music, great laughs and great company most importantly.

Camped with some friends of friends who are now friends of mine, all good banter, never stopped laughing.

On a side note, i am never going to drink again, it got utterly ridiculous at points. Absynth is no ones friend.

Highlights include :

Zebrahead - 9th time i have seen them, and this was the best set yet. Bass player also pointed us out in the crowd which was a nice touch!

A day to remember - Didnt player a "lighter" set as tehy were at leeds, it was actually heavier than the set they played at download.

NoFX - Just the most hilarious banter of all time.

Blink 182 - Was the band i wanted to see more than any other and they didnt dissapoint. An hour and a half of top rock music and cock jokes!!!

Guns N Roses - Expected Axl to spoil things, but apart from being 30 mins late onto stage, they were IMMENSE. The stage show was breathtakingand the sound was awesome. Axl still has a top top top voice, and they plaued all the classics which was good.

Now i am going to have a nmassive fry up and go to bed i think! Hope your all enjoying the worlds!!
England C Captain 2012

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 20:54:55 PM »
Playing at the pub! Not going. Too badly so far x
England C Captain 2012

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 21:19:23 PM »
Brian harland (erimus7) is apparently the biggest card rack ever!

I am 1k up after first 2 levels, playing ok feeling good!
England C Captain 2012

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 23:50:47 PM »
Well, it was only a 10 man £15 SNG at my local, but i WON!!!!

Dont believe how thoroughly pleased i am am with myself!!! Won £75.

Played alright, bit tight but got a bit of my game back and made a few moves, down to 3 handed it was VERY nitty and it took me a while to loosen up, but when i did i built myself up from 3rd to chip leader which was pleasing.

Always nice to get AA against A4 heads up mind you :D
England C Captain 2012

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 00:50:10 AM »
You are my hero  :o

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 16:42:06 PM »

Well, it was only a 10 man £15 SNG at my local, but i WON!!!!

Dont believe how thoroughly pleased i am am with myself!!! Won £75.

Played alright, bit tight but got a bit of my game back and made a few moves, down to 3 handed it was VERY nitty and it took me a while to loosen up, but when i did i built myself up from 3rd to chip leader which was pleasing.

Always nice to get AA against A4 heads up mind you :D

a bit nitty??

a BIT????

Never seen so many walks 4-handed - including the button folding when UTG (you you NIT) had folded and the BB had already looked at his cards and pushed them away only to get them back with the reminder of his position

Your KK vs my QQ helped too...
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 17:08:39 PM »

Just got back from a wonderful weekend in leeds!!!

Wow, just wow. Some great music, great laughs and great company most importantly.

Camped with some friends of friends who are now friends of mine, all good banter, never stopped laughing.

On a side note, i am never going to drink again, it got utterly ridiculous at points. Absynth is no ones friend.

Highlights include :

Zebrahead - 9th time i have seen them, and this was the best set yet. Bass player also pointed us out in the crowd which was a nice touch!

A day to remember - Didnt player a "lighter" set as tehy were at leeds, it was actually heavier than the set they played at download.

NoFX - Just the most hilarious banter of all time.

Blink 182 - Was the band i wanted to see more than any other and they didnt dissapoint. An hour and a half of top rock music and cock jokes!!!

Guns N Roses - Expected Axl to spoil things, but apart from being 30 mins late onto stage, they were IMMENSE. The stage show was breathtakingand the sound was awesome. Axl still has a top top top voice, and they plaued all the classics which was good.

Now i am going to have a nmassive fry up and go to bed i think! Hope your all enjoying the worlds!!

Yep, my lad got back in one piece and not too worse for wear! He said Blink 182 were awesome, and said the Mosh pit was great, whatever that is? Also he said Weezer were good, again????
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 11:49:27 AM »
In response to dave, i was basically in a position where one of the other stacks was going to blind the **** out of himself, i was by far the most active of the 3 of us (not hard i know) but i went from 3rd to 1st so must have done something right :)

If your going to get overly excited by QQ its your own fault IMO :p

MikeyW

Mosh pit = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jKU7gdxncE&feature=related well thats a wall of death into a mosh pit.

They arent as bad as thy look actually, people generally look after each other in there. I did it for years, find it all a bit of a hassle now really!

Weezer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL_WvOly7mY

Very good band! Were brilliant live.
England C Captain 2012

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 12:01:46 PM »
Never heard of this Moshing malarky before - just wasted 10 minutes of my life watching vids on YouTube. I"m so pleased to say that when I went to these gigs in the 80s, we would get the odd twat slam dancing, but thankfully the art of Moshing wasn"t yet discovered.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 12:56:50 PM »

Never heard of this Moshing malarky before - just wasted 10 minutes of my life watching vids on YouTube. I"m so pleased to say that when I went to these gigs in the 80s, we would get the odd twat slam dancing, but thankfully the art of Moshing wasn"t yet discovered.

Its definately an aquired taste, and like i say, i dont do it anymore, as the kisd now dont really get it. Back a few years ago there was a definate code to it all. You look after each other, make sure no one gets hurt, and if someone IS acting like a bit of a ****er they definately get put in their place quickly!
England C Captain 2012

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 01:12:39 AM »
Well! 2nd little sng of the week and 2nd win! played with 6 other mates at rileys in a little game we do every week and it was a brilliant night, top laugh all the way through and of course winning does help.

the TAG was combined with a little scullduggery which seemed to work ok, and i am actually begining to like poker again!

This was Mr TC"s first game after the worlds and he was apparently letting off a bit of steam. Or being a big old tompkyfish. Basically calling every preflop raise and seeing what happened.

Still as Ger says, your never worse than 50/50!!

Also, said respected APAT stalwart has confessed his love for Rusks as well. Something slightly worrying about that man sometimes!

All in all, a top night and takes the weeks winnings to £115 off £25 buy ins. That"ll do thanks!

Night all

x
England C Captain 2012

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 09:15:48 AM »

I caught Metallica"s gig in Manchester on their most recent tour, the mosh pit was just in front of where I was sat. To say that some of them had been nasally ingesting recreational pharmaceuticals is an understatement. Plenty of missing teeth and broken noses by the end of the gig.  :(
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »
WP last night fella. And you call me a fish for calling a raise made by aces with 2 3? haha.. good times, lucky sod.

I"m only slightly worrying?? actually to be fair.. rusks and a nice hot cuppa go down a treat. No replacement for hobnobs of course.

Anywho. Bacon sarnie time for me right about now. Good times.
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2010, 13:15:12 PM »

In response to dave, i was basically in a position where one of the other stacks was going to blind the **** out of himself, i was by far the most active of the 3 of us (not hard i know) but i went from 3rd to 1st so must have done something right :)

If your going to get overly excited by QQ its your own fault IMO :p

To be fair QQ is so far ahead of your PF raise range that any other move would be -EV
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019