Author Topic: Live Poker?  (Read 2975 times)

DarkDyson

Live Poker?
« on: August 22, 2010, 07:36:26 AM »
Hi South London,

I"ve fairly recently moved to Wimbledon and want to find a local regular live game, I know a couple of pubs do poker nights but I wanted to know if there is anywhere in the area which had games going on every night so I could pop down whenever i"ve got a free evening. I work in central London so sometimes I"ll go to the International (new Gutshot) but i"ve you go deep in a tourney it means getting a cab back at 1am which on a weekday is far from ideal.

Does anyone know somewhere local which has nightly games, cash or tourney"s with at least a couple of tables running each night? Perhaps a snooker club or small local poker club? Anywhere from around Clapham down to Morden or within 15mins of Wimbledon in any direction.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

DarkDyson

Ps - I might play online tonight but I HATE the new software that Betfair have chosen, On game is rubbish.

DarkDyson

Re: Live Poker?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 11:09:07 AM »
So, we"re in the South London team and nobody can help me find a live game in or close to Wimbledon, Tooting, Clapham, Balham?

Denis67

• Silver Member
Re: Live Poker?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:55:18 AM »
Was at poker in the park yesterday and one of the leaflets mentions a game in Morden, try www.theroyalsurrey.co.uk, no idea what it is like but tonight there is a £50 freezeout £1K guaranteed.  The website will probably give you the full tournament schedule.
Baldrick, we're in a very sticky situation, we're in the stickiest situation since stickty the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun