Author Topic: Online League - Team Tactics/Soft Play  (Read 13964 times)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: Online League - Team Tactics/Soft Play
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2010, 01:27:37 AM »

but I hope for a $10 league game no one has stooped that low.

ooops  ;D

EDIT: Joking

LOL ur a wee rascal

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2010, 01:29:48 AM »

but I hope for a $10 league game no one has stooped that low.

ooops  ;D

EDIT: Joking

LOL ur a wee rascal

How mant pints do I owe you? I am sure it was one of ur scallys that doubled me up :-)

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2010, 09:19:31 AM »

Last night in div 2

I raised  :as: qc only to be reraised and put me nearly all in  by my nottingham Team captain with  ah ks of course i called cos i am a fish and i spiked a queen to knock him out!!!  No collusion there!!!

Down to 10 players and on the points bubble.   Only 2 of us from Nottingham left.  We go to war against each other and both are all in.  No soft play or collusion from Nottingham thats for sure!!!

Nottingham.........................Have you moved your house?

Hands off - he"s mine!

Worcester hasnt got a team!!

Anyway my erstwhile compatriots of the worcestershire...it aint right facebook group wouldnt be too happy if I had teammates from the enemy county

http://www.facebook.com/pages/WorcestershireIt-aint-right/132223043459551

The AA route planner has given the following information

Bidford to Birmingham    26.0 miles travelling time- 0.44 mins

Bidford to Nottingham  74.1 miles  travelling time 1.38 hrs

I rest my case, unless you are getting appearance money

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2010, 09:24:43 AM »

If stuff is being typed in the chatbox while the hand is still in play by team-mates, then that is different. THAT is cheating.....and I would report those involved to Betfair and APAT and I would hope that if Betfair agree that it was going on, that APAT should ban them from playing.
 If they are naive enough to do something so obvious as that, they deserve everything they get.

Depends on what type of "stuff" really and that hasn"t been made clear in the ambiguous OP.
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2010, 11:19:03 AM »

One player announced , after folding, that he would have connected with the flop.

This...for what it"s worth...isn"t collusion (unless the team players were somehow sharing hand information which has not been suggested)...heck, it"s not even soft-play.

It"s purely bad etiquette to announce that you would have connected with the flop but then at least all players (reading the chatbox) have access to the same information.

As I mentioned before, I think OP mis-spoke and meant soft/team-play rather than collusion and I"ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »

One player announced , after folding, that he would have connected with the flop.

This...for what it"s worth...isn"t collusion (unless the team players were somehow sharing hand information which has not been suggested)...heck, it"s not even soft-play.

It"s purely bad etiquette to announce that you would have connected with the flop but then at least all players (reading the chatbox) have access to the same information.

As I mentioned before, I think OP mis-spoke and meant soft/team-play rather than collusion and I"ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I concur - very bad ettiquette
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

Geo

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2010, 20:53:41 PM »

LOL do you know I actually did it that way round to begin with but knew everyone would take the mick !!!

Hmmm now is that a dig at people of my nationality - where is the number of the race relations ombudsman  ;D

English ?  You were born in England according to information gleaned.

I have a son who was born in Germany and another born in Ireland, I can assure you they are both very much Scottish.

Many people work and live in another country and have children born there, doesn"t make them of that nationality.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 11:45:32 AM by Geo »

gerry5421

• Gold Member
    • Troon PC Tech
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2010, 21:02:21 PM »
agreed geo , i was born in germany ,brother in Northern ireland ,and we very much scottish .
Gerry
Glasgow Club Captain Div 2 Champions 2011
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=8298.0
APAT Scottish Online Championship 2010 Bronze