Author Topic: IS IT TOO LATE???  (Read 17082 times)

gnrforever22

IS IT TOO LATE???
« on: June 01, 2007, 15:09:54 PM »
Hey

I was on the reserve list and have just been told i can play..

I havent booked flights from Glasgow to Dublin
or accom or payed my buy in

what you guys think i should do????

Rich

Re: IS IT TOO LATE???
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 15:14:13 PM »
Get booking your flights !!

You still have time i"d think, i"m not even leavign for another 14 hours personally.. surely can get a hotel when you get there?

gnrforever22

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2007, 15:23:36 PM »

Get booking your flights !!

You still have time i"d think, i"m not even leavign for another 14 hours personally.. surely can get a hotel when you get there?

im not worried about accom. im worried that i might not have time to get from the airport to a hotel to the venue. the flight im looking at arrives at dublin at 1020am on Sat. what do i do????

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 15:28:46 PM »
That"s plenty of time to get to the card room.  Also, there"s no rule in Ireland that you have to be sat down for the first hand being dealt.  So if you are 30 minutes or so late - no big deal (pardon the pun). 

I"m just bringing hand luggage, so I don"t have to check anything into the hold, and plan to go straight to the card room tonight before the hostel I"m staying at.  I"m sure they"d allow you to put your luggage in the cloakroom (can anyone confirm this)?

If you are looking for cheap accommodation, the hostels look very good and are less expensive than many of the hotels I looked at.  We"re staying at the Jacobs Inn Plus - you can book online, just Google it if you"re interested.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

gnrforever22

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2007, 15:33:14 PM »

That"s plenty of time to get to the card room.  Also, there"s no rule in Ireland that you have to be sat down for the first hand being dealt.  So if you are 30 minutes or so late - no big deal (pardon the pun). 

I"m just bringing hand luggage, so I don"t have to check anything into the hold, and plan to go straight to the card room tonight before the hostel I"m staying at.  I"m sure they"d allow you to put your luggage in the cloakroom (can anyone confirm this)?

If you are looking for cheap accommodation, the hostels look very good and are less expensive than many of the hotels I looked at.  We"re staying at the Jacobs Inn Plus - you can book online, just Google it if you"re interested.

thats great thanks very much for your help. how do people plan to get from the airport to near the area of the venue?

Whats do you think the youngest player will be - in 23. going on my own aswell :-[

Rich

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2007, 15:58:37 PM »
Taxi from the airport (I think)... just remember its euro"s as I was only reminded of that last night  ::)

And i"m 21 and definatly wasnt the youngest there, so dont worry about thats everyones real friendly

Rich

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2007, 15:59:28 PM »
Taxi from the airport (I think)... just remember its euro"s as I was only reminded of that last night  ::)

And i"m 21 and definatly wasnt the youngest there, so dont worry about thats everyones real friendly

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2007, 16:04:43 PM »
There"s a dublin city bus from the airport which is cheap for a return ticket.We only arrive in dublin at 9 30 on saturday morning but you will have plenty time.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

gnrforever22

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2007, 19:25:08 PM »
ok thanks everyone

can anyone else name some places to stay.

also how many people normally go through to the Sunday

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 19:35:32 PM »
I don't know about where to stay but you can get an airbus for 10 euros which takes about 3o mins into Dublin city

I will be getting on the 9.10 from Leeds which gets to Dublin at 10

I don't know about Sunday since I have not got that far yet but I think its about 25-30

gnrforever22

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2007, 19:38:08 PM »

I don't know about where to stay but you can get an airbus for 10 euros which takes about 3o mins into Dublin city

I will be getting on the 9.10 from Leeds which gets to Dublin at 10

I don't know about Sunday since I have not got that far yet but I think its about 25-30

are you going on your own? have you got some place to stay?

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2007, 19:43:19 PM »
Yes I am traveling by my self

I have booked a room close to the card room unfortunately it's a single room

gnrforever22

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 19:45:45 PM »

Yes I am traveling by my self

I have booked a room close to the card room unfortunately it's a single room

can you tell me were you are staying?

do you have msn so i can ask you more questions. can you send me a pm if you do?

would be much appreciated if i could get the bus with you tomorrow. my flight arrives at 1015am

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2007, 20:04:33 PM »
Stopping at Stauntons on the green, St stephens green

If you want to meet at 10.15 / 10.30 let me know  

If you Google hotels in Dublin I am sure you will find some where but it can be a bit pricey you ideally need some were in Dublin1 or 2  

gnrforever22

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 20:12:53 PM »

Stopping at Stauntons on the green, St stephens green

If you want to meet at 10.15 / 10.30 let me know  

If you Google hotels in Dublin I am sure you will find some where but it can be a bit pricey you ideally need some were in Dublin1 or 2  

meeting would be great.
you mean your getting off at that stop? i might see if i can get somewere close to there or were your stay...sorry to tag along