Author Topic: IS IT TOO LATE???  (Read 17079 times)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: IS IT TOO LATE???
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 20:19:02 PM »
That's the name of the hotel

No problem, happy to help
I will be outside the airport at 10.30, I will have a baseball cap on with Hawaii on it

(I won't have a red coronation)      ???

gnrforever22

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 20:44:25 PM »
cool cheers man

is the distance beside the hotels the diastance to the venue?

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 20:55:35 PM »
It's about a 5 minute walk from the card room

Logging off now so I will see you in the morning

Did you book this hotel?

I am just around the corner  

gnrforever22

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 21:00:58 PM »
im gonna book at hotel in that area from the page you sent me

i will send you a private message with my mobile number flight arrives 1015

thanks again

FlyingPig73

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2007, 00:22:34 AM »
Its never too late... (Woooooo fell like i am singin Rick Astley Songs..)

Take your inspiration from Dan the Man Phillips.....

Got in the last minute, and some will say fished his way to the top spot..... Lol......

"You don't fail when you fall down. You fail when you fall down and don't get back up."

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2007, 20:34:26 PM »

Its never too late... (Woooooo fell like i am singin Rick Astley Songs..)

Take your inspiration from Dan the Man Phillips.....

Got in the last minute, and some will say fished his way to the top spot..... Lol......

Cheeky arris!!

I"d also point out Mark Donnelly to people who complain that they haven"t been able to get a seat in any of the tournaments.  I"ve always maintained that if you want to play in any of the live events you can.  Mark didn"t have a seat for Ireland.  So he travelled over without one, got to the card room early and got onto the reserve list for the day, and took up the inevitable places left empty by those dropping out.  Again, he showed that he"s rightfully at the top of the leader-board by reaching the points (and nearly reaching his 3rd final table).

Where there"s a will, there"s a way.  Lee Mulligan did the same in Scotland (not reaching the points - but turning up in the morning to get in on the day).

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 20:52:41 PM »
Shouldn"t really make this known as more and more people in future will be trying this. Me and the wife both travelled over to Dublin without a seat in the tourney, we arrived early put our names on the reserve list and managed to get in.

PLEASE KEEP THIS QUIET!
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 21:42:29 PM »
Shouldn"t really make this known as more and more people in future will be trying this. Me and the wife both travelled over to Dublin without a seat in the tourney, we arrived early put our names on the reserve list and managed to get in.

PLEASE KEEP THIS QUIET!

You shoulda whispered it LOL I think every1 heard you  :D
Mary Kivlin

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 21:47:37 PM »

PLEASE KEEP THIS QUIET!

Just to manage expectations at future events though.....there were those who did not manage to get into the tournament!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2007, 22:43:00 PM »

PLEASE KEEP THIS QUIET!

Just to manage expectations at future events though.....there were those who did not manage to get into the tournament!

They didn"t try hard enough.

;D

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2007, 22:46:40 PM »
Yes to be honest there were was quite a long reserve list and a lot of people were disappointed. We were very lucky on this occasion and I wouldn"t like to raise peoples hopes. We took a gamble and it paid off but we only just got in.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

gnrforever22

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 17:29:12 PM »
thanks for everyone trying to get me to go. had a great time and i hope many more to come in the future. was sitting at kinboshi table on the first day. thought it was a pretty hard table but over all happy with my performance

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 17:44:24 PM »

thanks for everyone trying to get me to go. had a great time and i hope many more to come in the future. was sitting at kinboshi table on the first day. thought it was a pretty hard table but over all happy with my performance

Who were you then?  I thought it was a pretty good table - decent play but good friendly banter.  Wouldn"t want it any other way (except maybe full of fish!!).

I thoroughly enjoyed playing on that table, only inches from the finishing line to get to the last 20 as well...never mind.  Roll on the next one!

gnrforever22

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 17:47:46 PM »

Who were you then?  I thought it was a pretty good table - decent play but good friendly banter.  Wouldn"t want it any other way (except maybe full of fish!!).

I thoroughly enjoyed playing on that table, only inches from the finishing line to get to the last 20 as well...never mind.  Roll on the next one!

i think i got knocked out at 84/85th i was the guy with the glasses. i had doubled up and just lost it.