Author Topic: APAT WCOAP Side Event Live Updates  (Read 115454 times)

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
Re: APAT WCOAP Side Event Live Updates
« Reply #495 on: August 31, 2010, 02:34:39 AM »
Stephen Wintersgill becomes the APAT WCOAP HORSE CHampion, defeating Jon Seal Heads Up

The end came in Razz,. Stephen with a 10 low, Jon needing a 7 or lower on his last card to double up, but he paired a 4 on his board

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #496 on: August 31, 2010, 02:36:20 AM »
Stephen Wintersgill is from Accrington, playing hsi first ever APAT Tournament

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
« Reply #497 on: August 31, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »
It"s over.

Goodnight!

MackemX

« Reply #498 on: August 31, 2010, 05:06:41 AM »
Just home now, a big thank you to all involved and very well played Jon, could"ve gone either way at the end.
Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.

stone

• Silver Member
« Reply #499 on: August 31, 2010, 09:09:10 AM »
Thanks to APAT and DTD, for the opportunity to play HORSE (badly in my case), it so good to escape the Holdem dominence of the Poker world and play the other games. From what I saw there was some very good and quite sophistocated play, long may these side events prosper (any chance of an "8 Game" tourney)?

duncthehat

• Silver Member
« Reply #500 on: August 31, 2010, 10:30:57 AM »
Well played Stephen, a pleasure competing with you

Dunc
WSOP 2014 Seniors 207th - A cash at last!
WSOP 2011 Horse just off a cash :(
WSOP 2012 Horse Crap.  Stud Hi Lo 3 off money :(
3 x Horse WCOAP Final Tables
1 x Razz WCOAP Final Table
Apat Series PLO Runner up 2011
3 x APAT NLH Top 10 Finishes

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #501 on: August 31, 2010, 14:53:12 PM »

You gotta stay anyway tighty for the next delivery of mince :)

LMAO ;D ;D
Team Cymru Captain Apat World Team champions 2010 + 2011

Zukertort

• Silver Member
« Reply #502 on: August 31, 2010, 15:23:56 PM »
Congratulations Stephen on a great performance. The whole event was played with a fantastic atmosphere, culminating in a topsy turvy final table, which anyone could have won! Many thanks to Apat, Betfair & DTD for supporting this crazy game and to all the players who made it so memorable.

See you all next year

Kevin    

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #503 on: August 31, 2010, 15:54:38 PM »
Congratulations Stephen, Jon and Mathew, and all ft"rs. This really was good fun and the banter was excellent. Sick to bubble the medals but hey fantastic, well played.

P.S. You owe me a plate of chips.... ;D ;D

MackemX

« Reply #504 on: August 31, 2010, 17:06:11 PM »
I"ll spot you a burger with all the trimmings next year ;-)
Final table was mental, and yes, could"ve gone to anyone of 6 for a long while.
Sign of how topsy turvy it was, even heads up I only scraped in with 1/4 of a pot in stud8 to stop in the damned thing, and we managed another half rotation of games after that.
Was good to hear Kevin"s hold"em mates not having a clue what we were actually doing too, added to the atmosphere.

Stevie, the fella who dealt the final table, also deserves a mention, he was excellent throughout and took all of the banter in the spirit it was given (strange fetish for only giving us two cards, but other than that...), so thanks Stevie, the other dealers and Kevin (TD) for keeping things going brilliantly.
Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #505 on: August 31, 2010, 17:11:08 PM »
have to say that the 6max tourney was the most enjoyable tournament i have played in ages. I didn"t stay in as long as i would have liked but enjoyed the action and banter whilst it lasted.
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #506 on: August 31, 2010, 17:12:07 PM »

Stevie, the fella who dealt the final table, also deserves a mention, he was excellent throughout and took all of the banter in the spirit it was given (strange fetish for only giving us two cards, but other than that...), so thanks Stevie, the other dealers and Kevin (TD) for keeping things going brilliantly.

+1

Cyntaf

• Platinum Member
« Reply #507 on: August 31, 2010, 18:45:10 PM »
Hearty congrats to two grand fellahs in Ian Thompson and Dai Llewellyn on their 1/2 in the Stud championships. Great result for two really nice guys(except when they"re calling you down)...hehe.

Heads up, really good tourney, Dave and Mike for gold/silver. Special mention for Warrenfrom South Wales in Bronze, nice one, keep em coming matey.

6max: Colin, Andy and Sam 1/2/3. tough comp i believe. Great result again Andy, yow is a steady eddie?

Omaha:Max, Craig and Paul for a 1/2/3, also Linda well done for 7th spot. Special mention for another Welsh F.T. Dylan Herbert 8th, VWP mate. c u soon.

Horse: Steph, Jon and Matty for 1/2/3, Kev in 4th great fun lads, oh and little old me in 4th.

WD Apat anothe r outstanding festival.