Author Topic: Any one know of any good poker weekends away?  (Read 5054 times)

Baldus New

• Silver Member
Any one know of any good poker weekends away?
« on: August 27, 2010, 11:54:30 AM »
Does anyone know of suitable venues for a group poker weekend away?

We have around 10 of us who are looking for a suitable weekend location, so that we can play several poker tourneys if possible, ideally one Saturday afternoon and evening and a Sunday afternoon one before returning home.

Not looking for massive buy ins or crapshoot rebuys but say a few £30 freezeouts or similar, with something else to do locally if any of us bust out early.

Any one know of any ideal locations or have any ideas we could explore?

Many thanks all,

Andrew

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Any one know of any good poker weekends away?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 11:56:54 AM »
DTD

LongshanksED

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 15:06:05 PM »
Dusk till Dawn has 2 tourneys on a Saturday

There"s a new poker club in London about 15 min walk from kingscross called fox poker club

http://www.foxpokerclub.com/

I"ve got a stag weekend in London end of September and am
Planning on taking a visit. Maybe not a good idea drunk though!

furnesspoker

• Silver Member
  • Furness Poker Den
    • UK Poker Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:28:13 AM »
Now having played there I would certainly say by far the best poker club is the DTD
Plenty of tables, action and tournaments, of course at the moment the WCOAP is going on, but looking at their regular games we will be making the 4 hour journey to come again, what is also great was the fact we got a hotel for £27.00 a night inc Full English Breakfast which is only a couple of miles from the poker room. Also if you fancy the night-life their is plenty going on in the city centre. If there are 10 of you, you MUST have next years festival on your calendars, these events are a must for anyone who wants value for money and tournaments of excellence

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 10:34:51 AM »

Level...right?
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Baldus New

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 19:37:36 PM »

Now having played there I would certainly say by far the best poker club is the DTD
Plenty of tables, action and tournaments, of course at the moment the WCOAP is going on, but looking at their regular games we will be making the 4 hour journey to come again, what is also great was the fact we got a hotel for £27.00 a night inc Full English Breakfast which is only a couple of miles from the poker room. Also if you fancy the night-life their is plenty going on in the city centre. If there are 10 of you, you MUST have next years festival on your calendars, these events are a must for anyone who wants value for money and tournaments of excellence

Which hotel was it in Nottingham?

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 21:28:04 PM »

Dusk till Dawn has 2 tourneys on a Saturday

There"s a new poker club in London about 15 min walk from kingscross called fox poker club

http://www.foxpokerclub.com/

I"ve got a stag weekend in London end of September and am
Planning on taking a visit. Maybe not a good idea drunk though!

Will it be open by then?
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

furnesspoker

• Silver Member
  • Furness Poker Den
    • UK Poker Forum
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 14:56:17 PM »

Which hotel was it in Nottingham?

Stayed at a place called The Fairhaven on Meadow Road, more of a guest house than hotel, cost about a tenner for a taxi to or from the cardroom

RioRodent

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • https://photos.app.goo.gl/VFDZrGk6jgyCUzRB2
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 15:52:27 PM »

We have around 10 of us who are looking for a suitable weekend location, so that we can play several poker tourneys if possible, ideally one Saturday afternoon and evening and a Sunday afternoon one before returning home.

Not looking for massive buy ins or crapshoot rebuys but say a few £30 freezeouts or similar, with something else to do locally if any of us bust out early.

Any one know of any ideal locations or have any ideas we could explore?

Many thanks all,

Andrew

Las Vegas, ldo!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 15:54:55 PM by RioRodent »
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.