Author Topic: Live Feed vs. Live updates - Discussion  (Read 17816 times)

Marty719

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
    • Facebook
Re: Live Feed vs. Live updates - Discussion
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 07:24:47 AM »
I like the idea of text updates (like a twitter type thing) where people can text in their own updates.
[ ] ECOAP 2012 Team Event Gold...

linziwan

• Silver Member
  • UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 13:17:47 PM »

I like the idea of text updates (like a twitter type thing) where people can text in their own updates.

Do you like bad beat stories then  ;D think we would be getting a lot of them  ;)
UK Ladies Open Poker Champion
APAT WCOAP Online Heads Up Champion 2011

furnesspoker

• Silver Member
  • Furness Poker Den
    • UK Poker Forum
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2010, 00:59:33 AM »
I think there have been some great ideas here, if people were to "text" "twitter" and whatever else to a communal address this would bulk out the updates and less leg work for running round and getting chip counts etc, in fact I would most certainly volunteer to help and co-ordinate with updates if I cannot make the tournaments as more often than not I am sat in front of the pc except when I sleep :)
One more suggestion, if you are going to do something along these lines, it would be useful to have some sort of "idiot card" on the tables with details of how people can send in their updates if they want to. Pointless offering all this if people dont know where to send to :)

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2010, 02:43:48 AM »

I think there have been some great ideas here, if people were to "text" "twitter" and whatever else to a communal address this would bulk out the updates and less leg work for running round and getting chip counts etc, in fact I would most certainly volunteer to help and co-ordinate with updates if I cannot make the tournaments as more often than not I am sat in front of the pc except when I sleep :)
One more suggestion, if you are going to do something along these lines, it would be useful to have some sort of "idiot card" on the tables with details of how people can send in their updates if they want to. Pointless offering all this if people dont know where to send to :)

So many people have phones that can browse the internet, that they can just add to the live updates themselves.  I know people already do that.
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2010, 06:53:48 AM »

So many people have phones that can browse the internet, that they can just add to the live updates themselves.  I know people already do that.

Except me, I have a tendency to delete live update threads from my phone ;) LOL
Mary Kivlin

HaworthBantam

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2010, 14:41:14 PM »

Mods banned from using this method of update, methinks... lol

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2010, 15:23:15 PM »
Text updates FTW
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2010, 17:10:10 PM »

Mods banned from using this method of update, methinks... lol

I had thought of a solution to that problem...create another a/c just xxMairxx-Phone lol
Mary Kivlin