Author Topic: Online national league ?  (Read 5772 times)

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
Re: Online national league ?
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 02:34:37 AM »

Separate boards for each Div

Why?

So we can have a more logical structure where it"s easier to debate/congratulate/commiserate/humiliate with other teams in the same Div. If I"m honest, I have no interest in what happens in the other Divisions and I"m sure they feel the same - I couldn"t tell you who won Div 1 last time. It would be nice to have a central discussion thread for each Div as well as the team boards. Geographical teams are fine but the Regions are meaningless.

Just to keep you updated John. Bristol won the last league  ;)
I have also been informed that you have been on a (successful it would seem) recruiting spree..war has been declared  8)

I also agree with previous comments, the regional divisions is pointless now and it would be much better to have us grouped by div 1, 2 or 3 so we can have some pre game banter :-)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 06:35:21 AM »

Separate boards for each Div

Why?

So we can have a more logical structure where it"s easier to debate/congratulate/commiserate/humiliate with other teams in the same Div. If I"m honest, I have no interest in what happens in the other Divisions and I"m sure they feel the same - I couldn"t tell you who won Div 1 last time. It would be nice to have a central discussion thread for each Div as well as the team boards. Geographical teams are fine but the Regions are meaningless.

Just to keep you updated John. Bristol won the last league  ;)
I have also been informed that you have been on a (successful it would seem) recruiting spree..war has been declared  8)

I also agree with previous comments, the regional divisions is pointless now and it would be much better to have us grouped by div 1, 2 or 3 so we can have some pre game banter :-)

Congratulations on your win Suzanne - I always thought you would do it. It really was a remarkable result how you held on for the win/came from behind to win narrowly/romped to victory by such a wide margin. You played a real captain"s role with the way you led by example/supported your team magnificently.
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

undisputed

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 15:09:41 PM »

Basically instead of North, South and Central you would like to see Div 1, 2 and 3.  Am I right?

Yes!

Sorry if i didn"t make myself clear... Yes... and yes ;-)

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 17:18:51 PM »
This suggestion has been discussed a few times before, and in my opinion, the benefits of the current setup still outweighs changing it to a divisional one.

We have three hard working regional controllers that look after a lot of the admin and questions surrounding the individual clubs.  They also happen to be located North, Central, and South.  More by luck than judgement.  When we went to the three divisions, we spoke about how we would split the work, the opinion was that the guys would rather stick with the local clubs they had been helping for the previous year, rather than new ones.

When new members are looking to join one of the clubs, by keeping the forum regionalised, means they head towards their "local" club, rather than just looking at the "Division One" clubs.

A lot of clubs and captains run their own threads each week.  No problem if players want a "general" thread for each division, but experience shows that it is not used that much.  One of the ideas from the league was to create a place on the forum where members can ask "local" questions about live poker, and maybe organise homegames and get togethers, e.g Luton Poker Club getting together for a Friday game prior to the English Champs, or Liverpool getting together around the Dukes, or Sunderland bringing 20 players down in a minibus to the WCOAP.  All these came about partly due to the league.

At the end of each league season, 12 of the 30 clubs will change division.  This change on the forum can only be done by an "Admin", of which there is only one.  This could result in any changes happening sooooooon.   ;)

Happy to look at it again, and we will be reviewing some of the clubs at the end of the season, to see if there are some more popular locations that might want to enter a team.

Going slightly off topic, but I"ve noticed that the league can get very serious at times, it was created as a fun, Sunday night game, with a good structure and some excellent added value, but most of all, it is supposed to be a fun and enjoyable game to play.  Maybe the added value makes it get too serious, but it would be nice to keep the balance of friendly competition, and a league where everyone is welcome and respects each other.  Just a thought.   ;D

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 18:52:35 PM »
+1 :D

travel_52

• Bronze Member
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2010, 21:22:51 PM »
i am in total agreement with Leigh.    The APAT team, with their limited resources, do an immense amount of work behind the scenes.  Without these resources we would be in the poker wilderness.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2010, 21:57:35 PM »

When new members are looking to join one of the clubs, by keeping the forum regionalised, means they head towards their "local" club, rather than just looking at the "Division One" clubs.

Very good point, and one I"d not thought of.

And agree with the off topic point aswell.  Generally the banter is excellent, and I had enjoyed it in Division 3 with Kent, Carlisle, Sunderland and Kent.  In Division 2, it is still great with Nottingham and Sunderland,, but defo noticed less "chat" during the 1st 3 matchdays in Div2 - which is a shame.
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2010, 00:40:01 AM »

Very good point, and one I"d not thought of.

And agree with the off topic point aswell.  Generally the banter is excellent, and I had enjoyed it in Division 3 with Kent, Carlisle, Sunderland and Kent.  In Division 2, it is still great with Nottingham and Sunderland,, but defo noticed less "chat" during the 1st 3 matchdays in Div2 - which is a shame.

Is this just because you can only chat on your own table, or the tourney lobby though?