Author Topic: A Winter Walkabout  (Read 20171 times)

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
Re: A Winter Walkabout
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2010, 13:09:57 PM »
North London Poker Club
APAT Caribbean Poker Club
APAT South African Poker Club

http://www.logieontour.co.uk

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2010, 14:30:10 PM »
Superb Don! Keep it up, this made me laugh lots ;D

p.s. Shame about the poor start to the tour, who are they kidding with the "deluxe"? those chips look awesome though
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2010, 16:58:58 PM »
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2010, 18:33:21 PM »
Great blog...are they big on Meatball Sammiches in Australia?  Is there a Subway near your hotel?  You couldn"t try one for me could you and report back?  I"d quite like to visit Australia one day, but it really depends on how they prepare meatballs.

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2010, 20:36:40 PM »
Well it"s 6:30am here, have had a reasonable sleep although I was awake about 5am, not a bad change over to the new hours.  The sun is out at the moment although some showers are forecast, toss could be the clincher with this one.

Off for some breakfast and to find the free transport to the Gabba.

COME ON ENGLAND !!
North London Poker Club

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 21:24:04 PM »

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2010, 12:20:24 PM »
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 12:28:27 PM by Logie66 »
North London Poker Club

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 12:50:03 PM »
North London Poker Club

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2010, 13:11:09 PM »
Brisbane Test Day One - Session 3

After a couple of blips and some solid partnership building the England fans were starting to get positive, Bell who had come of age in South Africa last winter was looking on great nick. He was continuing where he had left off due to injury in the summer.  If Cookie could slowly accumulate and support Bell as he picked and chose the right balls, we could be in for a good score and take a grip of the first day.

Then we got to the 66th over  :-\

This could be the defining moment in this Ashes series, from a fair boxing match that was probably being matched punc for punch, England suddenly and unexpectedly found themselves on the ropes as Siddle ripped through the batsmen and took the first ever hat-trick at the Gabba and I was there to see it !!

First Cook succumbed to a wider ball for the first time today, edging to Watson at first slip, then to a huge roar as he ran in beat Prior all ends up to what could be questioned as whether he was actually playing a shot, it certainly wasn"t a shot I"ve ever seen documented in the history of cricket.

As Broad stepped out to the wicket he was greated to a wall of noise, I"ve been in a few sporting venues in my life but I can honestly say the noise being generated as Siddle stood at the end of his run up was blood curdling.  The Gabba was a cauldron and it must have been difficult to comprehend what Broad was thinking as he stood there.  Siddle bowled a great hat-trick ball, straight, quick and pitched up, wrapping Broad on the foot as he tried to get his bat on it, the whole ground seemed to appeal as one, the Aussies anyway, and Aleem Dar raised his finger !!!

The ground was rocking, the Ausies were bouncing and shouting all over the place and they certainly let you know they have just taken the advantage. One of the most amazing sporting experiences I have experienced  !!

To be fair Bell did well to guide England to 260 all out, and after 5 lacklustre overs at the close England will need to pull their socks up and get back into this game.  One over has put England on the ropes, can we fight back ??

Tomorrow is another day............................
North London Poker Club

Logie66

• Gold Member
  • The Digicel Girls !
    • Logie On Tour Website
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2010, 13:12:45 PM »
P.S.

Apologies for lack of pictures, forgot to put SD card in camera this morning  :"(
North London Poker Club

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2010, 18:26:21 PM »
Ian Bell - very impressie

KP - Looked like he might be coing back, then messed up

Trott - Same as Kp

Cook - NEVER confident that he is gonna do well, decent enough knock, but still looks like he is struggling.

One good bowling display tore the heart out of the batting line up, hopefully one of our lads can find an early breakthrough and get us right back in it.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2010, 18:48:58 PM »
Nice day 1 report Don, todays events must have been fantastic live!

I"m still soooooooooooo jealous keep up the reporting and look forward to some decent pictures SD card permitting  ;).

No Sky where I"m staying R5SX FTW until Trott got out!!

Wake up to Bell charging down the wicket  :o playing and missing (Im still dreaming??)

Keep it real m8

See you soon

Ian

WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Indestructable

• Bronze Member
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2010, 21:19:24 PM »
Sounds a great trip, enjoy.  8)
Captain of the Hendon Mob Poker Team 2010

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2010, 23:04:05 PM »

The Marque Hotel

The Deluxe Club Sandwich

This afternoon I tried my first Club Sandwich in Australia, the menu quoted the option as the "Deluxe Club Sandwich" and I was hopeful that what I had ordered was going to be of high quality.

After waiting a short while my order arrived at my desk and on  initial looks, it seemed to be anything other than deluxe !!

The use of only two slices of bread raised eyebrows immediately, which were also very lightly toasted, still white which was a slight let down for starters.  The sandwich contained a nice fried egg and some tasty bacon, which were the most memorable part of the sandwich.  A fundamental lack of some decent chicken or turkey seriously let this sandwich down, which also included a shade too much guacamole sauce an obvious Aussie twist added, although it didn"t really work that well as it made one slice of the bread slightly soggy.

Highlight of the order had to be the chunky chips, very tasty with a slightly spicy coating. But the chips just highlighted what was wrong with the sandwich from a quality perspective. So a slightly disappointing first sandwich to review in Australia, not a place I would recommend for a great club sandwich, but certainly somewhere that delivers an adequate one.

So my rating out of ten is a mid range one:   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The search for an improvement will continue.

FFS I"m sat here about to go to bed, just finishing the last of a glass of scotch and sweeping the crumbs from the dairy milk wrapper..... and I saw this - bloody hungry again now!!

WarBwastardo

• Gold Member
  • I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges
    • La boca de la cueva
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 23:39:27 PM »

The Marque Hotel

The Deluxe Club Sandwich

This afternoon I tried my first Club Sandwich in Australia, the menu quoted the option as the "Deluxe Club Sandwich" and I was hopeful that what I had ordered was going to be of high quality.

After waiting a short while my order arrived at my desk and on  initial looks, it seemed to be anything other than deluxe !!

The use of only two slices of bread raised eyebrows immediately, which were also very lightly toasted, still white which was a slight let down for starters.  The sandwich contained a nice fried egg and some tasty bacon, which were the most memorable part of the sandwich.  A fundamental lack of some decent chicken or turkey seriously let this sandwich down, which also included a shade too much guacamole sauce an obvious Aussie twist added, although it didn"t really work that well as it made one slice of the bread slightly soggy.

Highlight of the order had to be the chunky chips, very tasty with a slightly spicy coating. But the chips just highlighted what was wrong with the sandwich from a quality perspective. So a slightly disappointing first sandwich to review in Australia, not a place I would recommend for a great club sandwich, but certainly somewhere that delivers an adequate one.

So my rating out of ten is a mid range one:   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The search for an improvement will continue.

FFS I"m sat here about to go to bed, just finishing the last of a glass of scotch milk and sweeping the crumbs from the dairy milk wrapper..... and I saw this - bloody hungry again now!!

FYP