Author Topic: A'' Team play'' ?  (Read 4045 times)

kristobalZ

A'' Team play'' ?
« on: September 19, 2010, 23:14:19 PM »
we had some issues recently about a team play, raising each others blinds and stuff like that and it would be interesting to see what we all think about it, in my opinion we should just play poker, play to win to get to the top 3 where the points ( and money) are and don"t look who we playing against. I had a situation like that today when I raised AJ from late position and another Leeds player went all-in, I called having odds much bigger the 2/1 and a stack healthy enough to loose a race. I lost it but he said that a fold would be nice as a team play ( I know you were joking Mikey and probably referring to the recent issues ) so what"s your opinion, should we pass on good hands/odds in order to keep our team mates in the game or should we just play poker and play to win?

Btw, Mikey took nearly all my chips a few hands later and I"m glad he didn"t fold - that way one of us had a  big stack and a chance to finish high instead of two of us sitting on 10 BB"s stacks and waiting for a hand to push.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: A'' Team play'' ?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 23:17:01 PM »
One player getting deep often does not score as well as two players making the points.

This is a team event - nothing wrong with avoiding confrontation with team mates... (I folded KK preflop tonight - turns out my team mate had AA, so actually quite a good move I guess, but was not the reason for my fold)

Team event has different dynamics to a normal MTT - just gotta adjust.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 23:21:02 PM »
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »
I think it is often tricky in team events, and I will some times lay a strong holding down to a team mate, but realistically if you get well stacked early on then you should be in a position to score some points for your team. I have no problem with a team mate playing aggressively against me and as Kristo says we tangled a couple of times last night. I used "em well mate came 3rd, and with Ianski309 coming 9th, we scored 2 points and are now top of the league! Go Leeds!
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 10:10:53 AM »
I"m saying no more on this topic, lest Rob Hewlitt beats my round the head with large wet fish!

kristobalZ

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 20:26:12 PM »
correct me if I"m wrong but isn"t it only top 3 scoring points?

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 20:27:22 PM »

correct me if I"m wrong but isn"t it only top 3 scoring points?

it"s a complex formula that Leigh has to work out on a spreadsheet  ;)

deanp27

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 13:34:46 PM »
i think playing "team poker" is totally pointless until we are (say) 5 places off the points and i just don"t get all the bleating when players are knocked out by team mates - my 2p
Looking forward to making my first day 2

Claw75

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 17:33:30 PM »
I"ve only played a few of the team events and this is something that hadn"t really crossed my mind until a few recent posts - rightly or wrongly, I"d be making the same plays regardless of whether my opponents in a hand were in my team or not - in fact unless someone says something or I know who they are personally I"d have no idea what team they were in.  Wouldn"t expect soft play in return either - it"s an individual MTT which we"ve all paid our own money to take part in and should be played as such imo.  The only exceptions I"d make to this, I think, would be deep in a tournament towards the end of the season where the amount of points won by the team in an event potentially affected promotion/relegation chances.