Author Topic: The Perils of Paulie - An Irregular Blog  (Read 187322 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: The Perils of Paulie - An Irregular Blog
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2012, 16:05:37 PM »
Fantastic Paul, must now join in pirate style on my own blog  ;D
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: January 24, 2012, 16:06:29 PM »
Great effort Paulie...scary...but great, lol.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #227 on: January 24, 2012, 16:19:55 PM »

Just changing things up a bit...I was getting a bit stale.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: January 24, 2012, 17:01:42 PM »

Just changing things up a bit...I was getting a bit stale.

Big fan!!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2012, 18:05:11 PM »
methinks tis superb, I await the morrow Sire, whence I may expand on mine own joust with The Ace of The River at The Hill of Burgess The Great  8)
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2012, 18:52:56 PM »
Made me giggle  ;D

Gutted to miss out on the fun... look forward to the next instalment...

Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Curlarge

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • I wish I was as good as someone better than me!
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2012, 23:01:44 PM »
My girth wobbleth with mirth :D

Having spent a luscious end of week on the southern shores of the land myself, in a place with buxom wenches, mead, kinfolk and lights that sparkleth so brightly, that a giant golden "M" was visible for miles around, merryment was had by many. Twas just a shame that Lord Brian of Martinshire did cock up my end of week, so badly, was his fishing!!!

Tis all.
APAT Season 6 statistics
APAT Live Events 8, Attended 8, Final Tables 0, Cashes 0, Ranking Points 0, Having a word with myself 1.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2012, 01:17:57 AM »

My girth wobbleth with mirth :D

Having spent a luscious end of week on the southern shores of the land myself, in a place with buxom wenches, mead, kinfolk and lights that sparkleth so brightly, that a giant golden "M" was visible for miles around, merryment was had by many. Twas just a shame that Lord Brian of Martinshire did cocke up my end of week, so badly, was his fishing!!!

Tis all.

FYP
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2012, 08:04:12 AM »
What exactly were you lot drinking this past week-end?  

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »

What exactly were you lot drinking this past week-end?  

No idea, but I reckon they should reduce the medication dosage.......

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
The Continuing Saga of Sir Paulie

On the afternoon preceding the joust, Sir Paulie gathered his travelling bag and leapt into the saddle of his black stallion, "Owdeeayfor" and drove the steed with a heavy hand along the great highways to the southern shores and the town of Bright on the Sea. Under the mighty charger's hooves the miles flew by and our hero arrived at his chosen lodgings in the early afternoon.

Being a frequent traveller and well known in many establishments across the land, Paulie was owed many favours and had used some of these to obtain lodgings at the "Inn of the Holiday" for a mere 80 gold pieces for his two night sojourn and was greeted warmly by the innkeeper.

Grateful for the continued trade, the innkeeper offered him an abatement on the price for stabling his stallion which was most unexpected and warmly received.

The innkeeper had also made luxurious accommodations available to the good knight, and once again, Sir Paulie was grateful that his custom was being recognised.

The lodgings were spacious and featured not only a much larger cot than was the norm but also seating areas both inside and out, the latter of which gained the advantage of a view of the coast and access to the sea air.

Sir Paulie didst enjoin an artist to capture these scenes on canvas and there art provided for your delectation.

After dropping his travel bag and setting up his writing station in his room, Paulie took "Owdeeayfor" to the stables and bid him rest. There would be no great need to trouble the beast for the period of the joust.

Once the animal had been settled, Paulie made his way into the heart of the Brighton and, in particular, the Inn of the Bright Helm which was one of many owned across the empire by the clan of the Weathered Spoon.

The journey was only a short one, perhaps one seventh of a league, but our hero was no longer young, and was, confessedly, carrying more avoirdupois than is generally considered healthy, and thus the walk didst take a toll on his aging joints but our hero soldiered on to the taproom where he had arranged to meet other companions.

Paulie knew from previous correspondence that he would not be joined in the evening's frivolities for a few hours and took advantage of the respite to fill his, it must be admitted, copious stomach with a feast of the finest meats available. Now, it must be said, amongst his many faults, that Paulie was no stranger to strong drink and this occasion was not one for abstinence but then, with our hero, there were few occasions for abstinence.

Fortunately, Paulie had brought his magic tablet which allowed him to read any scroll he had in his library and so was able to while away the hours preceding the arrival of his companions whilst supping on many a tankard of ale.

Betimes, the day fell into evening and Sir Paulie's companions didst arrive; first Lord Asa of McGrath and then Sir Laming of the Glenn. Whilst they were sharing stories of the travels, a small bird alighted to with a note clutched in its claws that Grant, Chief of the Speir Clan, [from the furthest reaches of the northern lands] had mislaid his crystal ball on dismounting his dragon and thus would be delayed. The note also gave warning that he suspected he was being trailed by a small, irritating, troll.

Once the company of fellows was fully assembled (including the troll who went under the name of DaveyPee) no lesser personage than the Lady Michelle de Gascoine didst come down from her ivory tower at the Queen's castle. She had been much delayed due to taking fullest advantage of the extensive luxuries available but was not above joining in the merriment and badinage so prevalent at such gatherings.

The evening didst wind its way far into the night and Sir Paulie and Lady Michelle gained much merriment in mocking the ladies of the evening who didst flaunt themselves amidst the melee of the alehouse but as the witching hour approached the company didst commence to fall by the wayside.

Mayhap they were fatigued from the travels or overcome by their excesses but one by one the company waned until only Sir Paulie, the Lady Michelle and the troll didst remain and in the fullness of time even Sir Paulie succumbed to the rigours of his advancing years and, one must also suppose, the enormity of his suppage.

Though the night was blacker than a pawnbroker's soul, Sir Paulie bid the Lady Michelle adieu and weaved his way through the thronging peasantry back to his solitary lodgings.

This day"s tale is told but, fear not gentle reader, there is story of the battle to come...mayhap on the morrow.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 13:16:25 PM by Paulie_D »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2012, 16:29:21 PM »
Must be something in the water darn south, but here in wildest Wales my colleagues were looking at me funny :)

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: January 25, 2012, 16:48:22 PM »
Loving the story... however...the photos look a little like stills taken from The Exorcist  :(
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #238 on: January 25, 2012, 17:16:45 PM »
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 17:19:03 PM by Paulie_D »

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #239 on: January 25, 2012, 17:25:19 PM »

Loving the story... however...the photos look a little like stills taken from The Exorcist  :(

LOL Phil just LOL - Paulie keeping in with the theme - PhilTC whooshed