Author Topic: APAT UK Team Championship - January 2011  (Read 109457 times)

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
Re: APAT UK Team Championship - January 2011
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2010, 02:10:07 AM »
Entries closed

The APAT forum team captain will be announced on Friday, in time for  you to speak to him or her at the weekend!

25 successful teams announced asap after the weekend

BULLDOG235

« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2010, 00:47:47 AM »
hope we get a place  :) :) woo hoo come on team voyage in poker

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2010, 10:08:28 AM »
Okay I may be blind but what are the starting times on the two days for the event?  Just wondering if I can get away with getting there on Saturday morning or should get there for Friday night....Thanks.

carey

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »
2.30pm each day

Careybear

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2010, 10:45:44 AM »

BOINGBLITZ

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2010, 12:16:12 PM »
Rodders.....on behalf of my team-mates at BCPC, could I request that you hang fire on your team selection until after December 12th please ?
We will announce our team on Dec 11th and it cannot be done before then as we play on Dec 10th.
Our team will be our top 8 ranked players and therefore some terrific poker players may miss out.
They will then, I am sure, wish to apply for the APAT team and as you had THREE BCPC members in the winning team last year, I am sure that you will agree, waiting may make sense for you here !
Hope you can do this for me.
Cheers and congrats again on being chosen as skipper (and remember to pick yourself...you deserve it mate)
LATVIAN O/L CHAMPION 2008.
WELSH O/L CHAMPION 2009
IRISH AMATEUR CHAMPION 2009, in memory of Bill Young
WELSH O/L PLO CHAMPION 2013
Bronze medalist 2009 & Captain 2010 ENGLAND team.
CAPTAIN 4-TIME O/L CHAMPS WALSALL / WEST MIDLANDS.
No.1 ranked Online 2009.
R-up Sth Euro O/L PLO 2010
3rd Pu

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »
Are you suggesting that the APAT Forum team should be made up of the players missing out on the BCPC team ?

I don"t think it"s fair to ask Steve to delay naming a team until the BCPC one has been selected.

If players want to play for APAT, then they can register their interest with Steve.  I"m sure he will be able to pick 4 or 5 superb teams from those interested if he was able to.

I"m not sure how fair it would be on those that have shown an interest in the APAT team, and don"t have any interest in any of the other teams.

Just thinking out loud here a bit.  Flame away.

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2010, 12:40:34 PM »
totally agree with Leigh, sorry Bri.

APAT team is one of the most prestigious teams in the event imo - selection is a privilege.... it certainly shouldn"t be a catch all for anyone who doesn"t make their own team
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 13:26:38 PM by AMRN »

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2010, 12:58:21 PM »

Are you suggesting that the APAT Forum team should be made up of the players missing out on the BCPC team ?

I don"t think it"s fair to ask Steve to delay naming a team until the BCPC one has been selected.

If players want to play for APAT, then they can register their interest with Steve.  I"m sure he will be able to pick 4 or 5 superb teams from those interested if he was able to.

I"m not sure how fair it would be on those that have shown an interest in the APAT team, and don"t have any interest in any of the other teams.

is this pic of any signifacace ala Luton van for Luton event ? pray tell/

Quiz question What is the most common owl in Britain ?
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2010, 13:44:15 PM »

It"s in honour of Deb Duncan, and I don"t know the answer to the quiz question ?  Please don"t let it be a cheesey one liner.   ;D

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2010, 14:49:41 PM »

It"s in honour of Deb Duncan, and I don"t know the answer to the quiz question ?  Please don"t let it be a cheesey one liner.   ;D
how is owl related  to debs?.. and its not cheesy have a go
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

ForthThistle

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2010, 15:25:18 PM »

Rodders.....on behalf of my team-mates at BCPC, could I request that you hang fire on your team selection until after December 12th please ?
We will announce our team on Dec 11th and it cannot be done before then as we play on Dec 10th.
Our team will be our top 8 ranked players and therefore some terrific poker players may miss out.
They will then, I am sure, wish to apply for the APAT team and as you had THREE BCPC members in the winning team last year, I am sure that you will agree, waiting may make sense for you here !
Cheers and congrats again on being chosen as skipper (and remember to pick yourself...you deserve it mate)

PMSL... Surely this is a wind up... Somebody else on your computer Brian.. :o :o :-[
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 15:31:39 PM by ForthThistle »
Current Southern European Online Champion.
Past Winning Captain - Scotland

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2010, 15:42:51 PM »

how is owl related  to debs?.. and its not cheesy have a go

You"ll have to ask her, and I"ll go for a Barn Owl.

PantsMan

• Gold Member
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2010, 16:05:39 PM »
Oh and it"s the Tawny Owl.

Or the Teet Owl.

And Debs thinks that when Leigh is playing poker and he stares someone down he looks like an owl.  :)

TheSnapper

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2010, 16:22:58 PM »

To summarise, can you hold on till we at BCPC know what cast offs we"ll hand down to your team.

Not your finest hour Brian, but reality is a very personal commodity.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 16:27:34 PM by TheSnapper »
"Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."