Author Topic: Vegas Vengeance - An APAT Adventure........AKA "You're Gonna Need a Bigger Bar"  (Read 325241 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 14:42:06 PM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
Well having never been and it being a "big" birthday next year for me (sigh) I was planning on doing Vegas anyways.. although November is a little after the birthday in March, if this was semi half organised I"d be 100% up for it and would celebrate my birthday alongside the wee man over there in November. Good times.
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
Well, I"ve just returned from a Winter sun holiday and yesterday - within hours of landing - was on OneTravel looking for flights and hotels in Vegas for either late June or early August 2011.

Having stayed at MGM twice now and having spoken to someone from LA last week, I will now consider staying off-strip, maybe near The Rio. If going in June, I"d like to play the Venetian DeepStacks as played and recommended by James "ThinkerJE" Edwards (Live commentator extraordinaire) so would be looking to maybe stay there too so that my wife, who likes to chill by the pool, isn"t far away.

Obviously if APAT release dates which would allow me to play an Event whilst there, that would be FANTASTIC!!!

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Like I said...this is more of a "nice to have" idea.

People have preferred times of the year in which they would like to go &/or are able to go so we"re not going to please everyone.

I"d kind of got in my head that this would be aimed at Vegas virgins rather than the more experienced travellers in that the APAT environment/ethos might prove more friendly than being thrown in at the deep end as a solo traveller but each to their own.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 15:25:58 PM by Paulie_D »

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Been 6 times now and planning on going at least once next year.

Would be happy to chip in my opinions on various matters having stayed in 7 different hotels, played poker in almost every poker room and ate in over 100 places (can"t call them all restaurants!)

In fact, I might even do a top 10 list for you all to disagree with.

Hope you get this going, but hope even more that there is an "official" APAT event there SOON!

kinboshi

• Platinum Member
Good thread, good idea, good god if Brian Martin goes.
"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

kinboshi

• Platinum Member

Like I said...this is more of a "nice to have" idea.

People have preferred times of the year in which they would like to go &/or are able to go so we"re not going to please everyone.

I"d kind of got in my head that this would be aimed at Vegas virgins rather than the more experienced travellers in that the APAT environment/ethos might prove more friendly than being thrown in at the deep end as a solo traveller but each to their own.

Good to have a mix, imo.  Virgins or those who"ve only been once or twice along with the more seasoned Vegas veterans.

The bigger the group the more "choice" people have about what to do, where and when.

"Running hurts up to a point and then it doesn't get any worse."  Ann Trason

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
On the dates front...there"s no reason why we couldn"t do more than one APAT Adventure if the groupings work out. It"s pretty much for everyone to do what they want to do.

For me...I"ll probably only make it once next year and November works for me...not that I"m imposing that date on anyone.

I"ll probably aim for a repeat of this year...a week or so on the Strip with a second off-strip (probably at the Orleans).

On the virgin mix thing, what I meant was that it might encourage the virgins to come along if they knew that there were some more experienced travellers along.

Hell, I"m going and I"ve been going for 20 years....I"m more of a Vegas Trollop! ;D
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 17:23:25 PM by Paulie_D »

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member

Good thread, good idea, good god if Brian Martin goes.

puts a whole new meaning on "strip club"

Laxie

• Platinum Member
Already told Ger to add my name to the wee man"s birthday trip in November.  Vegas virgin meself so it should be good fun and really looking forward to it.  Not to mention all the strip clubs I"ll be able to drag wee man to as he kicks and screams in protest.  Bring it on!  lol

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Very much up for this!

This is all
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Foggy

• Gold Member
I would love to pay a visit, as I am a virgin ( no responses pls)

How about running a few satellites to fund the visit as a APAT event?

If Boshi is playing it could be easy money

Ps Where you been hiding?

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
As has been mentioned the wee man is 21 on the 15th November 2011. This means it is beholden to me to continue his education with a visit to Vegas as his pressy. Chezger already have some degens signed up (last count was 8 with 6 being APAT members).

However if there was a popular vote for earlier in the year I would probably have to go to Vegas twice  ;D

PantsMan

• Gold Member
I"d certainly be interested. Sounds like a great plan.

Don"t mind when so long as the mrs can lounge by the pool while i play poker!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
Hmmmm, sounds like this may need moderating and updating.   I"ll check my diary.   ;D