Author Topic: Vegas Vengeance - An APAT Adventure........AKA "You're Gonna Need a Bigger Bar"  (Read 324846 times)

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
I might start a new blog - how do I get the missus to let me go to Vegas 3 times next year?

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
I"m going to vegas next year ,no dates set in stone.Only thing is November is a bit late for me.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

On the dates front...there"s no reason why we couldn"t do more than one APAT Adventure if the groupings work out. It"s pretty much for everyone to do what they want to do.

It might come down to a group doing June (or whatever) and another in November.

Nobody is forcing anyone to go when they don"t want. I guess I"m just saying...remember your APAT fraternity when considering going to Vegas.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 05:53:14 AM by Paulie_D »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
I suggest people post on here when they are going and where they are staying. Someone could then update a consolidated list (Paulie?).

Once it gets going others may alter their dates and locations in order to meet up with/avoid others.

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Went to vegas in "99, purely for the exprieance really..as the poker boom hadn"t really hit..and hadn"t hit me really until later.

But vowed to go again...and this kind of notice gives me plenty of time to save, book time off work, check hotels........heck to check with the missus!
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
As a (very old) VV (vegas virgin) I am excited by this idea.  8)
However as my plan is to qualify for the WSOP & subsequently FT I"ll be there anyway!  ::)
Wouldn"t mind a few railers though & the beers will def be on me  ;D
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Just to add fuel to the November fire, Joobs and I are planning to join Ger and Wee Ger and the rest of the motley crew at that time.

And we plan on getting married whilst out there.

And yes, you"re all invited. Assuming I can persuade Joobs not to have it on a fecking rollercoaster....
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy

I"m going to vegas next year ,no dates set in stone.Only thing is November is a bit late for me.

Oh come on Micky! I want to have a beer with you in Vegas!

I"m one of the Chezger November Nine Eight

PantsMan

• Gold Member

I might start a new blog - how do I get the missus to let me go to Vegas 3 times next year?

Shoes Stu, if in doubt buy her shoes!  :)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
November date sounds great to me. Lets do it and get a countdown going.

Duke/Ger jnr, can"t find the thread on the Chezger boards but when are you all planning to head out? Going out straight after an APAT event sounds awesome as we could fly out on the Monday but I want to be in Vegas for Ger Jr"s 21st to get him a pint. However he won"t want to be in Vegas before his 21st so are you basically flying over to get there on his 21st?

However if we flew out on a Monday it is just possible that Leight and Rich could get an event arranged the weekend before which would be immense (try and make it London??).

To be honest whatever if we are all heading to Vegas it can"t be bad, I am going to go and look at hotels !!!!

PS - No Ireland ???  NORRRR
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

I am going to go and look at hotels !!!!

No point yet although you"re all free to do you own research. I monitor more than a few Las Vegas Hotel Deals websites and I"ll be adding a Las Vegas Travel Tips and Deals thread shortly to incorporate my experiences and those of others.

In general, the hotel should be booked no more than 3 months before you go as the discounts and deals start to appear about that time.

For those thinking of heading out before 31.3.2011...here"s a discount link for the Harrahs Group of Hotels.

Also, a link to details of hotels with/without the Resort Fee rip-off.

PS - No Ireland ???  NORRRR

Steve, what I meant was that since I"m not doing a travel tip to Ireland the information might be reliable. I"m pretty sure we"ll be back in Ireland next year

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Oh...and it doesn"t have to be a London departure.

Virgin Atlantic is to fly twice-weekly from Manchester to Las Vegas starting in April 2011.

The service will commence on April 3, 2011, with twice-weekly flights departing on Thursdays and Sundays.

The route will be served with Boeing 747-400 aircraft, configured for 14 Upper Class suites, 58 premium economy seats and 379 economy seats. Virgin already serves Las Vegas with daily flights from London Gatwick

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member

Oh...and it doesn"t have to be a London departure.

Anything from the amazing Teesside "International" Airport (now stupidly called Durham Tees Valley) Paulie?

They started flying to Spain, then Dublin this year.. surely Vegas would be the next logical step  :P
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru

Anything from the amazing Teesside "International" Airport (now stupidly called Durham Tees Valley) Paulie?

They started flying to Spain, then Dublin this year.. surely Vegas would be the next logical step  :P

I don"t believe so mate. To the best of my knowledge, the only airlines that fly DIRECT to Las Vegas are Virgin and BA.Until April (as above) you are limited to a London departure point (Virgin from Gatwick and BA from Heathrow, I believe).

That"s not to say that flying direct is the only option just the quickest. Once I get the Las Vegas Travel Tips thread up I"ll include a few sites that will let you research flight options.

Of course, the LVTT thread will be based on my experiences but I hope that others will chime in with theirs and we can make it a "resource" of sorts for those who want to know.

If the weather continues down here like it did today, I could be "working from home" tomorrow and I can make a good start on it.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 16:22:51 PM by Paulie_D »

bear21

• Gold Member
  • Just Do It
This sounds a great idea, giving me plenty of time to save and persuade the missus LOL
anyway waiting to see all the updates and info for november when they come  ;)
sounds like a great time LOL ;D ;D