Author Topic: Glorious - an update  (Read 4484 times)

Glorious

• Silver Member
Glorious - an update
« on: November 30, 2010, 13:52:55 PM »
Hi folks,

apologies for the lack of contact, but the reason for this is quite simple: the poker bug has well and truly left me.

Since selling off OfficePoker earlier this year, my enthusiasm has waned to the point recently where I can"t bear to think about poker. I don"t want to play it, watch it, talk about it or hear about it.

I really can"t explain this - poker has been a huge part of my life since I started organising tournaments 5 years ago - perhaps since I"m no longer organising events my interest has gone. I do have other, new pursuits that I"m enjoying so that may also play a part.

I"ve spoken to Mair about this and she informed me she went through a period like this - perhaps I"ll be gripped by the bug again next year.

It obviously makes no sense for me to remain as Edinburgh captain so I"ll be stepping down from that role. Thanks to those who asked me to take it on in the first place.

I just want to wish everyone of you all the very best.

Good luck at the tables,
Neil.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Glorious - an update
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 17:18:33 PM »
Cheers for everything Neil, GL and don"t be a stranger
Mary Kivlin

lukybugur

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 18:16:27 PM »
Hope you continue to enjoy your other persuits Neil and as Mary says, don"t be a stranger.

ATB Mate

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 18:50:12 PM »
All the best with your new persuits Neil. It would be great to see you again at a future event if you do get the bug once more.

fraac

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 21:11:22 PM »
gl neil. ty for introducing me to live poker

smasher37

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 00:53:06 AM »
sorry to see you go neil who am i going to play the show one game with now but anyway gl hopefully see you soon  :) :)

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 12:26:29 PM »
It was a pleasure to meet and play against you at Nottingham. Best of luck Neil, come back soon !
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

ck1888

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 13:32:32 PM »
Looking forward to seeing you on UFC mate hope the training is coming along well. Or are you moving into the building business ?  Was buckled over when i seen the ladders out for the igloo. 

Sorry to see you go and am sure you will be back next year.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"

frankieb

• Regional Captain
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 14:27:26 PM »
Hi Neil,
Will miss you on Apat and the league games.Played against you in DTD at the world team championships.All the best and good luck in the future.(cormach, Ireland Team).

Honeybadg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 20:00:33 PM »
Enjoy the break from the game ...

I look forward to seeing you soar like a phoenix before swooping on Nottingham next year.

L