Author Topic: How did you choose your APAT forum name ???  (Read 13108 times)

Claw75

• Silver Member
Re: How did you choose your APAT forum name ???
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2010, 18:44:54 PM »

Got the knickname the fat cat when i was playing footy in goal for a five a side team.

I think it was ironic as i am blatently a finely tuned athletic machine.

And a lightweight.

Really?

I always assumed that as Top Cat was the leader of the Stockton Massiv that you all had feline nicknames and was expecting others to follow suit with names like "Stockton Rock Cat", "Baldie Cat" and "Always bitching and Moaning about getting outdrawn Cat"

we used to have four digit log in codes make up of our first initial and the first three letters of our surname.

I used to work for a company that had the same system for email. The company was FFwd so my email was jrou@ffwd.co.uk

Theresa Watson was NOT happy

True Story

:)  we had an S Cuming.  as if her surname wasn"t enough to encite a bit of ribbing....

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2010, 22:34:05 PM »
Ian is my first name, ski is the last three letters of my surname (and infinitely easier to pronounce), and 309 is a number which has held a huge personal significance for the past 30 years. I claim the prize for the most boring name  :D
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »
scouse = loves trackys and trainies !
marmite = love hate thing
3465 = last 4 of my army number

scouse3465

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
  • Holder of ten medals
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2010, 11:03:29 AM »

Long story, buts it funny how many people call me Bob!!!

It"s the story, we want to hear...

not sure why he couldnt but dave couldnt open account so got his mate to open account in his name who was called bob. And i would like to say bob kept giving dave money out of account but it was mainly the other way round ;)

mousebob

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2010, 15:21:09 PM »
Built like a mouse.
Play like a mouse.
Like cheese.
& my name"s.......Bob.
The harder I work,
The luckier I get.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2010, 16:13:04 PM »

Got the knickname the fat cat when i was playing footy in goal for a five a side team.

I think it was ironic as i am blatently a finely tuned athletic machine.

And a lightweight.

Really?

I always assumed that as Top Cat was the leader of the Stockton Massiv that you all had feline nicknames and was expecting others to follow suit with names like "Stockton Rock Cat", "Baldie Cat" and "Always bitching and Moaning about getting outdrawn Cat"

Giggle  :D
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

rudders

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2010, 16:13:30 PM »
Rudders is just so much easier than Rudling-smith which is my surname.

Khazi which is my screen name on many sites came about when I decided to depart from total rockdom and dabble with some occasional [mod: removed]ness. I opened a new account on the old tribecca (now ipoker), and proceded to bad beat my way through my friends and rivals without telling them it was me. Had a lot of fun, still have some of those friends and learnt a lot.  And yes I am still often accused of playing like a total s***house.

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2010, 16:33:10 PM »
Mines is a bowling term.The sport for old men that i play in the summer months.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2010, 14:11:29 PM »
Prepare to get bored........

My forum name comes in two parts, firstly "Thinsy" came from many years ago when I weighed about a third less than I do now. A bunch of us decided to do a 24 hours snooker/pool/darts event for charity at our local snooker club in the quaint little town of Holt in Norfolk and after a fair few drinks, a chinese takeaway, more drinks and many games of pool no-one could beat me... Along came the comment of "Who needs Minnosota Fats when we"ve got our very own Holt Thins". Over the years Holt Thins turned into Thinsy and stuck even though the bodily stature didn"t!!!

The 147 bit is a reference to snooker although I have not managed to have that break yet!!! (my highest is 136)  ;D
I wouldn"t normally use the 147 bit unless the nickname "Thinsy" has already been taken on a site... It has already been taken on here because when I was first registered on here by a friend (during the "clickfest" years) he used it but forgot to tell me and I registered with the 147 bit!!!

WAKE UP.......... I"VE FINISHED!!!!!  ::)
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

stoneii

• Bronze Member
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2010, 23:30:21 PM »
i used last part of my surname - johnstone for the stone - tried hard to think of as name that was sort of poker related and hard when gfaced like Laxie for a poker alias when joining a site - went for eyes and the whole thing was too long for this particular site so shortened it to ii

stoneii was born and has remained as dull ever since!!!! lol - but at apat games i drink like a fish to make up for it ;)

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2010, 07:59:47 AM »
My family and friends have always called me Mair, a short term for Mary, always seem to use xx before and after nicnames that way I get the name when registering for stuff.
Mary Kivlin

bigalhx3

• Gold Member
  • apat 7 card stud world champion & scott champ
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2010, 09:02:04 AM »

Rudders is just so much easier than Rudling-smith which is my surname.

Khazi which is my screen name on many sites came about when I decided to depart from total rockdom and dabble with some occasional [mod: removed]ness. I opened a new account on the old tribecca (now ipoker), and proceded to bad beat my way through my friends and rivals without telling them it was me. Had a lot of fun, still have some of those friends and learnt a lot.  And yes I am still often accused of playing like a total s***house.

oh is nothing to do with being a fish then you learn something new every day  ;D

http://www.gma.org/fogm/Seriola_zonata.htm
http://www.websters-online-dictionary.org/Welsh/pysgodyn+du
http://www.picsearch.com/pictures/animals/fish/fish%20po-sal/rudderfish.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:16:16 AM by bigalhx3 »