Author Topic: Irish APAT - Great weekend  (Read 6344 times)

JayCbee

• Bronze Member
Irish APAT - Great weekend
« on: June 04, 2007, 16:24:27 PM »
Hi everyone - Big thanks to APAT for the event this weekend.  Once again I thoroughly enjoyed myself even with the early exit.  Hello to everyone I met and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as me.  Congratulations to the winner and roll on the next one!.

My mate Gerry Smyth went out in 35th with QQ against K10.   UL Gerry.  A double up there would have pushed him to 36k and back in the hunt.

P.s.  - Own trumpet blowing here!  Well - why not.  To my great suprise I won the Omaha / Hold Em event on Saturday evening so the weekend was made even more enjoyable!!  Hi to everyone I played against in that tourney too as other APAT players had enrolled too.   I really enjoyed the switching poker formats and we had a great game. 

See you all soon.

MAIR

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Irish APAT - Great weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 18:59:35 PM »
I have to say too a big THANK YOU to Tikay, Des, Richard and all the APAT staff for a great and enjoyable weekend, organisation was perfect and I had a blast.  Also have to say how outstanding the staff were at the Fitz, one guy in particular (didnt catch his name) but he pretty much organised all the tourney stuff and I dont think he slept, 1st class job by him all the way.

Looking forward to meeting you all again at the next one, such a great bunch of people and a pleasure to meet you.

Cheers

Mary Martin
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 20:00:47 PM by xxMAIRxx »
Mary Kivlin

Dewi_cool

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 19:54:03 PM »
Must agree, great work from Des,Tikay and Rich, and all the staff at the fitz, all the regulars too gave a great warm welcome.

Good to see old and new  8)
Ex Captain Team 'Cymru'

ThinkerJE

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Member
  • To be the man you have to beat the man
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 20:00:52 PM »
Top weekend, had a brilliant time.  Good to see everyone, can"t wait till the next event.

Bodddders

• Gold Member
  • WCOAP Razz Champion 2008
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 20:45:40 PM »
Just like to add mine and the wifes thanks for a fantastic weekend.

There are so many names I could mention but I"m bound to miss one out and upset someone, so to everyone involved a BIG THANK YOU.

Also a word of warning to any young and unsuspecting Apat members out there.
If you get invited to play in a Sit "N" Go on a Friday before the event with Tikay, Richard, Colchester Kev, Brendan, Lee Mulligan, Jane, Ben and Aisling and many others (sorry cant remember all your names). BEWARE, it maybe called Poker but not as we know it. This was the most enjoyable few hours of Poker I think I have ever played (sober), Richards dealing and making up rules as we went along was classic. Hope to be lucky enough to play in one of these again one day.
Thanks again.
aka - Honeycroft on Blue Sq.
On-Line National Poker League - South London Team Captain

jacklevel06

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 20:48:18 PM »
Great event as always great to meet every one again.The apat guys were running hot in  the side event dewi chopped on friday,jay cleans up in the omaha and at 4.30 on monday morning we chopped the money 3 handed in the 40 euro one re-buy one add on.Bet the locals are glad to see the back of us.
Mug punter on the horses since 1981

TightEnd

• Platinum Member
  • If Carlsberg did live updates, I'd be a lager
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 23:02:26 PM »

Also a word of warning to any young and unsuspecting Apat members out there.
If you get invited to play in a Sit "N" Go on a Friday before the event with Tikay, Richard, Colchester Kev, Brendan, Lee Mulligan, Jane, Ben and Aisling and many others (sorry cant remember all your names). BEWARE, it maybe called Poker but not as we know it. This was the most enjoyable few hours of Poker I think I have ever played (sober), Richards dealing and making up rules as we went along was classic. Hope to be lucky enough to play in one of these again one day.
Thanks again.

nonsense, it was dull and boring

Still a 13 man 5 Euro Freezeout SNG making Euro 350 in prize money, lol. Not bad!

Rich

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 23:09:38 PM »
Huge thanks to Des, Tony and Rich once again, and the fitz. Was a great weekend, great tournament and loads of buffet food and gambling to be had!

Hope I can make it to the world event !

APAT

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT Poker Association & Tour
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 23:15:48 PM »
Thanks all...glad you enjoyed Dublin.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 20:25:45 PM »
Just like to add my thanks to the APAT guys from me (Jack) and Petch (FrankyWortho) absolutely fantastic weekend. Great to put more names to faces and indeed to put more faces to names! Met Dewi, MickeyP, NewportLad and Foggy for the first time - all top blokes. Doc Farrell was a pleasure to share a table with and even offered us a lift to the airport on Sunday night - thanks!

Could have been even more memorable if Steve Lacey (Steveinhants) hadn"t knocked me out in 22nd (despite the fact Tighty said I"d made it through to the last 20 and day 2!) - he also crippled me in Newcastle. I could get quite annoyed if it wasn"t for the fact he"s such a lovely bloke.

Oh and Des - thanks for giving me the medal - twice! A thing of beauty and I"m sure a joy for ever.

Bring on the next one!

Shogun112

• No Mail
  • Gold Member
  • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
    • www.rooms-direct.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 23:57:59 PM »
Yes, agree with everyone, the weekend was a good weekend out even though I went out 5 mins before dinner on the saturday..!!

The following trip to the bar around the corner found loads of APAT players and an enjoyable moan about losing, LOL...

Look forward to next one..!!

Cheers

Carl..
www.rooms-direct.co.uk if you want some discount email me and tell me you are from APAT.