Author Topic: National League - Week 9  (Read 12136 times)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: National League - Week 9
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2010, 23:44:30 PM »

Sorry guys, no points from me. Annoyed with myself cos I should have contributed some from the position I was in. Could blame the player who made two idiotic calls against me and got lucky twice but I should have been able to hold on to my chips anyway.

sorry john but don"t think either call was idiotic.

Hand 1: I called your min raise in the BB (If I remember right) with 44, then check raised your c-bet.... on a Q23 board... you called my c/r with 88 (odd call - shove or fold here is best?). I got lucky with the 4 on the turn, and then you called my river value bet with 88 on a Q2343 board.

Hand 2: I"m chip leader and in the BB with 79s... and you shove from MP with AK for 6xBB - pretty standard call for another 5x with enough chips to spare imo. I won the 40/60.

Think you misplayed the first hand - I think calling me idiotic is a bit harsh... I didn"t make any mistakes in the hand.  Second hand played itself to some extent.

Hand 1: Nothing odd about the flop call. You are representing a very strong hand and I don"t really want to go broke here. On the other hand, I very strongly suspect (correctly) that you are making one of your bluff raises. I don"t want to turn it into a huge hand. You may like to play gamble hands - reraising to 1500 on the flop means you have put over 2000 chips in with junk. You would have been saying goodbye to them if you didn"t suck out. Who misplayed the hand? BTW, the raise pre was from 250 to 600.

Hand 2:
Open-shoved with AJs for 10-11 BB. You called cos 79 is Todd"s favourite hand.

Hand 1: I wasn"t playing the value of my hand when I check raised - I was making a play knowing that you would c-bet that flop 100% of the time, and often without necessarily having the goods. I also figured that a raise here could make you fold a number of hands that had me beat, including underpairs to the Q.  My c/r bet was sized specifically to rep a big hand, but also to allow me to fold if you shoved.  Yes I got lucky when you called and I turned a set, but if you were so confident that I had rags (which I effectively did), then a rr there wins you the hand (and it would have done).

Hand 2: Just looked back at the HH - Blinds 150/300 - you"re shove was 2130 with ATcc (I may not have the best maths, but I make that 7x, not 10x/11x - perhaps my calculator is bust? - clearly I would have folded to 10x/11x). So, I have to call 1830 to win 2820 - I need around 39% to make the call.... and against most of your shoving range, 79s is going to be 40%. With 14k behind, it was a simple straightforward call.  The bit about calling cos it was Tod"s face hand was a joke for Tod - it"s the hand I beat him with at Walsall and again in a live game since - he hates it when I have 79cc - the only reason for me commenting in the box). The odds for the call were perfectly fine imo.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 00:25:29 AM »
We win!!!!!!!!

Incredible game. We were always strongly represented with several players near the top.

We did our usual batch of near-misses, with 3 going out in the last 6 before the points. That left us with 4 scoring players. Dave Howard (T6isbest) has been missed but came back for our critical game and scored in 15th. Gary Hulks (Pepper3000) played really well to take 11th, which was enough to sew it up for us with 2 players going to the FT.

The dynamic duo, husband & wife Claire & Kev Stanswood both made the FT and creamed the rest of the country, Kev (spartaN735) eventually finishing 6th. Claire is currently HU, but it"s against Ant and she"s marmalising him.

A great night for Solent, against the odds at the start. We can still win this thing!

5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

Ant1966

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2010, 01:01:49 AM »

Currently HU, but it"s against Ant and she"s marmalising him.

I was well and truly marmalised.......
"That's when you know your'e running bad,when Ant one outers you on the river". Brendan Byrne-Dublin 2010.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 01:08:07 AM »
And they"ve only just finished now (check the posting times).

A great HU battle between Claire & Ant. It has to be said that they were all-in twice with her pair against his straight-draw, once for his life early on and once for hers at the end, and the straight came both times. That apart, in fairness, we watched half-an-hour of very good HU play from both and either could have won deservedly. 2nd for Claire, wd Ant (lucky bugger). KQ is the nuts for him - cracking AA earlier (AIPF) and completing a straight on the final hand.

So we are still alive going into the final game. Starting tonight we were 5 points behind with 6 to play for. We had to win and ensure Walsall scored zip, which is exactly what happened. 2 points behind now - a repeat of tonight will do it for us.

Well played everyone, including those who didn"t hit the podium tonight. We"re gonna do it!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 02:57:00 AM »
Okay Steve, sorry for criticising your play. When you get outdrawn twice to go from 3rd to out in a couple of hands, you tend to blame the opponent. The league points mean a lot to us and I finished just outside the points when it looked like I would score high, so I was a bit cheesed-off at the time. I realise that high risk - high reward play is your thing and you were freerolling tonight so far as team points go, so it"s fair enough. I had a possibility of collecting a decent amount of chips both times, but I got unlucky. Like that never happens.

AJDUK

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 03:33:55 AM »

Okay Steve, sorry for criticising your play. When you get outdrawn twice to go from 3rd to out in a couple of hands, you tend to blame the opponent. The league points mean a lot to us and I finished just outside the points when it looked like I would score high, so I was a bit cheesed-off at the time. I realise that high risk - high reward play is your thing and you were freerolling tonight so far as team points go, so it"s fair enough. I had a possibility of collecting a decent amount of chips both times, but I got unlucky. Like that never happens.

OK Steve - you"re good, but how did you manage to hack in to John"s APAT account?
England Captain WCOAP 2014 - Come on England!!!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2010, 11:08:46 AM »

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT