Author Topic: National League - Week 10  (Read 16030 times)

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
National League - Week 10
« on: December 20, 2010, 22:30:47 PM »
It"s going to be a cracker.

We did the impossible last night but now we need to do it all over again. We are halfway to overturning Walsall"s five-point lead. Going into the final game we are still two points behind so we need another win and another crash for Walsall. However it is very much on the cards that this is exactly what will happen. We have the momentum and I can guarantee that we will have a cracking turnout for the last game. Above all, we have a united team who support each other. On the other hand, it is clear that the Walsall side is in disarray, with in-fighting breaking out on the forum and disappointment, dejection and depression showing through their despondent posts.

Walsall is blessed with several of the best players in the league. However, their superstars are likely to be the cause of their own demise. They only have 9 players who still have a possibility of winning seats if they top the league, whereas our egalitarian strategy means that 16 of our players have enough points to win a seat if we win the league. Furthermore, if they win, 2 of the seats are wrapped up, so the others have only 2 to play for, whereas our players still have 3 to contest. With nothing for their players to play for, Walsall is likely to have a poor turnout and slip quietly out of contention.

Players who can still win a GUKPT seat:

Walsall                          
Andy Overton  
James Edwards                    
Debjani Duncan                  
Marcel Furet                
Raymond Masters
Tony Trippier
Andrew Barton
Andrew Duncan                    
Sam Johnston  

Solent
John Murray
John Woodbridge
Mark Dougas
Andy Heath
Andy Hall
Harry Brownsdon
Kevan Stanswood
Justin Hazeldene
Claire Stanswood
Colin James
Mark Porter
Maggie Holt
Gary Hulks
Richard Herne
Dave Singleton
Dave Howard
5th place - Portsmouth Snooker Club £10 rebuy

Liz Lieu borrowed my pen - 01/06/2013

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
Re: National League - Week 10
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 22:49:56 PM »
Would you like to throw a wild card into the mix - we might be third but we could still do damage  ;D

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 23:12:01 PM »

Would you like to throw a wild card into the mix - we might be third but we could still do damage  ;D

And Birmingham aren"t even in the mix, but boy am I looking forward to the final round. I sense impending cargage!!!!

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 23:21:54 PM »

And Birmingham aren"t even in the mix, but boy am I looking forward to the final round. I sense impending cargage!!!!

Please do all play. Most teams could still be relegated, so everyone needs to play. It would be an anti-climax if Walsall slid into the points by default cos other teams didn"t turn up.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 23:33:43 PM »

Please do all play. Most teams could still be relegated, so everyone needs to play. It would be an anti-climax if Walsall slid into the points by default cos other teams didn"t turn up.

Believe me John I am turning up  8)

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 09:46:20 AM »

I just hope I get that MintTrav feller on my table..... 97s? ALLL INNNNNN

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »

I just hope I get that MintTrav feller on my table..... 97s? ALLL INNNNNN

LOL

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 13:31:38 PM »
Hello Team. Just a reminder that the Big One is this Sunday. The whole league has come down to this one last game and the title is between us & Walsall. They had it in the bag but stumbled last time out and we are right back in. Apparently they are a bit miffed at present - it seems someone gave them misleading information in the last game and they took their foot off. They have been simmering gently for the last three weeks so should be nicely on tilt by the time the game starts and ready to stack off to us. Now, I want you all to get an early night cos we"ve a big day tomorrow.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
National League - Week 10
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
Hi All

Is this message necessary?

It"s the last game of the season and only Walsall or us can win the title. Let"s see everyone there tonight and take this thing down. I feel a party coming on.

John

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 11:56:08 AM »
If I"m back in time I"m in. Good luck all if not!
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 20:01:45 PM »
Okay, we"re on. We need to win - 2nd is no better than last, so I want a high-variance game. Walsall need to finish 3rd to make sure and will be playing tight and not wanting to endanger their positions so let"s put them to the test and stick it to them whenever we can. It would be great to eliminate some of them relatively early, even if some of ours also go out. We have the numbers, so can still secure the win if we lose some. So the tactic is not subtle and doesn"t need to be coded - let"s cripple Walsall. Attack their players - they can"t afford to take you on and risk elimination unless they have it good.

Playing for Solent tonight (please don"t knock each other out):

-Hallstar
BitofaTart52
CHRISMN71
each_it
Leo9Justice
lovemuscle90
MintTravX
Noreen6
Pepper3000
RaggyMaggie
SenseiTokes
spartaN735
spartanN735
Tall Lady
T6isbest
woodylppl

And just so there"s no doubt, the target players are:
Bartyuk10
harrymarcel
ReapUrChips
Stingerai
Thinker28
TONYTRIPPSS
xxAJDxx
x-blowfly-x

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 20:05:56 PM »
And before this is decided one way or the other, I just want to say, all jokes aside, that Walsall are a cracking team with lots of great players and would be very worthy winners of the league.

Now let"s take them apart!

Chipaccrual

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
    • APAT
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 20:08:40 PM »

And before this is decided one way or the other, I just want to say, all jokes aside, that Walsall are a cracking team with lots of great players and would be very worthy winners of the league.

Now let"s take them apart!

This afternoon, John has mostly been watching Braveheart, Gladiator, 300, etc......

They may take your chips, but they"ll never take your freedom.    ;D

MintTrav

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 21:10:32 PM »
It started well, with lots of them quite low and several of us quite high. Some of our players have drifted down but we are still better placed.

I have to say that it is great that so many players have shown up from the other teams to make it a genuine game.

dwh103

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • @dwh103
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 21:44:34 PM »
Super high variance, as requested John.

People are going to hate me if they don"t already.
TEAM GOTHAM (Batman)

http://twitter.com/dwh103

Won some stuff too long ago for it to stay on a signature.