Author Topic: Grant's Glasgow Banter  (Read 195741 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: Grant's Glasgow Banter
« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2011, 21:59:11 PM »
Plumped for a wee PLO game tonight, just for fun and experience. Amazing the number of people on 888 playing this with apparently very little clue what they"re doing e.g calling raise and re-raise with  ah  :2h: :2c: 7d. Doubled stack to just over 4k in 4th level so going along fairly well with very few decent hands till now and mucho foldo.

Update - half hour later, blinds 100/200 went up to 8k sitting 11/44 from 117 starters. Having a good laugh at some of the crazy hands people are willing to donk off with. Went back down to 4k after running 2nd nut flush into nut flush, sigh......now 26/36.

Final update   ::) just more sigh as i turn nut straight with 3k in middle and ship my final 1.8k only to be rivered by flush. Finished 27th Hey ho was good fun and more PLO experience. Didn"t get any really big starting hands, but a few double suited straightening hands that i made the most of.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 22:53:04 PM by Santino67 »
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #196 on: September 05, 2011, 20:17:47 PM »

Just busted out $20 tourney with a horror. In BB at 50/100, utg raises to 275 gets 2 callers (yeah it was that kind of table so I call with 6/8 suited for value and get a 4/6/8 rainbow flop. Close to 1200 in middle I fire 800 in, utg shoves with AA for my stack, others fold and I duly call. Runner runner kings FML  :D

Was pretty down earlier about how bad i"m running at the mo, with particular highlight of the fact i got busted last night when i got it all in on flop of A/10/2 with A/10 v A/2 and the inevitable 2 outer came. had some good advice from Steve redfern so got back on the horse tonight, only to get busted twice with 2 hands again when i"m a big favourite, one very similar to above..........

8/10 suited, flop 10/8/K rainbow needless to say all in on flop against AA and another K is binked on river

K/K 4 bet pre and called by 9/9, all in on J high flop and busted again, the turn puts me out of my misery and I"m left wondering again how long will this sick run continue?

AMRN

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: September 05, 2011, 20:23:01 PM »
It"s a ****e game at times, but so long as you are getting in with the best of it in these spots time and again, variance will sort itself out. Just got to stick at it..... but make sure you don"t succumb to "injustice tilt".

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #198 on: September 05, 2011, 20:31:09 PM »

It"s a ****e game at times, but so long as you are getting in with the best of it in these spots time and again, variance will sort itself out. Just got to stick at it..... but make sure you don"t succumb to "injustice tilt".

Cheers Steve. Determined to stay focussed mate, but struggling to enjoy the game and think this has to be my worst run since I started playing about 5 years ago. Pretty sure I"m not making any crazy errors (probably more passive tbh, checked a turn with top pair against a guy 5 mins after the KK hand above, and he hit his K on river after floating my flop bet). Very frustrating though and very tempting to just switch the computer off for a couple of days at least.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #199 on: September 06, 2011, 09:33:11 AM »

struggling to enjoy the game and think this has to be my worst run since I started playing about 5 years ago.

For this reason I"ve made a decision to leave off the poker for a couple of days at least. I always draw parallels with golf and poker for some reason. Any golfer will remember days when they feel they hit the ball sweet as a nut, watch the ball soar down the middle of the fairway, hit an angled slope and kick right or left into some horrid clump of tangled up rough or awkward bunker. You want to snap your club in half and head straight to the 19th hole for a couple of shandies  :D

I"ve been hitting those shots on the poker table for over a week now (and the dealers are lucky they"re not wearing any 9 irons) so time for a break methinks, but obviously just to come back refreshed. In the meantime I"ll get into some job hunting, finishing off Stephen Fry"s autobiography, listen to some music and general chilling out  ;D  

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #200 on: September 06, 2011, 11:24:10 AM »
I had a week off there grant too....varience is a bugger...n I was tilting....

Good analogy with the golf...p.s.I was not only getting bad beats,but the cruncher was some nugget defending a limp with 73s n rivering a flush to a nice hand I had..pretty hard to take....
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #201 on: September 06, 2011, 13:30:57 PM »

I had a week off there grant too....varience is a bugger...n I was tilting....

Good analogy with the golf...p.s.I was not only getting bad beats,but the cruncher was some nugget defending a limp with 73s n rivering a flush to a nice hand I had..pretty hard to take....

Yeah had similar a few nights ago (another to the collection) against a complete numbnut who sat with 20BBs and reloaded a few times (suspect there was alcohol involved). Made preflop raise AJ against Q3 and he defended his BB, got a A/7/J flop, check, check - 3 on turn and he instashoved so i snapped him and he rivered a 3  :D Glad he had min buy in but it still stung a bit.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2011, 13:54:39 PM »
Just having a chuckle at the golf analogy. I remember playing at Clober Golf Course near Bearsden a few years ago and between the 7th & 8th holes going into 4 bunkers through the 2 holes. In the 3rd of these bunkers on the par 5 8th attempted to knock my ball further up the fairway with something like a 5 iron, ran my ball into the 4th bunker, held my club horizontally (snap over the knee stance lol) but then in a lighter mood swayed from side to side and burst into a rendition of "Mr Sandman"  :D

Days gone by before the knee ligament injuries.......at Vale of Leven course in an amateur competition  :)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2011, 12:18:56 PM »
On a positive note, well done to Rudders snr for binking 2nd in the Ipoker 5.5k last night. Enjoyed cheering him on FB till 4.30am but eventually had to give in to sleep when his HU battle was becoming epic. Nice work sir  8)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #204 on: September 09, 2011, 22:07:49 PM »
Woohooo, after a week of chaos and dust our new bathroom is finally installed, new suite, new walls, new floor, new ceiling..........the works basically. Martin and Mark from Crilly & Co been doing the work since Monday, very good company, worked through lunchtime, tidied up each day. A nice change to some previous "contractors" I"ve used  :)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2011, 09:50:37 AM »
After a couple of days break from playing, railing others and watching tutorials instead, managed to get a few 10c/20c NLHE cash tables up and running last couple of nights. Glad to say I"ve managed to get back to increasing rather than decreasing, up about $45 in a few sessions. More importantly managed to stop the bleeding with losing hands, where I might in the past have gone to war post flop (e.g last night - 10/9 in limped BB with a 10/10/8 flop, behind all the way to A/10 and managed to minimise loss to about $1.50). Not sure this more conservative style on cash tables suits me tbh, but fairly happy with short term outcome so far.

Big thanks to Noble for a re-direction to Flopturnriver videos on Youtube, hadn"t seen these for a couple of years but picked up some good tips by refreshing my knowledge during my wee break from playing  8)

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2011, 20:43:28 PM »
Don"t you fall asleep playing these levels?

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2011, 20:47:20 PM »

Don"t you fall asleep playing these levels?

Building my bankroll again Chris, so can"t afford to fall asleep  :D

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2011, 20:50:10 PM »
I understand mate but you are a better player than 10 -20, reload and win some

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #209 on: September 11, 2011, 21:14:39 PM »

I understand mate but you are a better player than 10 -20, reload and win some

Only have a 12 hour contract at work so spare cash on the short side Chris. Been running pretty bad recently as well but i know I"ll get back to higher levels if i stay patient mate.