Author Topic: Grant's Glasgow Banter  (Read 195656 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: Grant's Glasgow Banter
« Reply #315 on: December 16, 2011, 02:01:34 AM »
OK gang, doesn"t seem like it but on Wed 21st December I"ll celebrate my new job with my 1st Blog Birthday. Now on 21 pages and going strong but I"m looking for a bit of feedback, constructive criticism, what you like, what you dislike etc etc (Too much of this, not enough of that, "you"re a fish" - D Blacklaw  :P). Even comments about my play, online, live or both are welcome.

I"m thick skinned, won"t take anything personal but I"ll listen, so please feel free to share your thoughts. At some point during the festive period I"ll also run a daft quiz, obv nowhere near as good as Leighs, but there will be an element of fun and a little prize for the winner.
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #316 on: December 17, 2011, 14:19:01 PM »

OK gang, doesn"t seem like it but on Wed 21st December I"ll celebrate my new job with my 1st Blog Birthday. Now on 21 pages and going strong but I"m looking for a bit of feedback, constructive criticism, what you like, what you dislike etc etc (Too much of this, not enough of that, "you"re a fish" - D Blacklaw  :P). Even comments about my play, online, live or both are welcome.

I"m thick skinned, won"t take anything personal but I"ll listen, so please feel free to share your thoughts. At some point during the festive period I"ll also run a daft quiz, obv nowhere near as good as Leighs, but there will be an element of fun and a little prize for the winner.

Your a fish....... Oh sorry we were meant to be being helpful right :-)

I really like the poker updates, keep them. I can understand some people not wanting to do it but I am going to try and keep a record of tournament buyins and winnings next year as well as how I do in cash games. I would love to see how other people do so I can see how much of a fish I am compared to other people *lol* I was going to try it this year but set unrealistic targets in terms of volume for myself and had to go away and start all over again.

I also like seeing hands where you have to make a tough decision and why you make that decision - very interesting and a good opportunity to learn for both the poster and the reader imho.

Also what are your poker goals for 2012

Congrats again on the new job. Does it mean you will be at more live events in 2012?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #317 on: December 17, 2011, 15:03:19 PM »

I really like the poker updates, keep them. I can understand some people not wanting to do it but I am going to try and keep a record of tournament buyins and winnings next year as well as how I do in cash games. I would love to see how other people do so I can see how much of a fish I am compared to other people *lol* I was going to try it this year but set unrealistic targets in terms of volume for myself and had to go away and start all over again.

I also like seeing hands where you have to make a tough decision and why you make that decision - very interesting and a good opportunity to learn for both the poster and the reader imho.

Congrats again on the new job. Does it mean you will be at more live events in 2012?

Thanks Steve, yeah obviously means I"ll have more spare cash for Live poker, which I love. Need to see once I find out how rotas will work how I tie this into APAT but know that weekend work will still be involved coz I"m staying with NHS 24, just in a different role. The hands I post up have raised some interesting comments, particularly those that I put in the Academy. I"d like to think I"ve taken on board some of the comments added by the likes of yourself, George, Noble etc etc. Will endeavour to keep doing the same if people are happy with it but I"ve given up using tracking software, still tend to go on my own reads and instincts, which so far have served me well. See you in Brighton I hope  8)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #318 on: December 17, 2011, 16:24:55 PM »

Thanks Steve, yeah obviously means I"ll have more spare cash for Live poker, which I love. Need to see once I find out how rotas will work how I tie this into APAT but know that weekend work will still be involved coz I"m staying with NHS 24, just in a different role. The hands I post up have raised some interesting comments, particularly those that I put in the Academy. I"d like to think I"ve taken on board some of the comments added by the likes of yourself, George, Noble etc etc. Will endeavour to keep doing the same if people are happy with it but I"ve given up using tracking software, still tend to go on my own reads and instincts, which so far have served me well. See you in Brighton I hope  8)

Listening to comments from the likes of George and Noble is good +EV poker, well done. You should keep doing this.

Unfortunately listening to comments from me is likely to be a leak. Try and cut this out of your game in the new year and results will get even better I"m sure :-)
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #319 on: December 17, 2011, 18:16:25 PM »

Listening to comments from the likes of George and Noble is good +EV poker, well done. You should keep doing this.

Unfortunately listening to comments from me is likely to be a leak. Try and cut this out of your game in the new year and results will get even better I"m sure :-)

You know your stuff as well Steve, I"m always glad of any advice from you also. 2012 targets? Don"t really set myself targets but would love to defend my Scottish title with vigour, keep improving both my HE and PLO game.....and hopefully now won"t need to keep emptying my online bankroll to keep myself afloat now that Im starting a FT job  ;D

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #320 on: December 18, 2011, 14:50:49 PM »
Happy that I"ve sorted my first trip for 2012 to Brighton and looki forward to the next APAT adventure  8) On the home front, it"s minus freezing degrees and very icy here but looking Christmassy with only 7 sleeps till Santa arrives.

Played a $6 PLO last night when i got home from work after midnight last night and sure I was a victim of chip dumping. Was sitting 8th of 12 with Top 10 cashing and went card dead with Top 3 chip stacks surrounding me and raising just about every hand. Had 2 shorter stacks on our table making up our 6, and both following raises from a Greek player Panathas shoved behind him, and he folded to both players with odds of around 3/1 and a healthy stack to bust either of them. I then went short stack not long after and only got one raise through for the blinds before ending up all in with 9/10/J/Q double suited and getting no help. Panathas also spent the whole time at that table dishing out personal abuse to each of the other players, so got a bit of verbal fired back at him when I exited in 12th. To be honest even without the chip dumping I"d probably have only sneaked into the money anyway, I had such a bad run of garbage when we got down to about 15 players.

C"est la vie, move on and play another game after work tonight for a better result  ;)  

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #321 on: December 21, 2011, 00:29:53 AM »
So my blog"s 1st Anniversary has arrived  ;D For those of you who like to partake in the promised quiz, feel free to join in http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=10209.0

For all of you in the wonderful world of APAT I wish you and your families a great Christmas and the best ever 2012. Looking forward to seeing you all in Brighton already but for the time being have a good "un

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #322 on: December 21, 2011, 19:23:12 PM »

Really enjoying it Grant and great to meet you this year. I won"t b/s you, I skim read a lot of the back story (i.e. from before I knew you) but keep a lookout for your updates now and what comes across is your quality as an individual.

Good luck with everything in 2012.
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #323 on: December 21, 2011, 19:27:48 PM »

Really enjoying it Grant and great to meet you this year. I won"t b/s you, I skim read a lot of the back story (i.e. from before I knew you) but keep a lookout for your updates now and what comes across is your quality as an individual.

Good luck with everything in 2012.

Cheers JP I appreciate the feedback mate. Likewise, it"s been a pleasure getting to know you more after finally meeting you. Hope you have a superb Christmas and New Year and see you in Brighton in January  8)

ForthThistle

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #324 on: December 21, 2011, 21:39:58 PM »
Your a FISH...

Happy Days....

Keep up the Good work...
Current Southern European Online Champion.
Past Winning Captain - Scotland

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #325 on: December 22, 2011, 00:36:48 AM »

Your a FISH...

Happy Days....

Keep up the Good work...

;D Sounds about right Davie lol Hope you and the family have a superb Christmas mate  8)

bhoywonder70

• Silver Member
« Reply #326 on: December 22, 2011, 09:19:30 AM »
Deffo keep up the swings of ur poker...n ur walk to plo pro...n win Brighton....right I gotta go to IKEA n buy new drawers....fml...
Apat Scottish online open gold medal holder 2008....

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #327 on: December 23, 2011, 01:45:41 AM »

Deffo keep up the swings of ur poker...n ur walk to plo pro...n win Brighton....right I gotta go to IKEA n buy new drawers....fml...

Cheers Chas, hope got the Ikea stuff sorted  ;D

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #328 on: December 25, 2011, 09:13:46 AM »

So my blog"s 1st Anniversary has arrived  ;D For those of you who like to partake in the promised quiz, feel free to join in http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=10209.0

For all of you in the wonderful world of APAT I wish you and your families a great Christmas and the best ever 2012. Looking forward to seeing you all in Brighton already but for the time being have a good "un

A Merry Christmas to each and every one of my APAT family, hope you and your own families have a superb day and get spoiled rotten. I"m in work till 3pm but look forward to a great day when I head home. All The Best  8)

And when you"ve finished with your presents feel free to have a go at my wee quiz above  ;)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:15:18 AM by Santino67 »

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #329 on: December 25, 2011, 10:02:59 AM »