Author Topic: Grant's Glasgow Banter  (Read 195744 times)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
Re: Grant's Glasgow Banter
« Reply #480 on: October 05, 2012, 23:36:46 PM »

Had a nice 3rd place in a 20euro game on poker.co.uk midweek for just over 200 euros so all in all not a bad week on the new site. Looking forward to week 2 of the league and 8 sleeps till the big event at Alea  ;)

That obviously means it"s only 7 sleeps till i meet up with the APAT travellers for a few beers in Glasgow city centre and any locals who want to join us are very welcome  ;D

FML................. On 30 days consultation from Tuesday  :( and not going to Glasgow   :"(  :"(

Don"t worry mate we"ll make up for it another time, your priority comes first bud  :-*
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #481 on: October 10, 2012, 12:39:22 PM »
Yesterday saw the NHS 24 annual conference and achievement awards in Perth, which turned out to be a very enjoyable wee day. Presenter Kaye Adams was a very worthy and funny facilitator for the day, but the highlight was an hour long talk from 2012 Olympic Gold (and previous triple silver) winner Katherine Grainger. It was a very motivational experience and humbling to get a chance to wear her medal.

NHS 24 Cardonald Service Support Team won the award of "Excellence Matters" for the work we do in NHS 24, so it was nice also to be recognised by our own colleagues. I can only add a big thanks to my team for looking after me since i joined them in January. It has been, and continues to be a daily learning experience because of the range of tasks we"re involved in.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #482 on: October 12, 2012, 13:18:14 PM »
Today unofficially sees the start of the APAT Scottish weekend and I"m looking forward to defending my title hugely..........but before that, there"s the small matter of meeting up with a few of the APAT regulars and Team Scotland mates for a few drinkles in Glasgow  :)

Looks like we"ll be at Lloyds in West George St if anyone fancies joining us. I"ll certainly be there, probably from about 7pm and hope this time there are no "issues" at the bar  ;D

See you all there, and if not, hope to share a table with you tomorrow  8)

nosey-p

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #483 on: October 12, 2012, 14:15:28 PM »
Have a good night and weekend Grant, not playing this one (wish I was)

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #484 on: October 12, 2012, 14:21:45 PM »

Have a good night and weekend Grant, not playing this one (wish I was)

Cheers Wayne, sorry you won"t make it but look forward to catch up again soooooooon.

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #485 on: October 12, 2012, 14:49:25 PM »

Will be there for a quick couple before last orders I hope Grant.. looking forward to seeing you and everyone x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #486 on: October 12, 2012, 16:49:46 PM »

Will be there for a quick couple before last orders I hope Grant.. looking forward to seeing you and everyone x

Look forward to a hug already mate  ;D

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #487 on: October 12, 2012, 17:41:33 PM »
Today unofficially sees the start of the APAT Scottish weekend and I"m looking forward to defending my title hugely....

The very best of luck Grant !  :)  Wish I could have joined you all for the weekend  :(
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #488 on: October 12, 2012, 23:58:29 PM »

Today unofficially sees the start of the APAT Scottish weekend and I"m looking forward to defending my title hugely....

The very best of luck Grant !  :)  Wish I could have joined you all for the weekend  :(

Cheers Ian, sure we"ll meet up again sometime soon mate  8)

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #489 on: October 13, 2012, 09:38:46 AM »
Best of luck Grant!

May your nut flush get run into by a lower made flush for the majority of the chips once again  :D

UL Steve  :(
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #490 on: October 13, 2012, 11:27:54 AM »

Best of luck Grant!

May your nut flush get run into by a lower made flush for the majority of the chips once again  :D

UL Steve  :(

As Phil Oakey once said "Theses Are The Things That Dreams Are Made Of"  ;D

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #491 on: October 17, 2012, 00:37:06 AM »
So the APAT Scottish Championship has now passed and there"s now a new title holder  :"( Well done Alan Horsburgh, by all accounts the man played a superb game and I don"t believe was ever below average stack (once he actually got round to taking his seat  ;D ).

For my part i can only say that i defended my title with vigour and honour, trebling my stack in the first few hours then reaching the height of 60k by around the midway point of Saturday. I was hitting sets, straights, flushes and full houses for fun and getting paid off for the most part. TBH I could probably have squeezed a few more chips out of a couple of these hands but decided to either get some value or was concerned about other bigger draws that could"ve landed. The final half of Saturday night was more of a grind, particularly after running into a blind v blind confrontation against Craig "Zozzy" Dawson on my left when i had KK and my 4 bet was flat called by him. Craig assured me afterwards that the Ace on the flop saved me any further pain beyond the turn as he already had 2 of those other bad boys hiding under his chip guard. My demise at 1.15am with 77 v AA was appropriately at the hands of a certain Jonathan Bannerman, who may well have gone on to win my title last year had i not been a complete luckbox. Jonathan has now played 2 APATs, finishing 4th last year and 10th a few days ago. he has a great game and will surely pick up some very nice prizes in future......he just has to get himself away from his computer more often  ;D  

My first game at the Alea was a massively enjoyable experience and I thank Michelle, their staff and the ad-hoc dealers who all performed very well to play their part in making another APAT adventure run smoothly over the 2 days.

Hats off also to Matt & Adam who filled a couple of well worn shoes to keep the players entertained and the forum masses updated on the forum as much as they possibly could. Well done lads, you were a great team throughout!

For those who made Day 2  ::), the money, the FT and the medals give yourselves all a huge pat on the back. But the ultimate accolade is always for the winner, so many congratulations Alan, a very well deserved win and the title is now yours to enjoy  8)...............till the next time at least  :P

Now it"s a few days for me away to Aberfeldy tomorrow for my post APAT retreat and a bit of chill out time. We will no doubt meet again on the virtual felt on Sunday night though, looking forward to it already  ;)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 00:47:00 AM by Santino67 »

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #492 on: October 31, 2012, 18:13:12 PM »
A great week just got better  :) Got tickets to see the manic nonsense of Ross Noble on Friday night in Glasgow so really looking forward to that after having a hilarious night at his Perth gig a few years ago. Had the fantastic announcement that I"ve been chosen to be part of the superb Scotland "A" Team with Cap"n Jo, Mary, Paul & Gordon and thrilled to be joining them in Stoke at the end of November.

Finally, today I received news that I have an interview for an excellent job within NHS 24 that I think I"m ideal for. Obviously don"t have the job yet, but just to get the opportunity to get into a role which will utilise skills I"ve built over 25 years, but not used much in the past 3, fills me with a huge amount of hope for the future  ;)

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #493 on: October 31, 2012, 19:10:52 PM »

A great week just got better  :) Got tickets to see the manic nonsense of Ross Noble on Friday night in Glasgow so really looking forward to that after having a hilarious night at his Perth gig a few years ago. Had the fantastic announcement that I"ve been chosen to be part of the superb Scotland "A" Team with Cap"n Jo, Mary, Paul & Gordon and thrilled to be joining them in Stoke at the end of November.

Finally, today I received news that I have an interview for an excellent job within NHS 24 that I think I"m ideal for. Obviously don"t have the job yet, but just to get the opportunity to get into a role which will utilise skills I"ve built over 25 years, but not used much in the past 3, fills me with a huge amount of hope for the future  ;)

Good News!!
Good News!!
Good News & Good Luck!!
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

pables

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
  • JACK7SUITED on Grosvenor
« Reply #494 on: October 31, 2012, 20:59:12 PM »
Gr8 news Grant, let"s hope you get that wee bit more of run good in your work life. GL in Stoke  :-*
WCOAP online Omaha Bronze 2009
WCOAP Stud Gold 2010
UK Team championship 2011 individual Silver
WCOAP 2015 Team championship silver with IRELAND
WCOAP 2016 Irish silver
WCOAP 2018 PLO D/C Bracelet
WCOAP 2018 ROE silver
WCOAP 2019 Mix max Bracelet
European Team event 2019 Silver with team Ireland