Author Topic: Poker by Numbers  (Read 88756 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Poker by Numbers
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2011, 17:11:26 PM »
I will definitely say hello this time! There"s not much I can do with those estate agents charges, they dictate and I just have to pay it... oh well.

What a great song, to be fair you can"t afford to look scruffy when there is an opportunity of an exit interview on camera with Maylis!

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2011, 18:22:34 PM »

I will definitely say hello this time! There"s not much I can do with those estate agents charges, they dictate and I just have to pay it... oh well.

What a great song, to be fair you can"t afford to look scruffy when there is an opportunity of an exit interview on camera with Maylis!

Even better if it"s a winners interview  ;) Aim high Mark
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2011, 07:48:59 AM »
Great to see you"re through to the Sunday Mark, very well played so far...........now for that winner"s interview  ;)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2011, 16:02:37 PM »

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: March 28, 2011, 16:42:10 PM »
Day 2

To be honest I don't really want to write too much about my main event experience on Day 2 as I can sum it up in a few sentences. I lost a couple of races and went out in 14th place for a min cash. I was pleased enough as I didn't make any silly errors and that was my first ever live cash. One of my aims of this APAT season can be chalked off nice and early.

I had the honour of being involved in one of Tightys now infamous Sit N Go's about 45 mins before Day 2 kicked off. It was pretty epic, and needs to be incorporated into Season 6 in some form. I saw an unbelievable read from Des when he folded flopped quad fours. I am not sure what the rules were, there were cards stuck on foreheads, forfeits for gloating and various penalties. An experience that I hope to relive at future events.

The main epiphany for me on Day 2 was discovering that I might actually enjoy commentating on poker more than I do playing! I am not sure how it came about; I did my exit interview with the aim of promoting the blog and then just hung around for a bit.

I have never done anything like that before, I am a shy person so would always steer well clear of things like that. The thing is I love poker and don't need to be given many chances to discuss hands and analyse plays. So what began as an impromptu chat turned into the best part of a 7 hour final table alongside the brilliant Maylis and the APAT team.

Maylis is so much fun and so good at what she does. I felt chuffed to be allowed to commentate alongside her. I think it works nicely when you have two people as you can bounce off each other. I can remember watching the live feed for the 20K sponsorship last year and really enjoyed the commentary with her and Ben Young.

Leigh is great fun to talk to as well and obviously has a pretty vast knowledge of everything poker related. It was great to get his insight into hands. I did remind him that I am still waiting for my 50% of the London Live event, there is no I in team.

I could probably write a book with my thoughts on the final table and a sequel about the heads up. It was fascinating to watch and it's amazing how much you can take in when you take a step back from the action. Everyone played really well, a special shout out to Mike who finished in 4th, a good result for us young'uns. I thought that the heads up was EPIC. Both guys played it great with really contrasting styles and either one would have been a deserving winner.

I can't wait for my next APAT event which will be Cardiff. I won't be able to make Newcastle, bit of a trek to get to over the Easter weekend. I will definitely be following the live feed so look forward to that. Also on the rare occasion that I don't make a final table assault, if Maylis and the team ever need some more support on the mic then I will be at the front of the queue.

:)

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: March 28, 2011, 22:48:05 PM »
nice write up and really enjoyed the commentary. You brought a lot to the Party
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #81 on: March 28, 2011, 22:49:25 PM »

+ a lot - very entertaining

AVFC.WILSON

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2011, 02:01:59 AM »
Great Blog mate! Just Been reading it. After a night out of playing variations of poker games inspired by Tightys epic sit & go"s. One game was backwards poker where the flop is just the one card. And the river is three so nearly everyone gets sucked out on the river. But yeah these games should defiantely be incorporated in season 6.

Cheers for the "special shout out" There should be someting in the 888 APAT lobby. Like a one-off APAT Under 25"s tourney.

What do you reckon?

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2011, 02:55:22 AM »

+ a lot - very entertaining

+ loads more, thoroughly enjoyed the commentary and didn"t realise it was you for first half hour.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2011, 12:40:59 PM »
If we tried to sort out an APAT under 25"s game, we may just be able to fill one table... I am trying to recruit some more fresh faced poker players! Time to give these "experienced" players a run for their money I think.

Thanks for all the nice comments from friends and APAT"ers re my inane ramblings during the final table. :-)

cincicrappykid

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2011, 12:43:48 PM »

Great Blog mate! Just Been reading it. After a night out of playing variations of poker games inspired by Tightys epic sit & go"s. One game was backwards poker where the flop is just the one card. And the river is three so nearly everyone gets sucked out on the river. But yeah these games should defiantely be incorporated in season 6.

Cheers for the "special shout out" There should be someting in the 888 APAT lobby. Like a one-off APAT Under 25"s tourney.

What do you reckon?
Are u allowed to be agest :(  
GOLD NATIONAL ONLINE TEAM C/SHIP 09/10.  S1& 7 BCPC CHAMP/H/O Champ. BRONZE WCOAP 7 Card Stud 2009. BRONZE Scotish Online Omaha  2010 BRONZE Northern European NL  2010. APAT NATIONAL PUB CHAMPION 2011 SCOTTISH OMAHA  GOLD 2012. ECOAP SILVER WCOAP GOLD England Team 2013  National Online Champion 2013

mfcrocker

• Bronze Member
« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2011, 12:52:05 PM »
I"ve had this argument about other "under x" groups and it"s not ageism - it"s an additional group to encourage the next generation of people to get involved as opposed to an attempt to segregate the young"uns away from the old"uns.

That said, there was plenty of youth at APAT Coventry and it"d be pointless :D

scjn01

• Bronze Member
« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2011, 13:20:55 PM »

Nice write up Mark.  Another challenge to beat 14th position next time!!  (A bit harder than 44th!!)  Wasn"t able to hear your commentary as I was busy in the Omaha, but hearing excellent reviews.

Alan

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2011, 19:19:59 PM »
Thanks Alan. Also its nice to see a player behave so graciously after the bad beat that I gave you! Top bloke.

Look forward to being on your table again in the future.

suzanne

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2011, 21:01:23 PM »
I thought your commentary was excellent Mark, very professional and I am quite surprised you are as inexperienced as you say. A job very well done.

Ohhh and nice of you to call me a lady  ;D