Author Topic: Poker by Numbers  (Read 88808 times)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Poker by Numbers
« Reply #180 on: January 03, 2012, 14:31:42 PM »
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: January 03, 2012, 15:28:18 PM »
Hmmm, as the holiday will be me and the girlfriend then I have to think "couple friendly"... does Vegas do couple friendly??!

I probably prefer planning around November time, even without a big APAT prescence, as it gives me a year to bink some spending money. Also it seems a lot cheaper to go off peak as you would expect. As my birthday is the 10th November I may schedule sometime around there and catch the WSOP final table at the same time.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #182 on: January 03, 2012, 15:56:16 PM »

Hmmm, as the holiday will be me and the girlfriend then I have to think "couple friendly"... does Vegas do couple friendly??!

Of course it does...as long as you recognise that "couple friendly" means "doing what the significant other wants".

Shows, spas, restaurants..all couple friendly.

I guess it all depends on how "poker friendly" the S.O. is.....is she happy with being on her own for several hours a day  while you grind several hours at a poker table if you can "make it up to her" by giving up the most profitable hours of your day taking her out?

OK...that came off a little but over the top...but I think you take my point....it"s about compromise and balance...the secret of a good relationship...I guess. ???

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2012, 15:59:15 PM »

Of course it does...as long as you recognise that "couple friendly" means "doing what the significant other wants".

I guess it all depends on how "poker friendly" the S.O. is.....is she happy with being on her own for several hours a day  while you grind several hours at a poker table if you can "make it up to her" by giving up the most profitable hours of your day taking her out?

OK...that came off a little but over the top...but I think you take my point....it"s about compromise and balance...the secret of a good relationship...I guess. ???

Vegas can be very couple friendly, I can vouch for that.  When there last August, despite our both intending to play poker at some point during our trip, neither Sian or I managed to find time to have a game.
Email: des@apat.com
Facebook: Des Duffy
Twitter: Des Duffy

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2012, 16:07:56 PM »

Vegas can be very couple friendly, I can vouch for that.  When there last August, despite our both intending to play poker at some point during our trip, neither Sian or I managed to find time to have a game.

too much information Des :D
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2012, 16:23:31 PM »

I"m actually feeling a little ill after reading that...but then again..."Des & Poker"...not much of a match up there.

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: January 03, 2012, 17:01:11 PM »

too much information Des :D

lol!

We had a great time!  We saw a show on Tuesday night and had a little lie in to 9am on the Wednesday morning; the day before we were scheduled to leave.  We were really looking forward to the Wednesday and had a lot planned including tickets to see Carrot Top.  But somehow Sian twigged at 9am Weds that it was in fact 9am Thurs and we were due at the airport in two hours.  Cue a manic exit from the hotel, followed by manic return for passports in hotel safe, and we"re still none the wiser as to how we lost one whole day out of seven during our trip.  Was good though. :)

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #187 on: January 03, 2012, 17:42:30 PM »
I lost a week in Botswana once - not difficult really  ;D

Des

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: January 03, 2012, 17:45:00 PM »

I"ll be checking your blog later for details of that one...

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #189 on: January 03, 2012, 19:17:17 PM »

Sure that wasn"t the Botswana Bar Ger?  ;)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: January 04, 2012, 12:42:06 PM »
Loving the relationship advice - can we have a Paulie D + Des "How to Maintain a Happy and Healthy Relationship" thread/podcast/book deal for season 6 please.

To be fair, she is very understanding and I am sure wouldn"t begrudge me a little bit of poker. I have never lost a whole day though - never had the stamina for that.  ::)

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #191 on: January 04, 2012, 12:54:20 PM »

Loving the relationship advice - can we have a Paulie D* "How to Maintain a Happy and Healthy Relationship" thread/podcast/book deal for season 6 please.

Sounds good..."Those who Can"t Do...Teach!"  ;D

* Excluded Des for obvious reasons.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2012, 13:12:49 PM »

Foggy

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2012, 14:53:48 PM »
I will probably go to see the new film, but the original dubbed films were fantacstic, so much so I did the whole trilogy in one evening.

Obviously on your recommendation I will see the new one, on your money back enjoyment guarantee, plus popcorn

SirPercival

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2012, 15:19:21 PM »
I maintained a happy and healthy relationship with my missus for years by going to Vegas without out her several times!

Now she"s been twice with me and loves it, particularly the shopping!

We now have a healthy, happy and skint relationship.