Author Topic: Poker by Numbers  (Read 88784 times)

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Poker by Numbers
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
It does taste better when it"s free - it will taste really good if I can cash.

I am now officially playing the GUKPT in Coventry at the back end of August. The GUKPT people were very quick to oblige and move my seat so that was good. I have also booked two weeks off work from the 10th September until the 24th. One of those weeks will definitely be spent in Vegas, I expect it will be the Wednesday to the following Wednesday- will keep an eye on prices and work out the best time to book..

Any sort of cash in the GUKPT would feel good two weeks before Vegas. If I get anywhere near the bubble it could get interesting...

Mikeyboy9361

• Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2012, 13:57:09 PM »
European Online Silver Medalist 2009
Member of the Leeds "Grand Final" Team
Scottish Amateur Championships Bronze Medalist 2013

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2012, 09:37:11 AM »
Played the PokerPlayer GUKPT freeroll last night and won it! 1st out of 550 runners for a GUKPT main event seat worth £1,070!!  :D

Congrats Mark, VWP and best of luck at Coventry !
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2012, 18:25:58 PM »
Very well played Mark, get in there and show them what you"re capable of   ;)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2012, 20:39:03 PM »
epic result

you selling any action?
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2012, 14:33:26 PM »

epic result

you selling any action?

I will sell percentages at 1:1 if anyone fancies a punt. Will probably stick something on Facebook, am not looking to/ expecting to sell a lot.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: March 30, 2012, 13:57:05 PM »

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: March 30, 2012, 18:59:07 PM »
Just won a smidge under 5 buyins in a 90 min zoom session. A large chunk when my AA met AQ on an AQQ board... stilll so many people going berserk, makes you remember why people play cash..

Nice start to the weekend.. ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: April 24, 2012, 17:01:36 PM »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: May 05, 2012, 14:06:00 PM »

I am now officially playing the GUKPT in Coventry at the back end of August. The GUKPT people were very quick to oblige and move my seat so that was good. I have also booked two weeks off work from the 10th September until the 24th. One of those weeks will definitely be spent in Vegas, I expect it will be the Wednesday to the following Wednesday- will keep an eye on prices and work out the best time to book..

Any sort of cash in the GUKPT would feel good two weeks before Vegas. If I get anywhere near the bubble it could get interesting...

What is a min cash in one of these things, around £2K? I am pretty sure there would be no shame in locking up and ensuring you make it, within reason of course but turning down a race to ensure you make the money even when the odds (and ICM) say you should go for it would be fine for example.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: May 07, 2012, 23:33:12 PM »

What is a min cash in one of these things, around £2K? I am pretty sure there would be no shame in locking up and ensuring you make it, within reason of course but turning down a race to ensure you make the money even when the odds (and ICM) say you should go for it would be fine for example.

I don"t think that can be right...

Sacrificing/reducing the chance to win a seriously significant prize for the sake of a min-cash seems very -EV
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #236 on: May 08, 2012, 09:49:37 AM »
Last year this got 145 runners - a min cash was £2,180 paying 15 places. I can see no reason why the field size would be much different this year.

A min cash would be a signifcant prize for me - it would pay for Vegas and a bit more besides. Saying that - I won"t even start thinking about it unless I get to the top 20 ish. I will be playing for the win as I do in all tournaments but will be sensible around the bubble as £2K would really help!

Managed a 2nd in another Omaha Hi/Lo tourney for the sum of $58. Pissed off that I can"t seem to close wins out - 30 minute heads up and lost. Roll is $530.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2012, 16:44:01 PM »
Epic post by Phil Galfond this week - http://www.philgalfond.com/my-poker-other-story/

I love the fact that he writes so openly. You really do get the feeling he writes very naturally and spills out a whole string of consciousness that is fascinating to read.

My poker story would go something like - I deposited $50 and 2 years later I was playing $5 MTT"s off of a $500 roll. Not very exciting. Maybe I should just take some big shots... not in my nature though.

Still no internet and no sign of it arriving, I miss online poker :-(

Cardiff soon though so something to look forward to. Followed by a drought of live poker for June-Aug then GUKPT/ECOAP. Plan on heading straight to DTD when I bust the GUKPT and play everything going at ECOAP. Then Vegas two weeks after that... should be booking it around end of June.

At the moment a week in the Mirage is around £960 with direct flights... EXCITED.

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2012, 13:31:34 PM »

mporter123

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2012, 22:16:48 PM »
Hmmm 40K hands is quite a lot.

Through 7K so far...

Ups and downs - now winning to the tune of $2.48. Joy.

VPIP   PFR   3Bet
19.3   16.9   5.4

About 1500 hands a day (1.5 hours) for the rest of June to get to 40K.

Bet...fold...Bet...Fold...Bet...Raise...Its all quite therapeutic actually but couldn"t do it every month. Maybe higher stakes make it more interesting.