Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 254454 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Keeping Warm in Winter
« on: December 31, 2010, 13:05:30 PM »
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 15:21:46 PM by AAroddersAA »
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
Re: Back to reality - 2011
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 13:15:42 PM »
Don"t forget Vegas in November, Steve.

Looking forward to the updates.
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 14:28:34 PM »
This should be a good read - best of luck with this and next year"s poker. You"ve certainly had a stellar year this year and it"d have to be a braver man than me that bet against you winning a medal next year!

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 14:31:15 PM »
Good luck with all your goals, but may I query #3

2hr sessions of live cash? I know you said a minimum of 2hrs but if you consider that live dealers and, more so, live players  struggle to complete more than 30 hands an hour that doesn"t equate to a lot of poker...

You did well to avoid the offer of a lift to G Coventry from me by the way - we took a huge detour when I took the wrong turning out of the hotel car park!!!
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 14:58:48 PM »

Good luck with all your goals, but may I query #3

2hr sessions of live cash? I know you said a minimum of 2hrs but if you consider that live dealers and, more so, live players  struggle to complete more than 30 hands an hour that doesn"t equate to a lot of poker...

You did well to avoid the offer of a lift to G Coventry from me by the way - we took a huge detour when I took the wrong turning out of the hotel car park!!!

The offer was very generous though thanks.

The two hours sessions, I see your point and agree that a two hour live session is not a great amount of poker. I would expect most of the sessions to go quite a bit longer but I would be happy with two hours if I decided to leave that session would still count, if I only played for 30 minutes was playing badly and left that does not really count, however two hours is enough to count it.

The reason I put in on here was to help motivate myself to play some more live poker as I don"t feel I play enough. Hopefully that makes sense.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 19:39:25 PM »
Happy New Year.

2011 arrived to a firework display in Swansea last night.

I played my first online cash session the the year, 4 tables ust under and hour,  I misplayed a couple of hands and didn"t play as well as I should have but managed to turn a small profit of £3.21 - so basically a break even session and only 53 poker points. I played a coupleof sessions yesterday and made £75 but they don"t count for this year unfortunately.

I might play the APAT Betfair league next week but will be putting most of my effort in cash this month.

Now for the darts. After Jenkins and Lewis got through this afternoon it will be a very strong semi final line up. I expect Taylor and Barney to go through, although Barney does have a tough game against Anderson. Earlier in the tournament I laid Taylor at even money with some mates. I think it was a good bet at the time but now I am not so confident of winning it from here.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:50:02 AM »
Wow is all i will say about the darts last night.

Anderson proved ALOT of people wrong, he is the form horse at the min, and i expect an anderson v webster final, and webster  to take it down.
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 17:48:44 PM »
Anderson was on fire last night and Webster was really solid. The only problem is how will Anderson react to the pressure now he is expected to win it. I think he will be fine and expect to see him take it down tomorrow. Webster vs Lewis is the game to watch this evening I think.

Webster to win 6-4 tonight
Anderson to win 6-3 tonight

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 19:11:18 PM »
Very poor cash session today - lost two buyins neither of which I should.

The first one I get AK and make a reraise. from 90p to £4. The flop comes 3-3-6 and I c-bet £6 into the pot of £4. he then shoves for £20. So its £15 to call. This is probably a fold but I convince myself it should be a call - he shows 6-6 and there is no help on the turn or river.

The next one I have AJ (with which I have raised) and a short stack shoves over the top of me. I somehow completely miss the fact that a bigger stack have shoved before him and call what I think is about £5 but it is actually about £20. I lose and end the seesion down £56.

Not happy with that as I was planning to come off about 10 minutes before but was a little bit down (about £10) and was trying to bring it back. Both of those hands happened in the last 10 minutes. I really must stop doing that. I am sure if I ended all of my cash sessions 30 minutes earlier my bottom line would be far better.

Total loss now: -£53.56

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 17:30:28 PM »
Saw this for the first time in years today. This wsa great back in the day when I was a computer tech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d85p7JZXNy8

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 17:44:10 PM »
Hmm Cash poker sure is going well so far. I am currently sitting down £120 on the year. I have quite simply made too many mistakes. Earlier today I was in the big blind and the button raises. I am sat with £24 as I have not bothered to rebuy. I call the raise with As7s. The flop comes down a helpful

jh-7c-Ac

I check and he bets £1.20 into a pot of £2.10. I raise to £4.20 and he flats. The pot is now £10.50. The turn comes 10h and I bet £7, he calls again. The river comes 9c. I check, he shoves and it is another £12 to me into a pot of £35. I make a poor call. I should have saved £12 here. He shows me the nut flush.

I reckon I have lost at least £60 to bad play over the first three days. Yes there have been a few coolers as well, I has KK outdraw by QQ for a monster pot of £110 allin preflop and also hit a set of sixs only for my opponent to show me a set of aces. These will even themselves out but the amount of money I am currently dropping to poor play is a concern. 4 buyins down is not a good start to this year.

To mention some of the hands I won, the biggest was a pot of £55 when I get allin with QQ against K-10 preflop. Unfortunately that was the player who took it back with his QQ against my KK lol.

I also won a nice pot with a set of 10"s against top pair. Sky Poker does not let me see hand histories so I don"t know exactly what it was, I do know those are the ony two hands I have won more than £10 in though so far.

Total loss this year = £121.67

If I drop more than £200 I will drop down to the 10p/20p tables until I have made it up.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 17:59:20 PM by AAroddersAA »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 18:39:29 PM »
I am currently wondering if Mr Lewis can do it tonight. It would be great to see him take this one down but I think Anderson might have the edge.

duke3016

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
    • ChezGer
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 18:42:17 PM »

I am currently wondering if Mr Lewis can do it tonight. It would be great to see him take this one down but I think Anderson might have the edge.

currently 7/4 odds on Lewis, I personally think he can do it.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 22:47:13 PM »

currently 7/4 odds on Lewis, I personally think he can do it.

Good shout, pleased to see lewis win. He has been due for a while and after he beat Taylor earlier this year he has been in great form. I reckon he will do well in the premier league.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2011, 20:37:17 PM »
Total loss - £203

Should not have played tonight but did anyway and lost the best part of three buyins. This was certainly down to bad play not getting unlucky so no excuses for it. Going to stop playing (will play the final APAT league game but just that one) until I get back from Spain now.

The way the cards have run I could forgive myself for being down by about £50 but have dropped an extra £150 (5 buyins). It is hard to win five buyins *lol*. Tonight was basically a case of chasing money and trying to outplay players that I nevcer should have. I was trying to bluff in bad spots and this cost me, then I started seeing flops with poor hands (K-J UTG and that sort of thing) trying to hit big. Obviously this is never going to work. Annoying as I much prefer to do things the easy way !!!! I was probably due a bad run as I have not had one for the best part of six months but would have liked a better story to start this with. I remember a time when dropping £200 in a week would have left me in shock and never wanting to play poker again. Can"t say I am over the moon about it now mind you :-)