Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257301 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Back to reality - 2011
« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2011, 10:59:39 AM »
Just played my first session since I said I would restart this. I was down £50, this is my worst session since I stopped this!!!!

I will keep trying to do updates on this but it"s really strange, whenever I start putting results on any kind of public forum I start to lose. I was killing the game last month just playing without posting but we will try again later and see wher it goes.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2011, 13:08:55 PM »
Made a quick change to the setup of my PC"s and monitors, lets hope that helps the afternoon session

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2011, 14:12:00 PM »
Had a break even session this afternoon. Happy enough with how I played it but right at the end of the session I got it allin with AA on a flop where I was called by the flush draw. The actions went like this. I have £24 and my opponent has about £20. I have AA UTG and raise it to £0.80. He raises it to £1.80 so I make it £4 (probably not enough. The flop comes down Quuen high with two diamonds. I bet out £6 into a pot of just over £8. He shoves and I call. He hits and a £40+ pot goes to him, was a bit annoyed about this so cut the session short.

I might have brought it on myself though by not 4-Betting enough preflop, but reviewing this I am not sure I did too much wrong. Played pretty well in general, will be back later to report on later sessions. I am still £50 down today though,  one pretty bad mistake but nothing major other than that.

jbworldwide

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum Member
  • APAT League Controller
« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2011, 14:36:25 PM »

Had a break even session this afternoon. Happy enough with how I played it but right at the end of the session I got it allin with AA on a flop where I was called by the flush draw. The actions went like this. I have £24 and my opponent has about £20. I have AA UTG and raise it to £0.80. He raises it to £1.80 so I make it £4 (probably not enough. The flop comes down Quuen high with two diamonds. I bet out £6 into a pot of just over £8. He shoves and I call. He hits and a £40+ pot goes to him, was a bit annoyed about this so cut the session short.

I might have brought it on myself though by not 4-Betting enough preflop, but reviewing this I am not sure I did too much wrong. Played pretty well in general, will be back later to report on later sessions. I am still £50 down today though,  one pretty bad mistake but nothing major other than that.

You are thinking about the AA all wrong. Why would you want him out of the pot? you want to get max value from aces. Also he made the mistake of shoving the flush draw on the flop, he will lose money in the long run doing this. (Although granted it is better to shove than call.)

Your 3 bet pre flop is fine, again you are being results orientated. You want him to shove with the worst hand. remember you are 85% against any two cards pre flop.

I can"t comment on the percentages after because I don"t know the board, but if he hasn"t connected and is shoving a flush draw under a queen only he is about 30%
APAT League Controller

jbworldwide (PokerStars)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2011, 15:19:28 PM »

You are thinking about the AA all wrong. Why would you want him out of the pot? you want to get max value from aces. Also he made the mistake of shoving the flush draw on the flop, he will lose money in the long run doing this. (Although granted it is better to shove than call.)

Your 3 bet pre flop is fine, again you are being results orientated. You want him to shove with the worst hand. remember you are 85% against any two cards pre flop.

I can"t comment on the percentages after because I don"t know the board, but if he hasn"t connected and is shoving a flush draw under a queen only he is about 30%

I am pretty sure every play I make in the hand is +EV

However I am supposed to raise more here preflop. Completely happy with how I played the hand but after he makes it £1.80 with his 4Bet I think I could make it more. OK in this one hand it might have folded him out but I honestly thought he had a much stronger hand. Therefore I should probably make it more than £4 here. £5.50 would be better?

Or is it fine as played? I want to make a decent sized pot to be able to commit both players on the flop right?

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2011, 17:23:33 PM »
OK, just played a session and made £16 back. Again unsure what I could have done different. Might have mad a bad call in one hand when I had JJ. I raise it up to £1 after one limper and get a call and see a flop of 2-K-9, rainbow. He check to me. I c-bet £1.50, my opponent calls. I the turn was a blank and he checks. I also check. The river is another blank, no flush is on, not real str8 draws.

He bets out £3 and I call, it kinda looked like a King all the way through so I probably lost $3 I didn"t need to there. I have not really been leaking much money though. Will be having another crack later of course. Still losing £34 today.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2011, 23:44:20 PM »
Well managed to retrieve the situation up to a point. I ended the day a fiver down which I can live with after being £50 down earlier today. I have reviewed the sessions - played about 5 hours worth of 6 tables over the day.

My first mistake was an AQ hand. I raised from the cur off to 80p and the button made it £2, he was playing about £9 and I had a full stack. I had already had to fold a hand to him not too much earlier and so I shoved my AQ. He called with AA. This is a poor play. The raise is OK and I can call the 3-bet although it would be better to fold. Basically lost £8 I did not need to lose. on this hand.

This was about the only hand all day which was terrible though. I had a few coolers. My flopped straight lost to top two pair when it made a full house (Omaha, so not as bad as it sounds). I had set under set and also had the AA hand I mention above.

Will continue with this blog for the month and see how it goes. I could play some hands on 888.com as I am not liking not being able to post hand histories.

Does anybody know if 888.com is much tougher than Sky in terms of competition?

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: May 09, 2011, 22:37:26 PM »
Fell asleep so forgot to update yesterday. Basically I won £45 online in a very uninteresting day. I wish that all of my poker days went like that. I did lose a buyin getting AA AIPF against QQ, however I won the money back off the same guy in a similar situation. I made a set Vs his overpair so it didn"t make a huge difference. I am £40 up this month though. I did not play today as only got back from work at 8pm and needed to go to Tesco.

I played the APAT Div 2 yesterday and ended up 11th I could have folded into a min cash but winning $13 didn"t excite me that much so when I shoved my J-7 into A-8 I was not to disappointed.

I played two small bounty hunters on Sky. I have no idea of the correct way to play these I never get any heads. I min cashed in them both and ended up losing money (only about £2 but still). Also missed the Chezger league today (sorry Ger and Tighty) but will probably play the Blonde Poker version tomorrow. Will probably not play a worthwhile online session now until Thursday as I am going to be working until 7pm most of the week but will do a good session that day with updates.

I sense a good run coming on the pokerz. I do hope I am correct since November I haven"t really been firing and even though I am nearly £700 up over most types of poker this year (Cash and tourneys, live and online) I feel I am not really doing myself justice. The breakdown is this fwiw (I did play one home game that is not included but made £55 in it)

Live Cash = +£231 (5 sessions)
Online Cash = +£374 (disappointing to say the least)
Online Tournaments = -£52
Live Tournaments = +£125 (4 events inc Home Nations)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: May 12, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »
Had a degen moment last night. Was playing in the sat for SPT Cardiff and found a bad player on my table who was also playing 50p/£1 PLO so decided I was going to take a shot on that table. It was all going well and I was up to about £120 when I got it allin with A-A-J-3 with one of my aces sooted. I lost the hand though (as can easily happen in PLO). So lost myself £100 there. Not worried about it as I was definitely a favorite in the game even though its above the limit I should be playing as I am not really comfortable at that limit online.

Anyway will go back to playing 10p/20p and 15p/30p today as I just feel much happier at that limit even though in reaity the standard is not very different.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: May 12, 2011, 11:26:43 AM »
Playing a bit at the moment.

Was up about a buyin, then just had this hand. I raised to 80p with KJ from the cut off and get called by both blinds. The flop comes down K-A-J with two diamonds. The pot is £2.40 so I bet out £2. The SB folded but the BB raises to £6.50.

After thinking for a while I shoved and got called by AK. THe shove might have been bad there as it is quite unlikely I get called by worse as a raggy ace probably folds to that.

EDIT - Couldn"t get it going properly this morning, down £12. Will try again later.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:34:02 AM by AAroddersAA »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: May 12, 2011, 14:52:08 PM »
Not looking that great today. I was doing finr and had brought myself back to being about £10 up for the day. Then 3 of my six tables emptied and there were no other tables to play.

I brought up and Omaha table (still 10pm/20p) and lost £44 in 10 minutes on there. I won"t go into the details but I was in front every time the money went in. This has put me down about £55 for the day. Don"t think I am going to be keeping this going for much longer as it does seem to have a negative impact on my results but oh well, I might turn it around yet.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: May 12, 2011, 15:10:57 PM »
Down £39 in total today, only two buyins might be able to recover if I decide to play another session

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »
Decided I would have one more night of being a degen last night so hit the £100 PLO tables again.

+£182 - It seems quads are quite good and getting them twice helps.

Hmm OK that was fun, think I had best go back to being sensible now and playing the normal games. Out today though so won"t be until tomorrow.

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2011, 03:22:09 AM »
Bump
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2011, 13:44:10 PM »
Hello

Going try to bring this back after DTD, based on some people apparently wanting to read it (God knows why). Last time I tried it I seemed to play worse because of it (not sure why) but that might just have been a bad run so I will try again.

I have not been playing a great deal at the moment as I have been stupidly busy with work. Hopefully that is now going to calm down.

I have been playing some PLO online with fairly mixed results but am about $200 up on the PLO Deep stacked tables on Pokerstars. I should be more like $350 up but spent a day playing on tilt and managed to burn through $150 in total, most due to my poor play. As I am off work the week after next I will be playing some and seeing how I perform.

Not playing so much on Sky now, I will still play a bit to support Blonde leagues and that sort of thing but am going to take cash games back to Pokerstar"s as the PLO games run much more there and that is what I would like to learn to be better at. Will still play Holdem as well of course.

I have played no live poker since May but will be playing some cash at DTD as well as the main event and PLO tournaments, will also play some of the online events.

Hopefully the break from poker might make me feel a bit more like playing again (not sure if this will actually work). Looking forward to DTD but more because it will be a chance to see all the APATer"s again and I have not gone on a APAT weekend since Newcastle back whenever that was. I am going to arrive on Friday and stay until Tuesday morning so basically get 4 full days (as I will get there at around 2pm on Friday).

Oh and I have also made a twitter account http://twitter.com/#!/AAroddersAA. Not sure why I need twitter when I have Facebook but it seems to be the in thing to do so why not. I need more followers so please start following :-)

I will tweet some updates at some point or another. Right OK back to work then.