Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257089 times)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
Re: Rodder's Boring Blog about Poker and Random stuff
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2011, 22:16:23 PM »

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2011, 22:19:55 PM »

OMFG!!!  Imma strangle him well and truly!  Told him you were asking for him and the best he can come up with is that cheesy smiley?!  Soz Rod...I tried.  Sigh.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2011, 09:20:30 AM »
Well bring this back did some good anyway as it brought Jack out of hiding. Looking forward to seeing both of ya at DTD obv.

In between then and now I have been invited to two football games on Saturday, One is a Premiership game involving my home town"s team (Swansea), one is a Blue Square Premier game involving some team from somewhere I used to live in a previous life dressed in orange. They are basically Wales two top teams though (cos any team with a stadium that looks like it should be at Lego-land does not count *lol*).

Which one should I go too?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2011, 10:39:46 AM »
Swansea, not Newport.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
Re: Back to reality - 2011
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2011, 10:55:29 AM »

Oh and I have also made a twitter account http://twitter.com/#!/AAroddersAA. Not sure why I need twitter when I have Facebook but it seems to be the in thing to do so why not. I need more followers so please start following :-)

I use Twitter for just poker/sport/interest matters...... I use Facebook for hearing mindless/useless/pointless matters that I couldn"t really care about anyway!!  :P

I"m following you on Twitter.......

Now read this  ;D
V
V
V
V
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2011, 11:22:00 AM »
Flip a coin imo.  Heads - you go Swansea.  Tails - you go tango.  Simples.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2011, 00:17:13 AM »
I think I am going to watch the orange football match on Saturday.

This is probably sad but I was bored earlier I started looking for amusing things to watch on you tube. This channel assumed me for some reason :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m0YYy9lqqs&playnext=1&list=PLF182E6D3031ABF70

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:56 AM »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #188 on: August 18, 2011, 23:34:11 PM »
I will be glad when it is the weekend this week. I worked all through last weekend so will have done 11 straight days where I have been there for at least 10 hours (more in most cases). A large amount of this has been spent listening to calls from various contact centres and without going into to many fo the boring details it has been pretty mind numbing. On the plus side I am only in work for 3 days next week until Wednesday and I am then off until 8th September.

This weekend however I am going to watch the football in Newport. Way way back in a previous life before, I had ever even thought about playing poker or met anybody who plays APAT or any other events I was a regular Newport County fan (only they were called Newport AFC then) and they were in what what then called the Beazer Homes League. I did not miss a home game for two years at one time and was a regular at the ground for about 5 years. I also went to some of their first games after they were formed and at their old ground (which is now houses). I was also offered tickets to a Swansea City game thsi weekend against Wigan but felt like a blast from the past as it will only be a one off (although I might dig the old orange Scarf out) .

It is over 10 years since I last went to one of their games but two mates of mine are season ticket holders and I got invited along to see their first conference home game. I am actually quite looking forward to it. We are going to the club bar first to watch the Arsenal Vs Liverpool game and then to a few random pubs in Newport after until I get tired and go home and leave them to what I am guessing will be a very late night.

Today at lunch I gave a collegue some PLO lessons today, I showed him how to make profitable plays by thinking about what your opponent could have based on flop texture and the action and to play accordingly, I sounded really clever explaining how when you raise the turn, a call normally indicates a draw or a medium strength hand trying to get to showdown and other such brilliant things. I lost $30 of his money in the process. Well he can"t expect such wizdom for free can he *lol*

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2011, 09:19:28 AM »
Off to see Newport today which should be fun, off the Bar Amber first to watch The Liverpool game though.

Should all be good fun - and a week today I am playing the WCOAP day 1a.

Good luck to all apater"s playing the DTD GP

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2011, 22:24:17 PM »
Had a great weekend. Went to see the football where Newport County drew 0-0 with Grimsby. Watched the Liverpool game in the bar before the game and the Chelsea game after, very nice and very different to how I remember it. Next time I will be sampling the food before the game though. Went to a birthday party after and had a few pints and some great food there, was a great weekend, hope to do some more like it soon.

Stayed in Newport on Sunday and came back to Swansea this morning, before work. Very much looking forward to DTD now, only two more days in work and 4 more sleeps until I get there on Friday, gonna be another great weekend. A lot of people who I have not seen for ages I am really looking forward to seeing and getting a drink for.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2011, 12:13:20 PM »
Hello WCOAP 2011, APAT's premier festival begins today at the best card room in Europe Dusk Till Dawn.

Unfortunately I am not going until tomorrow but will be following online. Obviously supporting Wales in the team event and friends in the side event (stud today I think). I am driving up and intending to be there for 2pm tomorrow, quick check in and then over to DTD.

I am only playing cash tomorrow but I doubt that will last long as more people arrive. I am really looking forward to this event, not that concerned about how I do poker wise at the moment although that will probably change when I get to DTD but more expecting a really good weekend with some of the finest people around.

Playing the main event and PLO (not playing 6-max as need to watch the grand prix).

Today I will be washing my car, I don"t normally drive to APAT's but it"s over an hour quicker than getting on the train door to door. I will probably end up stopping at the services for a coffee though.

Also today packing and getting everything that I need before making the trip.

See everybody tomorrow :-)

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2011, 12:42:19 PM »
See you tomorrow Steve!

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: August 25, 2011, 13:39:47 PM »

See you tomorrow Steve!

Are we there yet?????

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #194 on: August 31, 2011, 15:45:15 PM »
Had a disappointing WCOAP, played badly in both the main event and in the Omaha. Was good to see people as always but poker did not go very well. Not sure why but these days I just cannot imagine myself sitting a a table playing poker for 10+ hours with only short breaks. It just feels so boring and there always seems to be better things to do especially at APAT events. Not too long ago I used to be able to sit at a table and not play a hand for two hours quite easily, now that is just not going to happen.

Anyway going to give playing online another go instead of playing live for now.

I am off work until a week tomorrow which I am going to spend playing some online poker. Hopefully it will go well. I am currently happy enough with my online game although I make too many bad calls on the turn and river.

Live though, I have not played a tournament where I felt I have played well since APAT Luton last year. I know the mistakes I am making and could write them all down and what I should do in the situations in which I get myself into trouble. I still keep making the mistakes though. It"s therefore a case between now and the end of the year, start playing well (I don"t need to get results just play well to my own satisfaction) or "give up" serious live poker. I would still probably play some APAT events and other local things but would stop pretending that I am taking them in any way seriously give up trying to see where I went wrong and trying to improve it in any formal way.

Will post later online cash results.