Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257114 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Rodder's Boring Blog about Poker and Random stuff
« Reply #225 on: October 05, 2011, 20:30:28 PM »
This is a ghost writer. Rodder"s is away on an important mission. There is apparently no certainty that his mission will be successful. I don"t know if he is looking for a golden ring, it would seem to fit the situation, but I think it more likely he is hunting for that box of luck he left somewhere in season 4. He was saying he had go on the mission as Duke and Jack told him too? I am unsure what he means.

Not that he ever makes much sense, being Welsh seems to mean he has a poor grip on the English language but I think it was a kind of street he was looking for, or it might have been Jesus. Oh and something about favour"s owed to him from the dim distant past (something about an ntl: whatever that is).

I am hopeful that he will return at sometime on the weekend and clear all the confusion up. Hopefully he will get back to Swansea before he is due in Luton to play for Blonde Poker. So if anybody sees him or hears from him can they let us know and ask him what this strange mission involves?
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2011, 21:40:57 PM »
Rod, i thought i told you to stop taking that stuff
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2011, 21:49:42 PM »

Feck that...where can I get some?
“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2011, 17:50:40 PM »

PMSL

I have no idea what Darren is on about. The mission was a very difficult one and needed a great amount of skill. It involved ensuring that I was off work and have everything covered well enough to spend a week in Vegas.

Duke said "find a way"

So after running into various Avenues and Circles, I finally came across a way. I did try putting my faith in Jesus as when I searched the internet for "a way" it told me Jesus was the only way, I thought this was strange at the time given that he did not exist.  Anyway I can now confirm that this method does not work either, if you want something doing you have to do it yourself.

Being the awesome person I am though I managed to solve all the problems and have now got a nice week in Vegas all booked up. GET IN.

On to the weekend then. Up at 5am tomorrow to watch the rugby then probably go to watch Newport play Southport.

Will discuss Vegas plans with everybody in Luton.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
  • Fat Charlie Sheen - @GrantSpeirs
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2011, 00:51:30 AM »
Nice one Rodders, mission accomplished  8)
APAT Scottish Amateur Champion 2011 :~)
APAT Online North America PLO Champion 2011
Chipaccrual's Big APAT Christmas End Of Year Quiz Champion 2011
2012 Scottish Captain @ ECOAP
APAT Online Irish PLO Champion 2013
APAT Online Scottish Champion 2017

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2011, 12:48:03 PM »
Yesterday was an interesting day. Started well early, and watched the rugby. I am very excited about Wales looking really good. Not counting any chickens but it would be so good if we got to the final. I make us slight favorites to do so but we must not underestimate France. It would be just like them to pull a performance out of the hat now.

Then went to Newport for the football in the afternoon. It was Justin Edinburgh"s first game in charge of county and he came out to a great reaction and there was a real buzz in the bar before hand and in the ground. Reminded me of the old days at Somerton Park. When County nearly scored from the kick off the crowd really started to get behind them and we were saying how the season is likely to get back on track now. Then it all fell apart. Southport were winning the mid-field battle with ease and quickly went 1-0 up. The team tried to respond and so did the crowd. Two long throws toward the end of the first half resulted in a half timer score of 3-0. The second half did go slightly better which gives hope for the future of the new manager but a 3-0 defeat was not a good start.

I was pleased with the fact everybody stayed behind the team right until the end and kept singing all the way through. After the match everybody was still pretty positive about things so hopefully a few good performances and things will turn around.

We then headed into Newport to drown our sorrows which we did successfully. Came back to Swansea this morning after watching the rugby, next weekend should be interesting, Hope to be watching Wales Vs New Zealand in Luton.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #231 on: October 09, 2011, 20:55:10 PM »
Love this APAT league and 888

***** Cassava Hand History for Game 313132605 *****
$75/$150 Blinds No Limit Holdem - *** 09 10 2011 20:51:26
Tournament #33302851 $10 + $1 - Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 2 is the button
Total number of players : 7
Seat 1: _AAroddersAA ( $1,775 )
Seat 2: PBevilbow ( $4,662 )
Seat 5: colmcgg ( $4,739 )
Seat 6: cormach1 ( $2,627 )
Seat 7: avongirl888 ( $1,103 )
Seat 9: biggeezy33 ( $3,058 )
Seat 10: Wiseman74 ( $1,508 )
colmcgg posts small blind [$75]
cormach1 posts big blind [$150]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to _AAroddersAA [ Qd, Ad ]
avongirl888 folds
biggeezy33 calls [$150]
Wiseman74 folds
_AAroddersAA raises [$1,775]
PBevilbow raises [$3,400]
colmcgg folds
cormach1 folds
biggeezy33 folds
** Dealing flop ** [ Kd, 5s, 3h ]
** Dealing turn ** [ 2d ]
** Dealing river ** [ 6h ]
** Summary **
_AAroddersAA shows [ Qd, Ad ]
PBevilbow shows [ Td, 4c ]
PBevilbow collected [ $3,925 ]

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #232 on: October 09, 2011, 23:57:13 PM »
Unlucky Steve, that hurts  :o

just  ::)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2011, 10:11:16 AM »
So I go to the bank yesterday intending to take some money out to buy some extra dollars. I want a larger than normal withdrawal (not massive but large enough you can"t do it across the counter) so have to go to a special desk and fill in a form. They also need me to provide ID. All seems very reasonable. I fill in the form and hand over my driving licence.

The pretty young girl behind the counter looks at the form and at my licence and says the signatures don"t match. I look at them and she is right they don"t (I signed the licence about 16 years ago and now sign differently). OK, I say shall I just fill in another form. She explained that I can"t do that, so I say OK, I"m going to need another form of ID? She explained that I don"t really require that either. So what do I need to do?

Come back later and fill in another form and ask somebody to else for the withdrawal? Eh? How does this protect my personal information? I decide to just leave it and go back on the weekend to do it. *lol*

Not in work today so going to play some pokers.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2011, 12:08:51 PM »
So Wales are out of the Rugby World Cup.

We went down fighting and today every Welsh rugby fan can wear the shirt with pride. Just like the team wore it with pride and passion throughout the tournament, the way they have represented our county and conducted themselves also brings great pride in them. This game was really tough on them, going down to 14 men after 20 minutes due to a spear tackle was unlucky. My first reaction was that there was no way that it could be a red card and a terrible decision, however thinking about it since, it could only be called a spear tackle, a spear tackle is defined as when one player lifts another into the air and dumps them upside down, and that is what happened. The IRB laws state that this is a straight red card, so I would have to say yes Sam Warburton did have to go off. He conducted himself well accepting the decision as you would expect, as did the team. Of course that is just an expectation in rugby.

The response of the team was what we have come to expect from this group of players, they did not lie down and roll over but fought with all they had, another great defensive display with all the character in the world. Their skill and fitness is tremendous, the team is mainly young and hopefully they will have other days like this, they fought right up until the end. Yes there were missed kicks and you cannot do that at this level but Wales showed the world what they are made of.

To be honest I was pretty impressed by France as well, there was the natural outburst"s of anti-French feeling around the Welsh after we lost such a close game where we performed so well and a win would have been so good but before the game everybody pretty much agreed it was going to be difficult for France to win this one. The first 20 minutes seemed to back that up as Wales were in control. Then Wales were down to 14 and suddenly France had a chance of the World Cup Final. France then did what they had to do, it was not pretty, it was not good to watch but they kept the ball and whilst they did not look like creating much outside of the penalties they did get the job done and gave their fans a World Cup Final to look forward too. I can"t fault them for this and have to give them some credit. FRance are of course known for being able to be brilliant in one game. Well now they only have to win one game. I can"t see them beating New Zealand, but if they are playing Australia then you never know.

As for Wales, the young players now have great experience and although they lost this game I just can"t see it as a failure and I doubt anybody else will. Going forward to the Six Nations early in the new year I think we start as favorites and it has been a while since we can say that.

Anyway onward"s and upwards as they say. Newport County Vs Tamworth today, after a great win in mid week we need another three points today to ensure we start to climb up the table and out of trouble.

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
Well said Rodders. Gutted for you. I think the sending-off decision was technically correct to the letter of the law but surely he could have exercised some discretion and handled it more sympathetically?

I wouldn"t rule out France against the All Blacks either. It"s the French that knocked them out of the 1999 & 2007 World Cups when they were massive underdogs and the All Blacks have gained a reputation (arguably undeserved) of being World Cup "bottlers", not having actually won the thing since 1987.

Santino67

• Platinum Member
    • Bebo & Facebook
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2011, 13:01:05 PM »

Well said Rodders. Gutted for you. I think the sending-off decision was technically correct to the letter of the law but surely he could have exercised some discretion and handled it more sympathetically?

I wouldn"t rule out France against the All Blacks either. It"s the French that knocked them out of the 1999 & 2007 World Cups when they were massive underdogs and the All Blacks have gained a reputation (arguably undeserved) of being World Cup "bottlers", not having actually won the thing since 1987.

Aren"t Australia still in then  :P

technolog

• Platinum Member
  • Happy chappy
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2011, 13:10:04 PM »
Oops. Yes of course. I just fancy NZ to beat "em.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: October 18, 2011, 17:47:39 PM »
OK, the pokers are interesting at the moment. I am bored with online cash games so started playing those 180 man $4.50 jobbies on Stars. Run pretty well and made a few final tables since the start of the weekend to make some small S. Still useless in the APAT league this season, got knocked out by Frank who decided to have a hand when I decided he didn"t. The shove was crap though and I should have check/called.

I am getting everything in work sorted in time for my week off next week. I will be going to Luton on Saturday where my main plan is to help Blonde take down the team championship. I expect to have done that by Monday and will be traveling back. Tuesday and Wednesday is for Vegas prep, still have a efw things I need to do so two speare days will be a good chance.

[X] ESTA
[X] Dollars Bought
[ ] Medical letter
[X] Medication Transport packs
[X] Hotel at airport booked
[ ] Train ticket to Manchester airport
[X] Various bit"s and pieces bought
[ ] Get mobile phone unlocked to use US SIM
[ ] Convince Darren Shallis to stop dithering and book Vegas

As you can see I have enough to keep me busy. I have bought my SIM card for the states. Dunno how to use it but I expect Paulie will help :-)

All this needs to be done in those two days. Then I am off to London for a couple of days, it"s like a mini warm up for Vegas (the proper warm up is in Manchester on the 16th). I did manage to get myself a free upgrade to a club room there by complaining about the fact their call center did not do a security check when I called them - silly call center also got a bottle of wine and bowl of fruit thrown in. Not great but not bad considering strictly speaking my inquiry did not even require a security check.

I will be returning on the Saturday in time for Newport County Vs Braintree.

Speaking of which we have Kettering tonight, I was thinking of doing the 120 mile round trip to see the game but will give it a miss this time and follow it online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLUl8xkKSTk
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 20:11:03 PM by AAroddersAA »

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: October 19, 2011, 02:44:53 AM »
[ ] Convince Darren Shallis to stop dithering and book Vegas

do this plez x
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013