Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257105 times)

noble1

• Platinum Member
Re: Rodder's Boring Blog about Poker and Random stuff
« Reply #255 on: November 03, 2011, 04:37:11 AM »

I have now made 600 post on this forum and need some of you clever people to settle an argument for me. Which of these activities would you stay classifies as a sport?

Football
Formula One

WWF Wrestling
Pool
Bar Billiards
Shove H"penny
Snooker
Darts
Chess
Poker
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:39:14 AM by noble1 »

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
« Reply #256 on: November 03, 2011, 09:58:28 AM »

I have now made 600 post on this forum and need some of you clever people to settle an argument for me. Which of these activities would you stay classifies as a sport?

Football
Formula One
WWF Wrestling
Pool
Bar Billiards
Shove H"penny
Snooker
Darts
Chess
Poker

Sport: Football, Formula One, Pool, Snooker, Darts

Game: Bar Billiards, Shove H"penny, Chess, Poker

Entertainment: WWF Wrestling.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

thinsy147

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
  • I can play better....... I never have, but I can!!
    • HendonMob Database
« Reply #257 on: November 03, 2011, 10:30:12 AM »

Football
Formula One
WWF Wrestling
Pool
Bar Billiards
Shove H"penny
Snooker
Darts
Chess
Poker

Sport: Football, Formula One, Pool, Snooker, Darts

Game: Bar Billiards, Shove H"penny, Chess, Poker

+1
(Luton 2010 Bronze Medal Winner)
(Online 2020 Silver Medal Winner)

GOLD MEDAL COMING IN 2030

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #258 on: November 03, 2011, 10:51:47 AM »
Sport: Football, Formula One

Game: Pool, Snooker, Darts, Bar Billiards, Shove H"penny, Chess, Poker

“Thor has Mjolnir but I have a banhammer. I think I win”

Waz1892

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #259 on: November 03, 2011, 11:29:56 AM »

Sport: Football, Formula One

Game: Pool, Snooker, Darts, Bar Billiards, Shove H"penny, Chess, Poker

Hard to argue with this, other than WWF.

Entertainment CBBC: WWF Wrestling
Carpe Diem
Member of East of England Poker Club
Team member APAT forum 2013

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #260 on: November 03, 2011, 11:35:54 AM »
Sorry...I assumed WWF Wrestling meant fighting a panda....hence entertainment.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #261 on: November 03, 2011, 18:20:46 PM »
IN 14 days time we will be coming into land !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog needs to start to revert to be a bit more about the pokers soon also as opposed to random posts.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #262 on: November 03, 2011, 18:27:23 PM »

IN 14 days time we will be coming into land !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blog needs to start to revert to be a bit more about the pokers soon also as opposed to random posts.

are you as excited as me? its all i can think about now, off to poker tonight with phil and the stockton fossil and it will be all we talk about there i am sure.

The apat being announced has just made it worse!!!
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #263 on: November 03, 2011, 19:32:12 PM »

are you as excited as me? its all i can think about now, off to poker tonight with phil and the stockton fossil and it will be all we talk about there i am sure.

The apat being announced has just made it worse!!!

Fking tell me about it

At around this time in 14 days or 336 Hours or 20160 Minutes that flight is going to like Redbull.

After travelling to Manchester to get onto that flight,oh the poor people on that flight who know not what they have let themselves in for. A night in a hotel in Manchester forcing ourselves to be sensible, whilst just wanting to let loose and get the holiday underway. Checking in, Going through security, boarding the flight and then - THE TAKE OFF.

After hours of flying over the Nevada Desert the bright lights will be visible. After 9.5 hours of flying we will be able to see them getting closer, larger we will start to make out certain places. The advanced scouts such as Paulie_D and Curlarge on the ground will be considering getting the beers in on the strip for the arrival.

The seat belt signs will come on as they prepare to dim the cabin lights for landing.

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru
« Reply #264 on: November 03, 2011, 20:16:11 PM »
I hate to burst a bubble or two...

After hours of flying over the Nevada Desert the bright lights will be visible.

No you won"t...it"ll be daytime.

After 9.5 hours of flying we will be able to see them getting closer, larger we will start to make out certain places.

More like 10.5 hours...and probably not...you actually land with the plane coming in perpendicular to the Strip...so the view is pretty restricted unless you"re in the cockpit.

The advanced scouts such as Paulie_D and Curlarge on the ground will be considering getting the beers in on the strip for the arrival.

No....I won"t be considering "getting the beers in"....I"ll be feeding my face at Toby Keith"s putting in a good bedding for the alcohol fueled frenzy later.

The seat belt signs will come on as they prepare to dim the cabin lights for landing.

Sorry...they turn the cabin lights ON for landing for greater visibility in case of emergency.

Other than that...not bad.;D

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #265 on: November 04, 2011, 12:47:50 PM »
My thoughts on the sports question

Poker, Chess, Shove h"penny, Bar Billiards, WWF wrestling are NOT sports
Darts and pool may be sports or maybe games, I am unsure
Snooker, Formula One, Football are definitely sports

So anyway, I need to get back into the pokerz a bit I think. I have definitely lost my interest lately although I had a relatively good showing in the last APAT event (about time). Right now I definitely can"t muster up the enthusiasm to start grinding low limit online cash games but probably can play some little tournaments (they take a lot less concentration).

My game is still a bit of a mess as well, I keep knocking myself out of tournaments by making moves that I know I can"t do. I know how my game works I should stick to it. I know how to pick out decent spots and should not be trying to find extra spots where I am doing silly things. I should be playing good solid poker, not just ABC but making the reads I know I can make and following logical steps to pick up chips in easy situations. I really would like a good showing in Vegas (it would be the ultimate APAT to win).

Have registered for a few small tournaments on Pokerstar"s this afternoon so will report on those, think I will leave playing online cash until I get back from Vegas though. Maybe a month after as I am likely to be pokered out.

Will play both online APAT tournaments tomorrow and probably add a Stars tournament or two to that. Next year I want to try and get myself back to playing as I did in my pre-APAT days. Recently I have overdone sessions far too often and tried to jump up levels if I lose a few sessions (I have actually run quite well when doing this but that is not the point).

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: November 06, 2011, 10:14:46 AM »
Played a bit of the Pokers over the last couple of days. I am pretty happy overall with how I played although trhere are a few spots I could have played better in. As I said previously I have not currently got the motivation to get down to grinding cash but hope to get back to it in December, will have to see how it goes though.

Anyway Over the last couple of days I have played the following tournaments:_

4x180 Man $4.40 (Pokerstars)
The Big $11 (Pokerstars)
The APAT North American Online
The APAT North American Omaha

In the little 180"s I generally did OK but did not run that great and did not manage to get a cash, a couple of deep runs before losing out in spots I could not have done much about.

The Omaha game I think I was playing well. I lost a huge pot where I don"t think I did much wrong. I have KsJhTc9h with the blinds at 125/250 with a 25 ante. I am in the BB and after 3 limpers the SB raises to  With this hand I have plenty of equity to see the flop so I call, there is another caller behind me and the flop comes down 9c-3s-Qh. So I have basically flopped the world with a pair and a wrap. I decide that with this hand there is no harm in trying to take what is there and shove the entire pot. THe original raiser have aces and we get it in and I miss my draws. I go out shortly after but think I played that quite well and got my money in good.

THe Hold'em Game. I got down to about 25 left when there was an EP raise and I have KJ on the button. Now all night I have been avoiding these spots and had plenty of chips (18K although slightly below average) to find something better but for some reason I call the raise to 3800. This is a really big raise and not something I should be calling with this hand. Anyway the flop comes down K-Q-9 which is as good as I could have hoped for really (top pair and a gutshot). There is 10K in the middle and the preflop raiser shoves. I don"t like it but have got myself into the spot now. I have 14,000 left and there is 38K to win. I call and she shows AA I miss my out"s and that was gg. Don"t think I played that hand very well. Should have just folded pre to that raise.

Anyway through all of this I was busily playing the Big $11, the tournament started out with 8950 players. I successfully made my way to the cash and then despite being short-stacked managed to continue to make progress and find spots. I reshove in a couple of good spots and steal some blinds. I make my way to the top 100 and climb up to 5th in chips. I then have to fold a few spots and drop back a bit. I make the final 3 tables and start to think I am looking OK for a bink here ($10K for the winner). I have a difficult seat though I have raised 3 times from the button and the SB has 3-bet me every time. He has done the same to the player to my right. I then get dealt A8s on the button, when it folds to me I have to raise, the SB 3-Bets me and the BB folds. I shove it in for about 800K (blinds were 20000/40000/3500 at this point) he thinks for almost his whole time before calling with AK and that was gg. I win $180 which is a bit gutting when I though I was looking good for a final table at one point. The play is probably OK though, really not too sure.

Overall not too bad and a decent warm up for Vegas. Might play a couple of little sats today and see if I can qualify for something decent tonight

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2011, 10:10:22 AM »
At the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month I will stop for a silent minute of thought. I will wear a poppy on my chest with pride and remember fallen heroes.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #268 on: November 13, 2011, 19:15:52 PM »
There is a league game tonight so I might as well play a little bit of poker. Will go with the following

Pokerstars Sunday Storm
Pokerstars Bigger $11
APAT League Game
Sky Poker Mini Primo

Gonna play the "stars tournaments with my normal game and try something new in the other two.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: November 16, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »
And so here we are. In just a few short hours I will be meeting up with some of APAT's finest people for the final build up to APAT Vegas. With this in mind a strange calm has come over me, in anticipation of the storm that is about to happen.

I am very sure that I will be very sensible this evening as I don"t want to spend 10 hours on a plane tomorrow with a hangover so it will be a little bit of food a couple of drink and an early night.

Needless to say in the company of the likes of the most excellent "Jaxie", Jack Prime and Dawn Dineen, The Stockton Brothers, Stu and Matt Ward, Derrick "Delboy" Andrews, Sharon "Supernova" Roberts and the legend that is MickyP this will not be too easy but it will be worth it when you remember this is a walk in the park, tomorrows crowd (in addition to the above) will include Dan Owston, Paul McGuniess, Paulie_D, Curlarge, Scouse, Matt M, James Barber, Darren Shallis and god only knows who else, I have lost track. That of course is without bring up the man who came up with this idea in the first place that being Ger Smyth Senior and Vegas rookie Ger Smyth Jnr (It only took him two days to get to Vegas after being 21, can"t fault that). Last, and anything but least, the very great Tightend - Mr. Richard Prew.

As always it will be an absolute privilege to spend a week in the company of these fine people and I am sure there will be some tales to tell by the end of it.

I will be getting my train at 13:04, arriving at Manchester airport this evening, quick taxi to Premier Inn and it will all be underway. I will be trying to update this most days in Vegas as per Paulie"s great efforts so far.

Right now all I need is a bit of run good and a box of luck to make this trip just about perfect.

One last very special mention for Adam and Julie of course who will be getting married in Vegas of course, they are a great couple and it will be a pleasure for myself and all of the other APATer"s to wish them well.

If this was happening anywhere else I would be quite scared for the place, however I reckon Vegas will deliver.

Bring it on !!!!!!!!