Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257126 times)

KarmaDope

• Platinum Member
  • The Groom
    • Blonde Forum
Re: Rodder's Boring Blog about Poker and Random stuff
« Reply #525 on: September 14, 2012, 23:52:42 PM »

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4561167
Just call pre-flop. Once we have EP raise and 4 limpers this early in the 180 we are effectively set-mining in position. Call>Fold>Shove>Raise IMO.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4561168
Standard hand :(

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4561159
Again, standard.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4561160
Standard.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4561162
Fine IMO. Shove>Fold as effective stacks are 10BB and there are antes.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4561169
Cooler.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4561166
Cooler - shove is fine and WTF he is doing calling with 53 is beyond me.

Apart from the first one your play is fine Steve. Keep going, just seems to be the bad side of variance in 180s at the moment.
[IMG=http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/countdown/countdown.php?c=purple&f=3&y=2013&m=11&d=12&h=18&mi=20&o=0&p=1][/img]

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #526 on: September 18, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »
Did not update this on the weekend. Did play a little bit of cash, did not do too well. At least I didn"t win, I lost about $25 (1 buyin) main due to one hand which was very silly and I don"t really know why I did it. Called a 3-bet with 45s which is a bit poor in itself but then decided it would be a good idea to ship it all in on a flop of 2-6-6 with a flush draw and inside straight draw. Pokerstars had a glitch in the software which meant I lost that pot which was most confusing as the site is meant to be rigged ffs. I have emailed them about this issue.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4566159

Why do I play the hand like that? Answers on a postcard please as I can"t work it out. This one is also poor

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4566164

I should shut down on the flop as I know this player is usually folding to a c-bet just looking at my HUD, I think he played it perfectly fwiw.

Apart from that I played OK but did not really do much wrong. I had this hand which I think plays itself

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4566162

Result over the weekend were:-

Hands: 620
VP$IP: 25.97%
PFR: 22.58%
3-Bet: 10.24%
Total Loss: $23.85

This still puts me just over $84 up for the month, which is small although I have run a fair bit behind EV and am still winning at just over 5BB/100 which is always the aim.

Month to Date

Hands: 3102
VP$IP: 23.75%
PFR: 21.62%
3Bet: 10.21%
Total Profit: $84.00

VPP: 583

I have also picked up some bonus $ and 2 $11 Tournament tickets which adds up a little. Next month I I have worked out Silverstar will be worth $50 bonus money and two $11 Tournament tickets. I am collecting the tournament tickets quite nicely at the moment (I have 7) as I have to done an MTT session for ages. I like doing them on Sundays and I have always been in work early on Mondays lately. Maybe I will give them away as Christmas presents or something :-)

I am still down at 180"s but pretty sure that is down to just being on the bad side of luck so far this month. I have been on the other side of it often enough so certainly won"t be complaining about that I will lose sometimes and am quite happy to lose due to that (it sure beats losing due to playing badly).

I have played 145 of the 180 manners, a mix of the $2.50"s and the $4.50"s and am $78.11 down.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #527 on: September 19, 2012, 10:54:59 AM »
Little session this morning sae me end up a few $ down. A few spots I got wrong as below:-

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4568103

Here my preflop play is obviously fine, although raising that hand UTG may be a little bit loose I don"t mind doing it too much.

The board is then paired and I have a gutshot. I am out of position which sucks with this type of hand which is why raising it UTG is marginal.

I make a bet on the flop which I thik is fine as well. When he calls he does not have to have the Jack, although he does have it a lot. He can have other pairs of course as well.

The King on the turn should not help him and might be a scare card as I could have been c-betting AK so I bet again, he puts in a strong raise and I have to fold. Think I probably should check/fold the turn there.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4568105

This kind of goes wrong against a pretty passive player I had decided I was going to try and outplay him. Not too sure why I don"t 3-bet pre. There is a little bit of history in this hand as I have raised him on a few flops in the last week or so (4 times I think) and he has folded each time. I therefore see no reason not to believe when he 3-bets me on the flop.

Total Hand = 102
VP$IP = 29.41%
PFR = 26.47%
3-Bet = 12.5%
Total Loss = $5.15

Wish I could regain my motivation to play more hands per month. This month I will probably hit about 6K. I use to be able to do that in a day (certainly over two days) at one time. Will keep doing what I am doing for now and look at ways to improve the volume.

I have a three day weekend this weekend, if I am free I may play an MTT session on Sunday as I will not have to be up Monday morning.

I need to rename the blog in 2013 as well, wonder what I will call it.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #528 on: September 21, 2012, 10:13:25 AM »
Small little 201 hand session in the last couple of days. I really do wish I could get my motivation to play longer session back but if I played anything much longer right now I would probably play badly.

The biggest hand of the session won"t convert on the hand replayer annoyingly. It all started with me getting dealt KK in the BB. UTG player kindly raises it to 75c and it folds to me and I 3-bet to $2.25. He then makes it $6. I am still ahead of his range but a 5-bet really definaes my hand and gets snapped off by AA whilst gives JJ, QQ and AK the chance to fold. I therefore flat it and we see a flop of 6d-8s-5s. I check with $19 left behind (he covers). He bets $5.78 into $12.10making the pot about $18. Now seems like a good time to get it in as JJ and QQ should be paying me off and AK is more often than not done with the hand now. I shove, he snaps, oh that will be AA then. OK Pokerstars, do your stuff. There we go King, blank on the river on the turn ship the pot.

Think that hand played out pretty standard I get lucky to win the hand obviously, but those things even themselves out and it level up my EV for the month (I am now slightly ahead of EV). Other hands of interest were few and far between. I played a lot of standard pots and made some good bets in good spots to take down a few hands.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4571450

Biggest loss was this hand. I am quite happy with it, my opponent is a reg and he does not have to have the ace, until he calls on the turn, at which point I am pretty certain he does so just give up. I assume he knows I don"t have to have the ace here either so he might call on that flop but when he calls the strong bet on the turn I am fairly sure of where I am.

Overall result

Hands: 201
VP$IP: 22.89%
PFR: 20.9%
3Bet: 14.63%
Total Profit: $34.71

Cash games Month to Date (NLHE $25)

Hands: 3406
VP$IP: 23.87%
PFR: 21.73%
3Bet: 10.47%
Total Profit: $113.56
BB/100: 6.67

PLO

Hands: 263
VP$IP: 33.08%
PFR: 24.71% (hmm)
3Bet: 8.33%
Total Loss: $39.56

Cash Overall = $74 Up
Tournament overall = $$78.11 Down

MTD Overall = -$4.11

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #529 on: September 21, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
If the QJ v AJ was your biggest loss of the session you did pretty well I"d say.
I just launched a 10nl zoom session and flopped a set of threes on what looked a safe run out 4 3 8 K J we got full stacks in on the river - he had flopped a set of fours :(

Do you read the "Ape and a notebook" thread elswehere? Lots of interesting stuff there, not advocating trying John"s style, but there are some gems of advice for us all from his mentors.
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #530 on: September 23, 2012, 11:50:31 AM »
Had a poor day (pokerwise) yesterday, played in the morning before going to the football. Didn"t run too good.

I lost a decent pot early with this hand. I actually don"t like my own shove on the river when I looked back at it but don"t hate how I play the hand.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4574939

Check/call is better on the river here though. I probably still have to call if he shoves the river as I have put too much in there. Can"t see too many hands that I beat that call on the river though.

A couple of hands later, this happened. I am not at all sure about if I should fold to the cold 4-bet. I think without reads I possibly should.

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=12090.0

I just gave up after this one as I would have gone on tilt

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4574940

I know that my opponent in this hand plays Ace rag and an ace is a large part of his range here. I therefore think my check behind on the flop is good as I don"t want to bloat the pot at this point as I probbaly need to hit a flush to win the hand. Pretty sure I play this hand fine as well so not too worried about a bad result on the day. Honestly don"t think I played too badly just one of those days

Hands: 267
VP$IP: 25.67%
PFR: 23.8%
3Bet: 13.98%
Total Loss: $82.15

Bit annoying to be honest but I have not run that good this month and that sometimes happens.

Gotta put something non poker related in here today

Went to the football yesterday, definately am going to need a coat for this soon, it was feeling pretty cold in just a football shirt. Still at least it wasn"t raining like today. The game was Newport County Vs Southport with Newport trying to stay top of the division. It started badly and Southport looked a much better side with one of their wingers being extremely good, Newport Countys goalkeeper, Lenny Pidgley (best keeper in the league a lot of experts say) made two fantastic saves to keep us in it. Southport took the lead after about 15 minutes from a penalty and were well in control until about 25 minutes in. Newport then picked up the pace and came back into it. On about 35 minutes our forward (Danny Crow) was about to kick the ball into the net when he was bundled off the ball. This is a clear red card and penalty which everybody except the ref saw. The ball goes lose to Aaron O"connor who then appeared to be tripped inside the area still but that was not given either. The whole team was clearly extremely unhappy and the crowd was going mad. The refs always get stick but this was at a different level. 5 minutes later he misses a clear handball in the area. I was starting to think this was some kind of wind up. At half time everybody was REALLY annoyed, it wasn"t just the normal thing you get, I was getting concerned that some of the guys on the terrace were actually going to try and jump onto the pitch and did the "come on we"ll get the job done in the second half approach".

Second half Newport were much the better team but some more strange decisions and the fact the ball just would not go in the net made you think it just was not going to be our day. Then finally in the 77th minute our top scorer Aaron O"connor gets the ball just inside the area and struck it into the net, the ground went mad as it felt that losing this game would be an injustice. The next 15 minutes were one of those times you can"t really describe in words as the whole ground got behind the team and they pushed forward looking for the winner, the singing and chanting was something you had to just be there too see. Stoppage time arrived and Subsitute Ben Swallow struck the ball from 30 yards. It seemed to hng in the air forever, until it landed in the top corner. The whole ground went into total mayhem. It felt that an injustice had been avioded and the spirt of the team to come back and win the game late on was amazing

The atmosphere in the pub after the game was like Red Bull, we still didn"t like the ref though. It is still a long season and we are realistic enough to know that it will be really hard to stay top of this league but for now We are top of the league.

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #531 on: September 23, 2012, 12:21:05 PM »
Ex chelsea youngster I think and would have thought he"d be in league one or league two (Lenny)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #532 on: September 23, 2012, 15:02:00 PM »

Ex chelsea youngster I think and would have thought he"d be in league one or league two (Lenny)

Yeah he was at Chelsea as a trialist I think. He is good enough for the higher leagues for sure. He came in without a pre-season as cover for the previous first choice keeper and looked a bit lacking in confidence to begin with but now he has really been one of the best players in the team and gives the back four a lot of confidence. If Newport don"t go up this year I doubt he will still be there next year.

Some highlights here are enough to show his performance yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWm4mrWfk7I&feature=share
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 17:16:15 PM by AAroddersAA »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #533 on: September 29, 2012, 18:41:37 PM »
So finished off the month after work a few nights last week. Managed to lose $27.76 in the process. Don"t think I did too much wrong but was only break even for cash at the end of the month and down in tournaments. Looked like this

Cash (nlhe)

Hands: 4530
Profit: $3.65

Tournaments (nlhe)

Number: 158
Loss: $76.01

Ran pretty bad in the 180"s so not concerned at all by the result. Unsure what to do next month now, I could just take a break from playing until I get back from Glasgow to ensure I play well there.

Will go back to just doing the odd monthly update on this next month. Not 100% sure if the constant updates are really that interesting tbh, reading back through the month most of the hands are pretty standard actually.

Anyway might play some 180"s tonight due to not having anything else that is actually worth doing. Sitting in the pub moaning about a nil nil does not appeal :-)

hi_am_chris

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2012, 03:19:12 AM »
I enjoy reading this blog and I for one hope keep it going

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2012, 09:01:39 AM »

It will definitely keep going but will just do weekly updates rather than daily as the constant ones were basically me trying to make standard sessions look interesting/worth reading about, when they really weren"t, or don"t seem to be when I read back through the month anyway. That way I can make them interesting to the reader and post some hands that are actually worth talking about hopefully.

Supernova

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Silver Member
« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2012, 16:29:17 PM »

It will definitely keep going but will just do weekly updates rather than daily as the constant ones were basically me trying to make standard sessions look interesting/worth reading about, when they really weren"t, or don"t seem to be when I read back through the month anyway. That way I can make them interesting to the reader and post some hands that are actually worth talking about hopefully.

I"m enjoying reading it too Rodders and I agree with you 100% here. Don"t let your blog become a slog! You won"t enjoy it if it does and it then becomes a chore.

Shaz -xXx-
APAT UK Team Championships 2011 18th
APAT Welsh Championships 2012 13th
APAT European 2012 6max 3rd Bronze Medal
APAT Home Internationals 2012 Omaha S/E 3rd
APAT WCOAP 2013 Stud S/E 14th
APAT WCOAP 2013 H.O.R.S.E S/E 7th
APAT English Championship 2013 3rd Bronze Medal

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2012, 19:38:07 PM »

I"m enjoying reading it too Rodders and I agree with you 100% here. Don"t let your blog become a slog! You won"t enjoy it if it does and it then becomes a chore.

Shaz -xXx-

Cheers Sharon. It"s not that I find it boring or a slot at all. Just that I want to ensure it is as interesting as possible. Trying to think of ways to improve it currently maybe post graphs or something. Don"t know but will certainly come up with something.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #538 on: October 03, 2012, 23:44:47 PM »
Pretty interested in peoples opinions of this hand

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4607894

I usually have some idea where I went wrong in a hand but in this one I honestly don"t know if it was just a massive cooler or I should have done something different. Given the flop I lose loads whatever I do but I suspect there is a better way to play it anyway.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59184.0

Swinebag

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #539 on: October 04, 2012, 10:01:49 AM »
I can"t see how you do anything other than stack off here.

the stacks are big here so I think flatting pre is ok but given the way villain plays the hand (very well IMO) it is still difficult not to lose 300BB here
Quote from: Chipaccrual
Rob, you are a genius.
Quote from: jacklevel06
You are a genius Rob  :D