Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257075 times)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
Re: Rodder's Boring Blog about Poker and Random stuff
« Reply #615 on: December 31, 2012, 18:33:43 PM »
Result for Dec first. My APAT results have gone from Poker Tracker for some reason.

Cash Game: Loss of $38
Tournaments: Profit of $221

I know I was up on the APAT site this month after winning a PLO8 tournaments and I think I cash in another bunch of fives PLO?

Give myself a C (must do better) for poker this year. That being said I am really happy with some of the improvements I have made in my game this year and I think I now do a much better job of adjusting to players than I used too and tend to be thinking on a higher level too. In the new year I need to have a better schedule for actually playing, at the moment I play at times when I should not be playing and often play for too long when playing cash.

Will skip posting hand for this post and post what I would like to do in the next year poker wise:-

Resolutions
------------

1) Read The Mental Game of Poker
2) Attend more Skype sessions (ideally two per month) reviewing hands and discussing improvements
3) More Time reviewing hands to improve player notes on regulars
4) Play a DTD Deepstack
5) Maintain Silverstar each month on Pokerstars (which should now be a piece of cake)
6) Look at possibility of formal online cash game coaching

Ambitions
----------

1) Two APAT live Final Tables in 2013 (This could be tough I am long overdue some run bad in these events)
2) Win an APAT individual gold medal (ditto above)
3) Attend a Stockton G Home Game with such legends as, Stu Ward, Phil TC, David Amos, Matthew Ward and Brian Harland.
4) Top 3% on OPR

The resolutions are things I really should do and are not hard to accomplish and just take the motivation to actually do. The ambitions are meant to be a bit more of a challenge. The main thing that I want to do is too continue the improvement I think I have made in my game this year. I don"t think I am ever going to get to the "next level" but would like to be good at the level I am at now.

The other thing I need to do is stop spewing money which I have been doing a lot of lately. As I have said before it comes from playing too long when I know I should not be playing. It"s not really down to tilt as such it is just continuing to play when I know my edge is gone. I even know the warning signs. I"ll call from the SB rather than 3-bet or peel a 3-bet because it"s easier than trying to decide if I should 4-bet or fold. Also trying bad bluffs in poor spots. Not enirely sure how to cut this bit out. Suggestions are welcome.

I need a new name for this thread in the new year I think. For now I wish all apaters big and small, old and young, much good health, great times, run good and binkage. World greatest people, so many people say it that it just cannot be wrong.

Peace out 2012

Now let"s do it all again - see you all in 2013. Can"t wait until Luton #TeamBlonde ftw for sure.
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #616 on: January 01, 2013, 19:40:10 PM »
A new year and hopefully a successful one in poker. I decided to try and get it off to a good start today.

Cash games I think I played quite well in most spots. This year I am going to make a real effort to make good player notes as I think this is a big advantage in zoom. I also

want to make sure that eveything I am doing is for a reason. I think I did this correctly today in most spots. There are a couple of big pots I have looked at again after the

session and I can see where I could have played them better.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4792784

No real reads on any of the players in this hand. I try the 3-bet steal from the button with a decent enough hand to do it. I think I get this through a lot of the time in these

games so think that this play is fine. The flop is excellent for me but quite wet so I want to get some money in now to charge any draws or to get value from any hands that want

to pay me befoe a card to kill the action arrives. I bet out $2.65, I think in retrospect I like $3 better as anybody who is calling $2.65 will also call $3. I only get one

caller. So he could have some kind of draw (likely) or a marginal hand that is just planning to call down or reassess on the turn.

The turn is not a great card for my hand as it means if he has something like JJ or QQ I am not less likely to get paid on it. It does not change any of his drawing hands

though. I check to him to make him think I am scared of it hoping that he will see fold equity and semi bluff his drawing hands. Although this happens I don"t like it as the

board is already scary and draw heavy and I don"t charge him at all and if his draw hits it will be hard to fold and if he misses he gets away for free. shoving the turn is a

better play by far. As it happens my plan works and I get the chips in with 90% in equity but I still don"t like it much.

It is easy to look at this hand and think I got unlucky however when you look at it properly and think if I had made the best and most +EV play on the turn I most likely win the

hand.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4792787

This is an interesting hand as well. preflop is standard, I raise and get two callers. The flop is really good for my hand so I bet out on the flop with a standard cbet. I get

min raised and the other caller folds. Now I have a huge hand and I am happy to get it in here so what size should my bet be? His min raise could be great strength but normally

means a draw type hand in my experince. It does not really matter what he has now anyway, I make it $4 and he calls. The turn is not the ideal card for me, a Jack. It gives me a

pretty useless pair and cuts my equity. If I check and he shoves I will need to call $5.95 to win $14.90 so I will need about 29% equity to call. I am going to have more than

that on average. I therefore think that my shove is optimal as him folding is the best result for me. I do think I get a small numbr of folds here which increases the expected

profit in this spot.

Another hand from today is currently posted in the Stategy section

http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13048.msg199563#new

Let me know what you think in there, not going to give away the result in here yet :-)

Looking at the other side of the coin and big pots won. Well there were only two of them as well. One was a standard get it in spot with KK preflop against AK which won me 110bb

and the other was a race when I 5-Bet shoved AK against an agressive preflop playing in a BvB spot, he called me with JJ and I won the race. There were a couple of smaller pots

where I win about 50bb playing hands correctly against certain players.

Overall Cash Result was:-

Hands: 1002
VP$IP: 22.16%
PFR: 19.66%
3-Bet: 8.43%
Total Profit: $29.07

MTT ($4.50 180"s)

Played: 4
Total buyin: $18
Cashed: 0

Also trying to keep a spreadsheet to keep a track of everything across all sites in one place as I tend to play on APAT as swell as Stars now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At-Acuf8tqPodGlkXzB4U0MwREtuSkttdmcwOUI1MHc#gid=0

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #617 on: January 06, 2013, 10:57:00 AM »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #618 on: January 06, 2013, 21:34:07 PM »
Another day and another 1K hands done with. Although I did make some mistakes today the Poker Gods refuse to let me lose and continue to rig Pokerstars in my favor.

I have noticed one really interesting thing about Zoom at the moment and that is BvB nobody seems to fold once they are in a pot, if they have a little bit of it they are calling all the way. I have adjusted to this I think by playing pretty tight/aggressive in those spots.

I made a good start to the session today getting some money up without ever really getting in a big pot.

Below is the first decent sized pot I won. It is a standard spot. I flop TPTK and go bet/bet/bet. He actually plays it fine too. The river for him is actually likely to be a fold but the river card makes that really hard to do.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4804974

I then lost a couple of small pots before finding a good spot in a BvB. I get more than I should here. I get his call on the flop and the turn but I am showing massive strength on the river and his bare ace without a kicker just is good so rarely in that spot. As I said earlier noticed tis a lot BvB. Like my bet sizing in that pot.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4804975

This next hand is a good one. I am really not sure how well I play it. Preflop I am well aware that the BB can 3bet me light. I elect not to 4bet as i want to keep all of his air in his range which is really wide at the moment.

He bets the flop. I for some reason raise, I am not sure why if I am honest. There is no real straight draw and the flush draw is very unlikely. It just seemed that I had to hope there was something I could get value from. When he calls I am thinking he can have the flush draw here. The turn is a great card for me and when he checks I make sure I give him odds to draw to the flush. He does, it hits, he has it. He pays me. To me this is a good example of how not to play a hand around 200bb deep from him. His three bet is fine but I think he should shut down on the turn.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4804976

I am obviously so clever and would never donk off chips like that. Except when I do. I like my play up to the turn when sticking him all in is pretty poor. I thought that the turn made a lot of draw possible but it also completed lot"s.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4804977

I took a quick break and got back too it again. Win a standard flip when I have QQ OTB against AK from the BB neither of us are folding those hands against the other.

Apart from that I win and lose little hands and break even. Have a break before the last 200 hands where this happens

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4804978
http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4804979

Nice couple of hands that basically play themselves. The AK one I thought the river was the nuts or nothing so called. I think that line of thinking is sound. The quad threes was against a very aggressive opponent who has seen me raise with nothing and did the work for me.

This last hand shows me playing like a muppet and getting lucky, it"s something you are all quite use too and not exactly ground breaking news (Rodders butchers hand but still wins).

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4804981

Would like to tell you I had lots of cool stuff going on in my brain on this one but actually I just played it like a donkey. Calling the 3-bet is pants. I should just fold. The call on the flop is bad as AK got there so I lose to almost his entire value 3-betting range (if he is three bet bluffing then I should 4-bet pre). The turn bet is OK but he is always calling it with most of his range. The river card is just dumb luck for me.

So at the end of the day:-

Hands: 1013
VP$IP: 25.07%
PFR: 22.61%
3Bet: 11.17%
Profit: $37.56

Did not play any 180"s today. In cash I am up $122 so far this year and am definitely running good. Have not run so good in 180"s but have only played 7.

I then went and played PLO with Stu on APAT for a while. Lost about $15 in that game but went and nicked it back in heads up. then played some blackjack for some reason and lost it again. the played hold"em and won it back again. Apparently I am $0.11 up on APAT so far this year.

Tried some of those $1.50 hypers that Adam has been playing. Played 7 of them with 5 wins and two losses. They are quite fun.

Talking to Stu Ward about PLO as well today and watched him make about $200 on APAT poker. I know he is a top bloke and all but whenever he made the nuts people were just falling over themselves to give him money MBSFN. I think there is some money to be made in the little cash game on BOSS. I like the Zoom games at the moment but when I get my Silverstar for the month I will play some Holdem on there. Maybe some MTTs too as I used to like the ones on DTD.

Hope this run good holds out until Luton. 2013 is going to be a good year me thinks.

Oh Special mention to everyone"s hero Mr Phil TC. Congratulations on your engagement. You should bring your young lady to an APAT event so she can meet the gang....... Oh wait a minute, maybe not then.

noble1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #619 on: January 10, 2013, 18:02:07 PM »

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4792787

This is an interesting hand as well. preflop is standard, I raise and get two callers. The flop is really good for my hand so I bet out on the flop with a standard cbet. I get min raised and the other caller folds. Now I have a huge hand and I am happy to get it in here so what size should my bet be? His min raise could be great strength but normally means a draw type hand in my experince. It does not really matter what he has now anyway, I make it $4 and he calls. The turn is not the ideal card for me, a Jack. It gives me a pretty useless pair and cuts my equity. If I check and he shoves I will need to call $5.95 to win $14.90 so I will need about 29% equity to call. I am going to have more than that on average. I therefore think that my shove is optimal as him folding is the best result for me. I do think I get a small number of folds here which increases the expected profit in this spot.

this might increase your win rate in similar situations with given reads...

I get min raised and the other caller folds. Now I have a huge hand and I am happy to get it in here so what size should my bet be? His min raise could be great strength but normally means a draw type hand in my experience.

Hand Information
PokerStars No Limit, 0.1 BB (6 handed).
Hand History converter courtesy of pokerhandreplays.com

Table Information
Seat:  1 c9l9i9n9t ($10.25) Dealer
Seat:  2 dragusmen ($19.24) Small Blind
Seat:  3 hanna312 ($14.7) Big Blind
Seat:  4 killer0497 ($9.36)
Seat:  5 naughty_ept ($10.81)
Seat:  6 Hero ($20.12)
Dealt to Hero

Preflop  (Pot:0.15)
killer0497    FOLD    
naughty_ept    FOLD    
Hero    RAISE    $0.3
c9l9i9n9t    CALL    $0.3
dragusmen    FOLD    
hanna312    CALL    $0.2

Flop(Pot: $0.95)

hanna312    CHECK    
Hero    BET    $0.65
c9l9i9n9t    RAISE    $1.3
hanna312    FOLD    
Hero    RAISE    $4
c9l9i9n9t    CALL    $2.7

right do you agree with this range for villain - TcTd,8c8d,AQs,KJs+,QTs,J9s,T8s+,97s,AQo,KJo -

i only gave him 1 set of 8"s + T"s due to the way he played it [give him all 3 combo"s reduces equity by a couple of percent]

giving you 63% equity and you 3bet raise to $4 ?? think about what gives you the most EV Rodders.. always anticipate these guys at these stakes to call a good percentage imho with top pair etc , then consider the action killers on the turn..

now ponder if you 3bet jam and expect these guys not to let go of top pair hands and weaker spade draws etc , i think if you do some calculations you"ll find it better EV wise.. [you are gtd to see turn/river and realise your full equity]

for example if villain had J9 for the straight and flatted your 3bet raise on the flop, approx 72% you miss your spade or King on the turn, check pokerstove and see the difference in equity for villain when you miss your outs , same for top pair hands.

comb through your tracker base and see if you are missing out on other spots where you can maximise your EV better...

ref your tilt/spew every now and then problem - something you can try when you feel like you are getting annoyed is inject logic statements to whatever you do...

for example when you are calling a bet post flop, what are your reasons for calling?

logic wise you can think in steps to yourself -

Step 1,
Villain"s range <-> Hero do i have sufficient Equity?
Step 2,
Can i profitably raise?
Yes, better now or later? -> Later, Call to slow play
(When most hands that will call a raise will also VB themselves, then often it is better to call to keep his range wide, ask what raising will accomplish? Fold out AIR, fold out the bottom of his VB"ing range, then calling is most likely better.

No, (i"m not ahead of his calling range) -> reasons to Call
1. Calling to slow play
2. Calling to bluff catch
3. Calling for value (Villain can VB a worse hand, but we can"t raise and get called by worse)
General Strategy,
Whenever it is close it is usually better to be at the top of your calling range then at the bottom of your raising range, especially when a raise represents a very strong range and villain is unlikely to bluff catch wide.

expand your logic like this and if you continue to tilt/spew then force yourself to quit :)

edit - plus think about your general strategy for zoom, if i was to play 10nl my general approach would be -
1. Value betting
2. No Bluff catching non-std spots.
3. No Bluffing without Equity
4. I"d find spots where certain people are extremely unbalanced and exploit the f##k out of that.:)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 18:10:14 PM by noble1 »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #620 on: January 11, 2013, 19:57:17 PM »
Interesting start to the year. Away from poker Newport County have signed Christian Jolley from AFC Wimbledon which gives them an excellent chance of reaching the playoffs this season and a shot at getting into league two.

Lot"s of exciting things on the horizon related to people from this forum this year. A trip to Yarm in a few weeks time which I will be trying very hard to attend (depends partly on work). We are just two weeks away from Luton which is an excellent venue and the forum championship is one of the best events on the APAT calendar. I have the very great honor of being part of the Blonde Poker team who are in my opinion favorites to win the event. I really hope we run well enough to be able to be there at the sharp end.

There are tentative plans for APAT to hit Vegas this year, hope that happens, as Ger would say, the trigger is due to be pulled soon. Of course there is the WCOAP in March which will be another great event. Also this year I am planning to play a DTD deepstack the plan being to get in via satellite.

Have played a little bit online this week. I am down about $12 in cash over the week but have still run good so far this month. I am up 11 buyings and about 5 buyins above EV.

I played two $4.50"s and cashed both should probably have done better in them but will post a better poker post on the weekend.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #621 on: January 17, 2013, 21:20:17 PM »
I know this is a poker blog but.............

Yay managed to upset three contact centers worth of people today with an email about snow. I think it was more the fact that it said if it snows you still have to come to work.

Apparently snow means you get a free holiday. It also makes your legs fall off and your ability to walk completely ceases. Oh and if the buses stop running do not attempt a 30 minute walk or anything like that, I mean that could cause you to get wet or something equally terrible.

Yeah I will go back to talking about poker now.

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #622 on: January 18, 2013, 15:43:29 PM »

Yay managed to upset three contact centers worth of people today with an email about snow. I think it was more the fact that it said if it snows you still have to come to work.

Apparently snow means you get a free holiday. It also makes your legs fall off and your ability to walk completely ceases. Oh and if the buses stop running do not attempt a 30 minute walk or anything like that, I mean that could cause you to get wet or something equally terrible.

We call DVLA to verify driving licenses, the service was suspended today due, it seems, to a lack of staff...

Southern (Welsh) Softies
Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #623 on: January 18, 2013, 17:25:05 PM »

We call DVLA to verify driving licenses, the service was suspended today due, it seems, to a lack of staff...

Southern (Welsh) Softies

Those are not real Welshman obviously. We are not phased by such things as getting wet and cold whilst walking 2 miles to work, in fact we like it. The English have infected the gene pool though and there are so few left.

Anyway got to work this morning after having a nice walk through some snow, was quite nice. I got there and about 20% of the staff that should be there had turned up (I made a point of walking around thanking them, although all they had really done is what they should do). Then some director who is not even in Swansea, probably never been here, decides we should send everybody home as the snow (which had melted by this point) might freeze and cause an accident. Not sure how this is even possible but it turns out melted snow is very dangerous.

Real Life is too tilting, I"m going to play poker now.

M"eh Silly snow

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #624 on: January 18, 2013, 21:57:44 PM »
OK need to put a proper poker post onto here rather than just wittering on about much of the not very interesting stuff I am doing. Off to Newport in the morning to hopefully watch Newport County beat Barrow unless it gets called off as the last 4 games I have tried to go to have been.

So the last proper update I put on was on 6th of this month. Since then I have not played a huge amount but have got updates on both cash and 180 manners. Firstly lets go with the cash games. To be honest I don"t think I play that well at these. I play well enough to beat the online micro stakes games on Pokerstars (which these days is still pretty good) but I am a mental game fish. I have picked up a copy of "The Mental Game of Poker" and hope I will be able to further improve my game with this as it is annoying to pretty much constantly play worse than I know I should. I have taken up jotting down session goals at the start of each session and trying to inject logic when I feel my game going off during a session. I think if I can fix this leak it will be pretty huge for my game this year.

So anyway back to the actual Poker. Since the last main update I have played 6 cash sessions, three have been winning and three have been losing. Worst losing session was for $45 or 4.5 buyins. Now the losses in this session were down to a couple of hands I played very badly. I only played. The biggest pot I won in that session was $0.78 but I till played badly. Here are some example hands.

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4826057
http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/4826086

Both hands have a weird kind of logic to them and are pretty specific dynamics but the call with AJ high on the first one is poor and the bluff on the turn in the second one is probably bad (although there is a chance it is not as the player does not fold to many c-bets but does fold to turn c-bets. On that board it is still most likely bad).

Those were my worst two hands on the last couple of weeks and saw me set fire to nearly 200BB basically.

The lost and won a few hands in standard spots. A bit of a roller coster to end up in the following spot:-

Hands: 2531
VP$IP: 22.24%
PFR: 20.07%
3-bet: 12.05%
Fold to 3-bet: 83.46% (Hmmm)
Total Loss: $4.88

OK would like to be winning obviously but considering I ran well for the first week of the month at cash and I am still 12 buyins up for the month, well ahead of EV then I am happy enough with that.

180 manners got much better since the last update:-

I have only played 6 but in those 6 I have had two final tables and one tenth place, in one I lose a huge flip for about three quarters of the chips to finish 4th. I have also had two 25th place finishes just outside the cash. My monthly on MTT"s now looks like this:-

Tournaments: 14
Net Profit: $28.05
ROI: 41.28%

So running good this month overall at this point. Also been talking to Stu about cash poker a lot and have been impressed by his understanding of the PLO version of the game. He has been pretty much owning the APAT freeroll each night. Next week I will do something about this :-)

Don"t know what to do this weekend, if the weather is cold maybe I will just stay at home and play poker got Luton next weekend which is going to be a bit different to normal as it will be spent in the company of #TeamBlonde. I still say that the rest of the team will do well to keep up with this team but you never can tell and no matter how good a team is you do not win a team event without a good slice. If we get it then we may be unbeatable. This may sound big headed but I honestly can"t see a team that will beat us if the cards break even. I have no doubt that the other teams at the event will have something to say about that though.

EDIT: Just finished second in a 180 for $147.60 so kicks the profit in MTT up to $171.75 for the month Total profit for month on Stars is now $291. Which I will accept.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:19:25 AM by AAroddersAA »

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #625 on: January 28, 2013, 12:49:01 PM »
Luton Trip Report

Enjoyable weekend overall if a little different to normal. There was a distinct lack of regulars at the event it seemed. There were a fair few there of course, Adam, Asa, Michelle, Paulie, Rich Baker however everybody was split up into their little teams. I met up with #TeamBlonde on the Friday night and a good night was had. We all bought into the comp late and all got put on the same table. After a number of Jagerbombs and other strange drinks we all got split up. I got moved to a new table, got bored and knocked myself out.

The next day we were really pumped for the team comp and really though that we should be in with a great shout of winning it. It all crumbled pretty quickly as two of the team were knocked out due to horrible beats that there is no way they could have got away from. I made some really bad plays at the wrong time and played one of the worst tournaments I have played at APAT. I didn"t know what my plan was and could not feel comfortable at the table, I also felt tired for some reason which is not like me at these events. I tried to play some hands to start with but it soon became clear that my poker brain was not fully engaged and I was not playing my A game. I tried to just nit up and just play hands for value. I got myself back to about 13K in chips then lost a pot with KK when I had to fold on the turn when the board was bad and I got raised, pretty sure it was a good fold, even though my read on the table was not as good as normal at that stage. I made one good 3-bet c-bet to recover slightly, then knocked myself out by completely misplaying a hand against Brian Harland. It was a long way from being an acceptable performance for a team that it was a real honour to represent, and for which there were so many worthy candidates. I hope some of them get the chance to represent Blonde Poker next year.

I was really tired after I got knocked out and did not feel like playing poker so I went to the hotel for a sleep planning to come back later. I set my alarm for 10:30pm and went to sleep at about 8pm. The alarm did go off but I don"t remember switching it off all I know is I woke up at 6am the next morning. I then felt completely fine and had a shower and some fruit and coffee and actually spent a couple of hours playing online before going to Wetherspoons for food and over to the casino. I toy with Adams idea of going to London but join Paulie, Charles Mason and JP to watch the Chelsea game.

After that for the first time in a long time at one of these I actually feel like playing a cash game. There is only one table and Steve Redfern, Charles Mason and other APATers make it look a little less appealing but I sit down and play anyway. I nick a pot early on to win £20 then lose it back to Steve when I 3-bet him with KQ only for a micro stack to shove behind we both call (it was only £2 to me) the flop has an ace and I am pretty sure I am losing and there is no point in fighting over a dry side pot. I insta fold to a bet on the river after the flop and turn are checked.

I then lose two more pots of similar size. The problem was everybody was playing like £20 to £40 stacks which made find good spots hard. I eventually got back to even and ended up £10 up before for some reason leaving the game to play PLO.

I should really have just stayed at the cash game as it was quite a good game which was I was enjoying. The PLO tournament went as PLO tournaments do for me. I am just not very good at them and so I lose after making a bad play when I had KKxx on a 4-7-7 flop. Raiser obv has 44. TBH his strong bet on the flop should have tipped me off that I was not good.

One thing that did come out of the weekend though was that due to certain members not being there (mainly Ger, Dawn&Jack, Stu, Phil, Darren&Shaz etc - you get the theme here). Playing poker seemed like a viable option on the Sunday morning, although if that group had been present Vodka and Red Bull might have been the option rather than sleep on Saturday night. Maybe the time has come to start some live poker back up. I said after Vegas I needed to take a break and other than APAT  I have only played a few times since then. This weekend is the first time I have really felt the desire to jump onto the cash table again and seriously considered going to London in search of a decent game.

I will see how it goes but right now I am pretty happy with my cash game overall and do think I am a favorite in most live poker games. Hopefully I will have some updates in that way soon.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #626 on: February 10, 2013, 16:21:22 PM »
I forgot to post an update for January. Online poker went well in general I won $290 in the month which is very good for the limits I have been playing.

Stats were as follows:-

No Limit Hold "em Cash
------------------------

Total Hands: 8500
VP$IP: 21.64%
PFR: 19.32%
3-Bet: 10.28%
Fold to 3-bet: 73.22%
Total Profit: $125.39

PLO Cash
---------

Total Hands: 472
VP$IP: 19.07%
PFR: 13.14%
3-Bet: 7.14%
Fold to 3-bet: 63.16%
Total Profit: $16.08

NLHE MTT Tournaments
---------------------

Tournaments: 18
Total Profit: 150.65
ROI: 160.27%

I think I ran really well in Jan and played OK too. Happy with the result although there are still a good few mistakes that I can correct, the MTT"s are 180"s. I am reading through the mental game of poker and can see a good few issues in it that I also have as you would expect.

This month is going to be quiet but I have booked 2 weeks off work at the end of March/Start of April which will include. Yarm Invasion III and The WCOAP.

I am slightly up on poker this month, thanks to an OK run in the Pokerstars VIP freeroll. I am slightly down in cash and slightly up in MTT"s.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #627 on: March 21, 2013, 11:40:32 AM »
OK so it"s been a while since I updated this, poker was a little bit meh last month and was slightly down overall will do a proper update on that when I get back from WCOAP. Hopefully I will win that.

However this thread is going to be a live update thread for the next few days as we update the event that is #YarmInvasion.

Now you can follow the adventures of APAT on tour as a few (OK a load) of us are due to arrive in Yarm in about 3 hours time. To say this could get messy is an understatement though. The guest list includes:-

Ger "The Duke" Smyth
Ger Jnr
Stu Ward
Jaxie !!!
Phil_TC
Matt Ward
JP Round
Delboy
Paulie_D

This could be the greatest of APAT trips this side of Vegas. If you are not coming (poor decision) you can follow the updates here. I am current at Manchester Piccadilly which facebook seems to think in in Nottingham but it is not.

Right Let"s do this thing.

#YarmInvasion

pokerpops

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #628 on: March 21, 2013, 11:56:41 AM »

Just an old bloke living the dream

Proud to be an APAT Forum Team member 2013
Prouder still of being part of the Raise for Jack team, Silver medalists 2019

Paulie_D

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
  • Travel Guru