Author Topic: Keeping Warm in Winter  (Read 257108 times)

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
Re: Rodder's Boring Blog about Poker and Random stuff
« Reply #645 on: March 24, 2013, 00:20:46 AM »
Invaders got tired and went to bed. Yarm 1-0 invaders
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

Laxie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #646 on: March 24, 2013, 04:29:32 AM »
it

In yer dreams man. We"re not hitting it til now

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #647 on: March 24, 2013, 04:38:14 AM »

Hang on, No, I would let most things go but what???

Invaders have just gone to bed now after Yarm gave in about 5 hours ago.

Laxie won, but has agreed Ger the Hun now controls Yarm. Yarm is occupied invasion complete, with the forces from the West side of the bridge it was too much for even the greatest of Yarm defenders.

Yarm invasion is complete, Rodders, Paulie the Conquerer, JP Round and Ger the Hun, in assocation with Jaxie were to much for even The Stockton Massive only Rodders, Ger The Hun and Jaxie survived but it is complete.

#YarmInvasion - we won and have occupied Yarm which will now be controlled from Chezger
-----------------------------

Still trying to think of something amusing to write in this bit.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #648 on: March 24, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »
Well that was fun.

Yarm Invasion ended last night and once one of the best weekends that I have been on for a LONG LONG time. |I am now sat on the train on my way home looking forward to the WCOAP. Overall what can we say about the people on this trip. Everybody is a legend. It is the people who make this community and they are the reason why we keep coming back to these things.

Yarm is a great place as well, so much that you could do in that part of the world. I am sure I will be back in the future but for now it is onwards and upwards. This weekend was about people and having fun, next weekend is going to be about poker. It will be the biggest event of the year with the best people in the world.

#apatpoker #WCOAP

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #649 on: March 26, 2013, 20:43:51 PM »
So it is again time for the WCOAP. I feel my preparation for this event has been good. I have not played any poker in the last month, and actually self banned myself from all the sites (which I never do) to ensure I was not tempted to try and play. Instead I have focused on ensuring I have a winning plan and that I am confident with what I am going to be doing. It is the same method I used prior to a deep run in 2010 so hoping to give myself a good shot again, it feels like I should do at the moment but you never know until you get there. I did play a little bit in Yarm last weekend but that does not really count. I actually won a decent amount and overall played pretty well.

It looks like the community is very excited about this event, I however am pretty calm and reserved over the whole thing. Looking forward to it but not really what I would call excited about it (I think I got all that out in Yarm), I am pretty sure this is a good thing. I will go to Nottingham, I will play poker (pretty confident it will be played well tbh) and we will see what happens. I am for once taking this event pretty seriously and really want to do well.

Everybody who is going to WCOAP, may you play well and have no bad beats.

Oh and just for fun a competition around the WCOAP, the winner will get $10 on Pokerstars. You have to answer question one and question two correctly. If more than one person gets them both correct we will go to a tie breaker. Oh and you have to have more than 200 posts on this forum to enter as I don"t really want the thread spammed.

1) Of all of the players playing for Wales, England, Scotland and Ireland in the Team Event at the WCOAP who will be the highest place finisher in the main event?

2) Name any two APAT Award winners

Tie Breaker (closest to the correct result wins): What time will the winner of the main event be announced on the live update thread. Please put in hours, minutes and seconds so for example 09:31:22 pm.

Answers in this thread please before the start of the Main Event. Good Luck :-)

Newportlad

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #650 on: March 26, 2013, 21:14:56 PM »

1. Darren Shallis

2. Paul McGuinness and Carl Pilgrim

3. 9:31:22pm
APAT Ireland 2008 Champion
APAT European 2010 Runner-Up
6 Final Tables
Captain of Team Cardiff. Online Southern Division Winners 2009
Team Cymru 2008
Team Cymru 2009
Team Cymru 2013

amcgrath1uk

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Gold Member
« Reply #651 on: March 26, 2013, 21:50:36 PM »
1. Asa McGrath

2. Carl Pilgrim and Ger Smyth

3. 9.31.23pm
Season 6 Online Ranking Winner
Season 6 UK Online Winner
Season 6 Member of the winning England team at the WCOAP
Season 6 Member of the England 'B' team, bronze medallists at the Home Internationals
Seasons 10 WCOAP Player of the series
WCOAP 8 game champ
WCOAP turbo champ
WCOAP Pineapple 2n

Fatcatstu

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #652 on: March 26, 2013, 22:32:11 PM »
1. Steve Rodderick (just causse i know how up for it you are)
2. David Amos and Carl Pilgrim
3. 10.42pm
England C Captain 2012
World Team Champions England 2013

ian.ski309

• Gold Member
« Reply #653 on: March 26, 2013, 22:39:29 PM »
1. Warren Jones

3. 11.02.46pm
APAT European Team Championships 2009 - Gold Medal

"The gambling known as business looks with austere disfavor upon the business known as gambling." - Ambrose Pierce

josharp01

• Regional Captain
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #654 on: March 26, 2013, 23:10:49 PM »
1. Tom Clark

2. Carl Pilgrim & David Amos

3. 10.06pm
2013 WCOAP Razz Champion "Jangle Jangle" :)

Proud Captain of Scotland "A" team-Home Int Champs 2012 :)

Captain of S6 East of England Team :)
APAT UK Online Champion 2011
Proud member of former Team Luton :D
NinjaJoJo on APAT Poker

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #655 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »
The WCOAP starts today and I am on my way to Notts now. Looking forward to seeing everybody and playing for the Welsh team. It will be a tough tournament but I think we have a very slight edge and are just about favourites. It will be such a tough competition though. Only about an hour away from Notts now, this one should be good.

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #656 on: April 02, 2013, 11:48:51 AM »

1. Warren Jones

3. 11.02.46pm

I am pretty sure this is the winner here.

Well done Ian, please post your Pokersars id and I will xfer you the $10 :-)

AAroddersAA

• Platinum Member
« Reply #657 on: April 02, 2013, 15:32:46 PM »
Got back from the WCOAP yesterday. The weekend was great as always the poker not so much. Quite unhappy wih my performance in the Team Event. I think that if I put in a better performance then Wales would have made the medal matches but I was just consistently bad for the whole of the event. This was a shame as it is the second time this year I have not really put in a good enough performance when playing for Wales. I played OK in the Cash Championship which I would like to see become a more regular thing at APAT. I lost a flip to make the final table with decent chips (it was a £240+ pot) but still only lost about £8 in the game, I also lost a flip for £160 with 99 against AK which I think would have got me to the final as well.

The main event unfortunately was not good, I didn"t feel great on the day (I seem to have caught a cold, guessing lack of food and sleep during the weekend did not help, maybe there is a lesson there - no I doubt it) and could not concerntrate on the table. I tried to play very tight but just could not see myself lasting a whole day at the table and basically gave up, did 15K chips in one round of the table and went back to the hotel and fell to sleep.

Getting back I spent yesterday afternoon going through Pokertracker to try and find some leaks in the game.uncovered a few things. A few things I want to try and do now are:-

1) Learn to play PLO8
2) Play a few more online tournaments
3) Learn to play PLO tournaments right and be +EV at them

Think I will now go and play some $4.50"s now to try and push the number of MTT"s I have played this year up a bit.

AceOnTheRiver

• Staker Licensed Player
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #658 on: April 02, 2013, 15:47:47 PM »

The main event unfortunately was not good, I didn"t feel great on the day (I seem to have caught a cold, guessing lack of food and sleep during the weekend did not help, maybe there is a lesson there - no I doubt it) and could not concerntrate on the table. I tried to play very tight but just could not see myself lasting a whole day at the table and basically gave up, did 15K chips in one round of the table and went back to the hotel and fell to sleep.

You definitely weren"t yourself mate  :(
@jpround on Twitter
Views are my own
"Do not protect yourself by a fence, but rather by your friends" Czech Proverb
"Where you find beer, you find good life" Another Czech Proverb

PHIL_TC

• Administrator
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #659 on: April 02, 2013, 15:49:42 PM »

You definitely weren"t yourself mate  :(

+1 we were both worried about you fella x
Winner of 1 gold, 2 silver & 1 bronze medals.
Proud member of team England '11 & '12 (Home Internationals) & team APAT  '11

Now pretty much poker retired, but available to help feed / sub the APAT server hamsters now & again.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=101148